I know I shouldn't be surprised.....

CoachTsurfing

All this Patsie love is making me sick. Every time I turn on espn and the radio all I get is how good the pats are going to be and how they were the best team last year. Um, excuse me last time I checked they couldn't even make it to the afc finals. A caller brings that up and the radio host says well, the pats demolished the jets in the first game and we were lucky to beat them the next two. And they keep going on about how the moves they made are going to put them over the top. They got a money grubbing it's all about me fat albert and a decent wr with a big mouth. Now I'm not saying they won't be good again, but where is the jet love. They've made it to the afc championship game two years in a row. Rex has changed the attitude of our team. Players want to come and play here. Namdi can suck it though. Fact is the Pats haven't done crap since they got caught cheating. And we're the team to beat in the afce. But I'm ok, I like being the underdog team that gets no respect. Lets play some football.

All this Patsie love is making me sick. Every time I turn on espn and the radio all I get is how good the pats are going to be and how they were the best team last year. Um, excuse me last time I checked they couldn't even make it to the afc finals. A caller brings that up and the radio host says well, the pats demolished the jets in the first game and we were lucky to beat them the next two. And they keep going on about how the moves they made are going to put them over the top. They got a money grubbing it's all about me fat albert and a decent wr with a big mouth. Now I'm not saying they won't be good again, but where is the jet love. They've made it to the afc championship game two years in a row. Rex has changed the attitude of our team. Players want to come and play here. Namdi can suck it though. Fact is the Pats haven't done crap since they got caught cheating. And we're the team to beat in the afce. But I'm ok, I like being the underdog team that gets no respect. Lets play some football.

This is a GOOD THING. Players listen to this stuff and will take it to heart. The patriots will continue to think that its their division to lose, and the Jets will continue to have that chip on their shoulder given that they STILL are not getting the respect they deserve when talking about the AFC east. They always seem to be "2nd best".

Trust me, only good can come out of this.

I get your frustration, but if you look at the off season, with the exception of Plax we just paid to keep our own. We lost Smith, good special teamer, we chose not to retain Braylon Edwards, both of whom were sreious contributors last year and we lost Woody the RT and we have not resigned Shawn Ellis.

I think only time will tell if the Jets actually got better. This will require some of our players to step up. Ducasse, Hunter, on the O LINE and Wilkerson and K. Ellis on D., Kerley maybe returning kicks for us, and we better hope Plax has something left and can play a whole season. With respect to the Pats, the Jets have an Island for Ocho, so I am not concerned about him. It whoever Cromartie draws that is of some concern, he got beat a lot and cost us more than his share of 15 yarders....A motivated Haynesworth is a beast if he really plays, I am concerned about him.

I am not sure the pundits are wrong. At the end of the day I believe that the Pats went 14-2 last year and won the division, without a wideout of ohcho's caliber and without a lineman with Haynesworths ability if and only if he plays. It was not the just that they picked these players up, it was that they got them cheap, fifth round picks if I am not mistaken. An argument can be made that they improved, particularly if Haynesworth returns to his Titans form.

I like the Jets roster, but I cannot say that the Jets going into the season are better (at least on paper) than they were last year. Thankfully, the games are not played on paper.

First off, whats new? The Patsies have been the media darlings for every blow hard out there for the past decade. And they were unbeatable last season too, remember? Well, when the Jets paid them a visist, is was Poetic Justice.

The Pats are reacting to Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez owning them...not the other way around.

**** the Patsies and their Diva asses.

Rex said it best in his press conf yesterday and it makes perfect sense.

This is paraphrased but his message was.

We need other teams besides the NYJ to start beating N.E. We know we can beat them now.

We are doing our part. If other teams start to get a few wins on them they wont win the AFCE.

Once someone hits the Patriots in the mouth- they fold.

Teams need to realize these arent the same Patriots teams of the mid 2000's. Their offense is soft.

Their entire team is soft and adding Fat Albert doesnt instantly change that. I like what they've done this offseason, but its not like they added anything the Jets or any other team in the league cant handle.

At the end of the day, its Brady and a sh*tty defense.

2 things on this

1st The Jets are NOT done adding to this roster that I can guarantee you.

2nd You can't say the Jets got better or worse for that matter if they keep the same roster pretty much in tact cause it all depends on Mark Sanchez if he takes the next step this team is considerably better than last years by far. If he does not take the next step or goes backwards then yes we are no better or worse than last year.

We need other teams besides the NYJ to start beating N.E. We know we can beat them now.

We are doing our part. If other teams start to get a few wins on them they wont win the AFCE.

that's why i love our coach. he makes me feel good about being a jet fan. i agree we need to shore up a few more positions. with the fat albert signing and losing ty warren, i think that's a wash and maybe even a back step and haynesworth can't get his act together. chad is an upgrade though.

The Patriots' record, including playoffs, last year was 14-3.

2 of their 3 total losses came at the hands of the New York Jets, one of them being in the playoffs. Nothing else about them matters to the Jets. They have been the favorites to win a Super Bowl every year since the last time they actually won one, going on 7 years ago. It means nothing.

There is certainly some truth to that. While the Jets could always win more games, there's no doubt the bar for them to win the division is higher than any other division in the league. If the Jets swept NE last year and everything else in the season turns out the same, they still win the division over the Jets 13-3 to 12-4.

How long have you been following the Jets? Why would you want the Jets to get any credit or respect? We suck when we get that. Hell look at what this team did after beating the Patriots in the playoffs, they were done.

No, I want the media and everyone to disrespect this team even after they win the next 3 SBs in a row. I want the media to write articles about how the Jets were "lucky" and it was a fluke after the first one, then after the second one for them to say "2 SBs is nothing, 3 is a dynasty and the Jets have already won as many as they'll win in the rest of franchise history" and hell if they can make up something after the third SB in a row let them do that too.

The last thing I want to hear is "Jets are SB favorites" or even "Jets are the best team in the AFCE."

Why does Rex need the other teams to do anything when the Jets are going to be CHAMPS this season?

Why does Rex need the other teams to do anything when the Jets are going to be CHAMPS this season?

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply.[1] Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to think about what the (often obvious) answer to the question must be. When a speaker states, "How much longer must our people endure this injustice?", no formal answer is expected. Rather, it is a device used by the speaker to assert or deny something. (e.g.: "Why me?") While amusing and often humorous, rhetorical questions are rarely meant for pure, comedic effect. A carefully crafted question can, if delivered well, persuade an audience to believe in the position(s) of the speaker.[2]

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply.[1] Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to think about what the (often obvious) answer to the question must be. When a speaker states, "How much longer must our people endure this injustice?", no formal answer is expected. Rather, it is a device used by the speaker to assert or deny something. (e.g.: "Why me?") While amusing and often humorous, rhetorical questions are rarely meant for pure, comedic effect. A carefully crafted question can, if delivered well, persuade an audience to believe in the position(s) of the speaker.[2]

Rexs plea reeks of fear and desperation.

"Soon the Champs" (but only if the other team beat the Patriots)

So you see absolutely no legitimate point in the fact that it makes the Jets jobs more difficult when the Patriots lose 3 times all year (including playoffs) and 2 of those times were at the hands of the Jets? That's not to say the Jets can't technically win the division if they're the only team to beat the Pats, but it's certainly a bit of a pain in the a$$. Keep in mind if no other team but the Pats beat the Jets last year the Jets would've won the division over the Pats, and the Pats would have had no control over that. Granted other teams did beat the Jets, and that's the Jets fault, but the Pats benefited from it despite having no hand in it. It's just the way the NFL works.

So you see absolutely no legitimate point in the fact that it makes the Jets jobs more difficult when the Patriots lose 3 times all year (including playoffs) and 2 of those times were at the hands of the Jets? That's not to say the Jets can't technically win the division if they're the only team to beat the Pats, but it's certainly a bit of a pain in the a$$. Keep in mind if no other team but the Pats beat the Jets last year the Jets would've won the division over the Pats, and the Pats would have had no control over that. Granted other teams did beat the Jets, and that's the Jets fault, but the Pats benefited from it despite having no hand in it. It's just the way the NFL works.

Couldn't we just win all our games?

I've never seen any coach in any sport ask other teams to beat his rival. It is kind of an odd thing to say.

Couldn't we just win all our games?

I've never seen any coach in any sport ask other teams to beat his rival. It is kind of an odd thing to say.

Of course they technically could, but it would certainly make it a little easier if they didn't have to, and considering only one team in NFL history has ever actually won all of their games, it's not an entirely great plan to hang your hat on.

Of course they technically could, but it would certainly make it a little easier if they didn't have to, and considering only one team in NFL history has ever actually won all of their games, it's not an entirely great plan to hang your hat on.

But, last year Rex told the team (and, everyone who watched Hard Knocks) that the goal was to: "Lead the league in ******* wins."

Having failed at that, it seems the new goal is to hope that other teams beat the Patriots.

Seems like a step backwards to me.

Drop the "we" sh*t PO - you're a blatant Patsie troll pretending to be a Jets fan. You're exposed a$$hole!!

I've been a Jets fan for 43 years.

And, unlike you, I never felt the need to leave the area that my favorite team plays in.

Go root for the Dolphins, or the Jaguars, or the Buccaneers...whatever gay area you live in.

Leave the Jets talk to us New Yorkers.

I've been a Jets fan for 43 years.

And, unlike you, I never felt the need to leave the area that my favorite team plays in.

Go root for the Dolphins, or the Jaguars, or the Buccaneers...whatever gay area you live in.

Leave the Jets talk to us New Yorkers.

You're no Jets fan, and the closest your a$$ gets to New York is where you pahk ya cah - in Havahd yahd!!! Troll!

You're no Jets fan, and the closest your a$$ gets to New York is where you pahk ya cah - in Havahd yahd!!! Troll!

Your name was in italics at the bottom of the thread for 15 minutes, meaning you were typing that whole time.

And that's the best you could come up with?

Archived