•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rex is Delusional

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 RevisIsland610

RevisIsland610

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationHudson Valley, NY

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Rex Ryan is in need of a serious reality check. Watching his post game press conference and I could swear I was watching a different game than he was. He said that Stevie Johnson didn't get the best of Revis. WRONG. Revis may have had his worst day of his career and if it wasn't for Johnson dropping that pass late in the game we lose. Sanchez threw 4 td's but he looked lost at times. He didn't have a particularly good game yet Rex would have you think it was an all time great. The fact is the jets were lucky to win this one and Rex really needs to get a firm hold on reality.
It's Go Time!!!!

#2 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 22,877 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

Rex Ryan is in need of a serious reality check. Watching his post game press conference and I could swear I was watching a different game than he was. He said that Stevie Johnson didn't get the best of Revis. WRONG. Revis may have had his worst day of his career and if it wasn't for Johnson dropping that pass late in the game we lose. Sanchez threw 4 td's but he looked lost at times. He didn't have a particularly good game yet Rex would have you think it was an all time great. The fact is the jets were lucky to win this one and Rex really needs to get a firm hold on reality.

Do you know what the coverage scheme was for this game? Rex alluded to it in the pc. The whole point was to not let Johnson get behind him and he didn't all day long. He caught one pass for a first down.
PatriotReign37, on 10 Sept 2014 - 10:56 AM, said: Oh the ironing.

#3 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Is this a Captain Obvious contest?

The sky is blue.

Your turn.

Posted Image

#4 RevisIsland610

RevisIsland610

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationHudson Valley, NY

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Do you know what the coverage scheme was for this game? Rex alluded to it in the pc. The whole point was to not let Johnson get behind him and he didn't all day long. He caught one pass for a first down.

He was also wide open twice in the last minute and dropped them both. Revis did not have a good game at all.
It's Go Time!!!!

#5 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 22,877 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

He was also wide open twice in the last minute and dropped them both. Revis did not have a good game at all.

The Jets were in a zone at that point. On one of those plays Revis was clear on the other side of the field.
PatriotReign37, on 10 Sept 2014 - 10:56 AM, said: Oh the ironing.

#6 Irish Jet

Irish Jet

• Members
  • 23,747 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Rex is awesome.

#7 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

Yeah tbh I seriously don't care what he says to the media/public. It makes absolutely zero difference to me what he says in a press conference. And fwiw I actually like how he always covers for his players. Who cares if he's bullsh*tting us. All that matters is the team imo. **** the public.

#8 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,048 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Yeah tbh I seriously don't care what he says to the media/public. It makes absolutely zero difference to me what he says in a press conference. And fwiw I actually like how he always covers for his players. Who cares if he's bullsh*tting us. All that matters is the team imo. **** the public.

Agreed. That said, Johnson had a very good day on Revis. Not too many receivers do that to him, in fact, none do really. This could be the making of a great rivalry in the division.
Posted Image

#9 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

...maybe the 2nd or 3rd non-AWESOME game of his career, I'm more than happy to make an allowance for that... lol

...and no, I have no problem with Rex having his back when he is the best corner in the universe.

#10 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

The Jets were in a zone at that point. On one of those plays Revis was clear on the other side of the field.

This. Though Revis was on the same side in the end zone Pool had a Cromartie moment. Neither has anything to do with Revis. Pool sucked today. Sigh, this team needs multiple new safeties.

#11 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

the jets just aren't a good team this year, period.

I really don't know if it's Sanchez or Schott or some combination of them both but this offense is putrid. I watched the game with my wife today and she asked me if that was chad pennington still playing QB for the Jets because all of the passes were short and floaters. not good.

#12 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

the jets just aren't a good team this year, period.

This!

#13 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

In the words of the Beatles 4000 holes.
To many holes in this side to be good this year.
The defence has been poor the last couple of weeks, the lack of pressure and poor safety play as really hurt us. I won't talk about the O I want to go to bed soon.

Edited by BurnleyJet, 27 November 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#14 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

In the words of the Beatles 4000 holes.
To many holes in this side to be good this year.
The defence has been poor the last couple of weeks, the lack of pressure and poor safety play as really hurt us. I won't talk about the O I want to go to bed soon.

It helps your defense look bad when your offense and special teams each give the other team's offense extra chances with the ball in plus territory.

Our defense is good.

#15 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,281 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

Yes, Rex is delusional, but his lockerroom speech shown on SNY is more telling than his postgame presser.

In the lockerroom he mentioned needing to improve and fixing mistakes. I think Rex has taken an Us-Against-the-World mentality with his team. He knows the fans and media are killing him, his coaching staff & players so he won't feed into that.

In other words, he's not going to bad mouth his players to the media even if it's warranted.
Posted Image

#16 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

oh my gawd johnson had like 8 ayrds per catch he totally powned revis oh my gawd !!!!
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users