If shawn Ellis is cut from the Pats

GREENBEAN

Do you think it would be a good idea to consider resigning him for depth and to retire as a Jet?

I don't like what happened last season with him and all that but you can't blame him for taking 4x the cash than we offered.

Just thinking about stuff over here.

Taking the money I get,

Running his mouth was kicking us while we were down

I can appreciate that, but once again, I can understand where he was coming from. he expected(maybe unrealistic) some loyalty to him and when the Pats offered him much more money, it vindicated his feelings. That he was worth much more than we were offering.

Pride aside, I think I would do it if it were my decision

I can appreciate that, but once again, I can understand where he was coming from. he expected(maybe unrealistic) some loyalty to him and when the Pats offered him much more money, it vindicated his feelings. That he was worth much more than we were offering.

I hear ya...

We could go back and forth allday:

"But he didn't earn his 4 mil and how we shouldn't bring somebody in our locker room who has his attitude, work ethic, etc."

And then you say, "well, we brought back John Santonio Holmes"

Either way, I'll deal with it.

Would like to get younger tho.

Would like to get younger tho.

This. We didn't draft Wilkerson and Ellis last year just to put another long-in-the-tooth veteran back there to suck up snaps. If someone gets hurt and Shaun is still available that's when it would be a good time to get him.

Ellis had a great Jets career and despite him going to the enemy last year, I'll still always appreciate that, but his Jets career is over and it should remain that way. The DL is the Jets strongest and deepest unit, and there's no reason anyone on this roster should lose their spot to a guy who's a shell of his former self like Ellis. Pitoitua is the only DL from last year's roster that isn't a lock for the roster, and when you consider Rex is clearly a fan of the guy and he'll have plenty of folks in camp to compete with, it's silly to bring in an old vet when there's only one potentially open spot on the DL. The truth is, there's not a chance in hell of Pouha, DeVito, Wilkerson, Dixon or Ellis going anywhere.

Though you understood where he was coming from given the amount of money the pats handed to him, let me ask you, do you think that emotional vindication translated on the field? Was he worth the money he was paid? It was statistically his worst year since his rookie season. He missed two games, only started in 10 and ended the season avg. 1 tackle a game with only 1 sack on the season. He signed with the Pats simply to go along for the "Tom Brady" ride. And I lost all football respect for him.

He's a good locker room guy, but he's done.

Archived