The one thing Mangini did well...

Integrity28

12-4 With Chad as HC > any Jets coach ever did.

Continue on with your childish insults though. Don't let a little football knowledge get in your way.

They went 11-5 and proceeded to get dismantled at home playoff game. Counting playoffs Mangini matched it in 2006, not to mention the Phags had an absolute cream puff schedule that year

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guarantee there are guys out there who will one day be wildly successful.

I can also gaurantee you it won't be with the Jets.

Yeah the Jets are never ever going to have someone be successfull for them. I've been following the team for 40 years and I've never been that pessimistic

Yeah the Jets are never ever going to have someone be successfull for them. I've been following the team for 40 years and I've never been that pessimistic

Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result

Correction. Rex won. Continues to, remains to be seen.

You are over-invested in the past. This team isn't good, and Rex has a big hand in getting them to this point. He owns the current state of the team just as much as he owns the past success you can't stop bringing up.

I suppose is what is the tolerance level for failure. Is it zero sum? That's the issue with Rex IMO at this stage. My personal opinion is you need to get a new GM that's better at assessing talent. Tannenbaum has proven he can manage certain aspects of his job very well, but those talents are a much narrower scope than what is required of a GM. He seems to more or less rely upon the coach and his scouting dept to make the choices for him. Give Rex another year or two with another GM at the helm and go from there. While it is the past, we have been competitive in every season under Rex. This has been the only one that has felt like an abject disaster from the onset.

Correction. Rex won. Continues to, remains to be seen.

You are over-invested in the past. This team isn't good, and Rex has a big hand in getting them to this point. He owns the current state of the team just as much as he owns the past success you can't stop bringing up.

Meh, the team definitely sucks right now with all the injuries but in general, I still think its pretty good. Our DL is young but I think has a ton of talent. I'm seeing them do some really good things but the LB'ers are so horrifically awful that it doesnt matter. I like the secondary, a lot.

The offense suffers from Mark Sanchez. There is talent, but you'll never see it with that turd at QB.

However, I agree isnt great and maybe not good from a talent standpoint, right now. Which actually supports my position. In spite of having a sh*tty team, Rex has them in first place right now. Thats not the past, brah.

The current state of the Jets is leaders of the AFC East. Truth is teams like Detroit or New Orleans are far greater disappointments than the Jets.

Pretty much everyone said they'd be around .500 before the schedule eased up.

Stop being a coward.

Thank you. Most scrutinized 2-2 team ever.

How many teams in the NFL have fans calling for the HC to be fired for being 2-2 and in first place of the division? Its bizarre.

He brought in guys that LOVED football.

Over the past couple weeks I've been trying to express my anger with what I view as the fundamental problem with this team and franchise, it's achilles heel if you will. I've talked about them being "soft" but I've not really put my finger on what I even meant by that. To clarify that thought, I think I've come to a more concise and acceptable realization.

This franchise routinely rosters players that - while talented - unselfishness, lack commitment, mental toughness and work ethic. This is not to imply that all of the Jets don't possess these qualities, but enough of them don't where it has become a detriment and the lack of really giving a sh*t has become pervasive.

We are one of those teams that has guys that do just enough, flashes of brilliance over-shadowed by gutless and/or boneheaded football. They don't really go above and beyond. When the going gets tough, they curl up in a ball. How many Jets teams in the past decade have we seen quit on their coach now? Mangini's last year. Rex's 3rd season. I feel like Herm's final year too. That's not coincidence... it's more like an epidemic.

As much as I disliked Mangini as our coach, he did have his priorities right in this regard.

Look at the great franchises in this league, they've found a way to marry together commitment with talent. The systematic results don't lie. The Jets have historically been enticed by measurables, not heart. Mangini went all in on heart, and along the way nabbed some talent too. Since Rex has been here, the focus has been predominantly placed on selfish, flashy players. Look at where that has gotten us.

Flame away... lol.

wait did you forget about Vernon that piece of crap had no heart and the tallent to be a great player ok maybe not great talent but if you love the game you overcome lack of talant did you forget about #80 all heart,Vernon all crap a Mangini draft pick.

Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result

So it's your take the Jets will never win anything? If so, you should probably follow another team and save yourself the stress. What exactly are you referring to as the same thing over and over?

Meh, the team definitely sucks right now with all the injuries but in general, I still think its pretty good. Our DL is young but I think has a ton of talent. I'm seeing them do some really good things but the LB'ers are so horrifically awful that it doesnt matter. I like the secondary, a lot.

The offense suffers from Mark Sanchez. There is talent, but you'll never see it with that turd at QB.

However, I agree isnt great and maybe not good from a talent standpoint, right now. Which actually supports my position. In spite of having a sh*tty team, Rex has them in first place right now. Thats not the past, brah.

How many teams in the NFL have fans calling for the HC to be fired for being 2-2 and in first place of the division? Its bizarre.

Sanchez does stink, but what talent is there on the offense?

The running game gets zero push, and we have no real RB.

What WR or TE is talented?

Last year everyone said how bad Sanchez sucked, and that the talent was there.

now Plax is out of football, could not even get a chance when guys like TO and Ocho Cinco where getting a chance.

What talent is there now?

Holmes is completely hit or miss, running wrong routes, dropping passes all over the place, and occasionally looking great.

Kerly may have some talent, but he is a slot receiver, which is what Holmes is as well. There is no true outside guy on this team, Hill is nowhere near ready for that role.

There is no posession guy aka Cotchery.

Shillens? Really, did not seem like anyone else really wanted him.

I just see zero talent on offense. And whats worse is this was the strategy by Rex.

If Rex ends up 8-8 on the year, I don't think many will be calling for his firing.

BUT, he completely collapsed last year, and is very fortunate to not be 1-3 right now. He lost the team last year, and admitted it, which is a HUGE red flag.

He talks as though there is so much talent on this team, well, the product on the field does not show that, whose fault is that then?

If the season goes how I think it will, which is a 5-6 win team, I want one if not both Rex and Tanny gone.

There is no leadership there, and no direction for the franchise. This franchise desperately needs that out of either the HC or the GM.

So it's your take the Jets will never win anything? If so, you should probably follow another team and save yourself the stress. What exactly are you referring to as the same thing over and over?

I did not say that, what I said is they probably won't get a guy who will be wildly successful, because quite frankly, the owner seems more interested in a circus act.

I am referring to the fact that we have sucked for 40 years, been bringing in the wrong people over and over again, and expecting a different result.

I have been a fan of this team since the late 70's, if I could, I would root for another team, I am not kidding, I really would.

I HATE the owner.

I completely dislike the HC.

And this franchise has been kicking me in the nuts forever as a season ticket holder and loyal fan.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with this crap as my team.

Only Jets fans. Phag fans would be talking about going to the SB. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.

Sanchez does stink, but what talent is there on the offense?

The running game gets zero push, and we have no real RB.

What WR or TE is talented?

Last year everyone said how bad Sanchez sucked, and that the talent was there.

now Plax is out of football, could not even get a chance when guys like TO and Ocho Cinco where getting a chance.

What talent is there now?

Holmes is completely hit or miss, running wrong routes, dropping passes all over the place, and occasionally looking great.

Kerly may have some talent, but he is a slot receiver, which is what Holmes is as well. There is no true outside guy on this team, Hill is nowhere near ready for that role.

There is no posession guy aka Cotchery.

Shillens? Really, did not seem like anyone else really wanted him.

I just see zero talent on offense. And whats worse is this was the strategy by Rex.

If Rex ends up 8-8 on the year, I don't think many will be calling for his firing.

BUT, he completely collapsed last year, and is very fortunate to not be 1-3 right now. He lost the team last year, and admitted it, which is a HUGE red flag.

He talks as though there is so much talent on this team, well, the product on the field does not show that, whose fault is that then?

If the season goes how I think it will, which is a 5-6 win team, I want one if not both Rex and Tanny gone.

There is no leadership there, and no direction for the franchise. This franchise desperately needs that out of either the HC or the GM.

DBrick, Mangold, Moore, Keller, Holmes, Kerley, Hill and Powell are all talented players. Cant have a pro bowler at every position. With a good QB, thats an adequate enough amount of talent to be a successful offense. Mark Sanchez is just pure garbage.

You think Rex is a horrible Head Coach. Yet he wins with no talent. Please explain that to me.

wait did you forget about Vernon that piece of crap had no heart and the tallent to be a great player ok maybe not great talent but if you love the game you overcome lack of talant did you forget about #80 all heart,Vernon all crap a Mangini draft pick.

The Boar Hunter!!

DBrick, Mangold, Moore, Keller, Holmes, Kerley, Hill and Powell are all talented players. Cant have a pro bowler at every position. With a good QB, thats an adequate enough amount of talent to be a successful offense. Mark Sanchez is just pure garbage.

You think Rex is a horrible Head Coach. Yet he wins with no talent. Please explain that to me.

Well you see, it's not Mark's fault he's bad....

There is not one game breaker in a league designed around game breakers.

Sorry, but there just is not.

And Powell? Are you serious?

What has Rex won?

0 divisions

0 AFC titles

0 SB's.

When he wins one of those we can talk about how much he won.

There is not one game breaker in a league designed around game breakers.

Sorry, but there just is not.

And Powell? Are you serious?

What has Rex won?

0 divisions

0 AFC titles

0 SB's.

Then this same argument applies to Sanchez when talking about "what he's done".

I did not say that, what I said is they probably won't get a guy who will be wildly successful, because quite frankly, the owner seems more interested in a circus act.

I am referring to the fact that we have sucked for 40 years, been bringing in the wrong people over and over again, and expecting a different result.

I have been a fan of this team since the late 70's, if I could, I would root for another team, I am not kidding, I really would.

I HATE the owner.

I completely dislike the HC.

And this franchise has been kicking me in the nuts forever as a season ticket holder and loyal fan.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with this crap as my team.

You said you guaranteed that a wildly successfull guy would do not be doing it for the Jets (guaranteed). What did I miss?

I understand your hatred of Woody. I'm not wild about him either, but he's not horrible, For example, he doesn't hire someone like Rich Kotite (a proven loser), gives a rookie coach a chance (Pete Carroll got 1 year), and gets rid of them before too long (Mangini, and Herm as opposed to Walton, Coslet, and Kotite - one year was too long for that dope). He did try to get a new stadium in NYC, and has pumped money into the training facilities.

40 years - there are several teams in this league that have not won the SB that have been around a long time and a few that have been worse than the Jets (the Lions come to mind). Doesn't mean they won't get there again. The Jets have been more successfull under Woody than any other time since SB3. So there's hope.

I really don't understand the hatred of Rex. He's done more than any other coach since Michaels (other than the Tuna).

What has Rex won?

0 divisions

0 AFC titles

0 SB's.

Dude he's only in his 4th season. As far as the division they are going against Brady and the cheats who have won 12 or more since Rex arrived. A lot of people around here want Cowher which is funny since it took him 15 years to win a title.

Seems pretty unanimous around here that Tanny needs to go - so who's his replacement?

And if Rex is fired - who's a better option?

Ah, the old "you can't get rid of someone because you don't know if the next guy will be better" argument. Popularized by bitonti during the Herm Era, as well as by every fat chick with a quasi-mentally-abusive boyfriend.

Ah, the old "you can't get rid of someone because you don't know if the next guy will be better" argument. Popularized by bitonti during the Herm Era, as well as by every fat chick with a quasi-mentally-abusive boyfriend.

Is that any worse than: (insert HC name here) hasn't won a SB in 3 years, and he needs to be fired and replaced by (insert Retread HC here).

Is that any worse than: (insert HC name here) hasn't won a SB in 3 years, and he needs to be fired and replaced by (insert Retread HC here).

I don't think anyone wants to fire Rex at this point, but the coach of any franchise has to be closer to a Super Bowl than the Jets are right now. The team has gone drastically backwards, and the whole regime needs to be evaluated.

I don't think anyone wants to fire Rex at this point, but the coach of any franchise has to be closer to a Super Bowl than the Jets are right now.

More than a few people have been calling for Rex's head around here.

As far as your second point, I don't agree. There's been more than a few coaches that took a while to win one (the consensus favorite around here Bill Cowher is one example). Another thing - you of course hate anything Tanny and blame him more than anybody for the lack of talent on the team. So if that's the case, why blame Rex? He's done a lot with very little if what you say is true.

More than a few people have been calling for Rex's head around here.

As far as your second point, I don't agree. There's been more than a few coaches that took a while to win one (the consensus favorite around here Bill Cowher is one example). Another thing - you of course hate anything Tanny and blame him more than anybody for the lack of talent on the team. So if that's the case, why blame Rex? He's done a lot with very little if what you say is true.

I don't blame Rex. I don't want to fire Rex. Your continued support of the Tannenbaum, and critique of Parcells Era, continues to amuse.

I don't blame Rex. I don't want to fire Rex. Your continued support of the Tannenbaum, and critique of Parcells Era, continues to amuse.

As does your blind hatred of anything Tanny. Oh, and I never said tuna wasn't a great coach, just average at best of a GM, and a quitter.

Its a question. Your snarky response means you obviously dont have an answer, no surprise.

But for example, are there some assistant GM's out there who've been leaning from a successful one that could get a shot or one that is waiting out there for a new team?

Its a question. Your snarky response means you obviously dont have an answer, no surprise.

But for example, are there some assistant GM's out there who've been leaning from a successful one that could get a shot or one that is waiting out there for a new team?

Nobody outside if football knew who Thomas Dimitroff, Jerry Reese, Rick Smith, Ted Thompson, Kevin Colbert, or Trent Baalke were before they got their jobs. It's incumbent upon the organization to find those guys. All you can do as a fan is evaluate what you have in front of you, and decide whether or not you think the people are in place to deliver a Super Bowl. Tannenbaum is Year Seven now. Seven. And the roster is a disaster, filled with disparate parts culled under an incoherent, shapeless philosophy. Not knowing the name of the next as-yet-discovered star talent evaluator doesn't preclude a fan from concluding that Tannenbaum blows.

Nobody outside if football knew who Thomas Dimitroff, Jerry Reese, Rick Smith, Ted Thompson, Kevin Colbert, or Trent Baalke were before they got their jobs. It's incumbent upon the organization to find those guys. All you can do as a fan is evaluate what you have in front of you, and decide whether or not you think the people are in place to deliver a Super Bowl. Tannenbaum is Year Seven now. Seven. And the roster is a disaster, filled with disparate parts culled under an incoherent, shapeless philosophy. Not knowing the name of the next as-yet-discovered star talent evaluator doesn't preclude a fan from concluding that Tannenbaum blows.

Never said it did. Just curious if there was a list of up and coming or the top available candidates, etc. You know, like HC's and stuff.

Like, who's the Ravens assistant GM? Sign that guy and pray by osmosis he learned something from Ozzie Newsome.

As does your blind hatred of anything Tanny. Oh, and I never said tuna wasn't a great coach, just average at best of a GM, and a quitter.

Quitter, yes. But as a GM he single-handedly rebuilt three different organizations for three jackass owners. Not too shabby.

Archived