The one thing Mangini did well...

Integrity28

Never said it did. Just curious if there was a list of up and coming or the top available candidates, etc. You know, like HC's and stuff.

Like, who's the Ravens assistant GM? Sign that guy and pray by osmosis he learned something from Ozzie Newsome.

Joe

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quitter, yes. But as a GM he single-handedly rebuilt three different organizations for three jackass owners. Not too shabby.

We've debated this before, and probably don't need to rehash it all here. Bill the coach quite often bailed out the Bill the GM. So we can agree to disagree on this one unless you want to start another thread on it.

I don't think anyone wants to fire Rex at this point, but the coach of any franchise has to be closer to a Super Bowl than the Jets are right now. The team has gone drastically backwards, and the whole regime needs to be evaluated.

Question does become-who would be better? Ryan is probably better than a lot of guys out there without jobs and most of those who do have HC jobs. Chan Gailey, Jason Garrett and Norv Turner are still inexplicably NFL coaches. Would think you hire a GM and let him make the decision if he can tolerate a shotgun wedding with Rex for a year and then allow the new GM to make the decision as to wether fish with him or cut bait. You might waste a year, but with another year on Pick 6's insane contract extension that's already baked into the cake.

We've debated this before, and probably don't need to rehash it all here. Bill the coach quite often bailed out the Bill the GM. So we can agree to disagree on this one unless you want to start another thread on it.

I can go find the stats I pulled up last year, but the teams Parcells put together won at a ~65% clip over the three years after he stopped coaching those teams. Those same teams had a combined winning percentage of ~36% over the three years before he got there. That's good team-building.

Question does become-who would be better? Ryan is probably better than a lot of guys out there without jobs and most of those who do have HC jobs. Chan Gailey, Jason Garrett and Norv Turner are still inexplicably NFL coaches. Would think you hire a GM and let him make the decision if he can tolerate a shotgun wedding with Rex for a year and then allow the new GM to make the decision as to wether fish with him or cut bait. You might waste a year, but with another year on Pick 6's insane contract extension that's already baked into the cake.

I brought this up with slats earlier this week. In the scenario where Tanny gets fired, I think it'd be in Rex's best interest to sneak out the back door at the same time. Staying for a probation year under a new GM who has no ties to him, with Sanchez and Tebow at QB, is a recipe for disaster, and a sure termination after what would be three brutal years. He could end up being viewed as Dom Capers if he goes that route.

I can go find the stats I pulled up last year, but the teams Parcells put together won at a ~65% clip over the three years after he stopped coaching those teams. Those same teams had a combined winning percentage of ~36% over the three years before he got there. That's good team-building.

He also drafted Chad Henne and took Jake Long over Matt Ryan.

/just sayin'

Yes, I'd be interested in seeing that. I'm sure that you can prove that all of this is 100% because of the Tuna, and not the new GM or HC right? Tell me something, how have the fish fared out since the mighty one quit on them? When the mighty one quit on the Jets, he left us with Boobway and your BFF Tanny, not to mention his hiring of Al Groh. Al Groh!

Yes, I'd be interested in seeing that. I'm sure that you can prove that all of this is 100% because of the Tuna, and not the new GM or HC right? Tell me something, how have the fish fared out since the mighty one quit on them? When the mighty one quit on the Jets, he left us with Boobway and your BFF Tanny, not to mention his hiring of Al Groh. Al Groh!

Parcells leaving teams certainly is a demerit against him, and very likely is the reason be wasn't a first-ballot Hall of Famer. His divorce from the Dolphins after a year and a half was horrible, but Ross might be the stupidest owner in sport--imagine Parcells having to answer to JLo and Da Birdman. That said, pre-Belichick Kraft, Ross, Jerry Jones and Woody Johnson are a who's who of NFL owners that nobody wants to work for.

Parcells' successors were Groh/Herm, Pete Carroll, Wade Phillips and Sparano. All awful head coaches. Not sure why you'd want to credit them with anything.

Parcells' successors were Groh/Herm, Pete Carroll, Wade Phillips and Sparano. All awful head coaches. Not sure why you'd want to credit them with anything.

Sparano was just in over his head down in "Celebrity Super Chode Wonderland". He was born to run THIS offense. The mans a big swinging dick with legs, he lives and breathes for that pound it down their ****ing throat football. He couldn't do it with that slap dick, pussy foot roster in Miami. Now he's coming into a culture built in the mold of the Ravens, toughness and accountability from ownership on down.

Sparano was just in over his head down in "Celebrity Super Chode Wonderland". He was born to run THIS offense. The mans a big swinging dick with legs, he lives and breathes for that pound it down their ****ing throat football. He couldn't do it with that slap dick, pussy foot roster in Miami. Now he's coming into a culture built in the mold of the Ravens, toughness and accountability from ownership on down.

YOU PUNCH ONE OF OURS, WE'LL WAG OUR FINGER IN YOUR FACE FROM FIVE YARDS AWAY

Parcels cost us Manning and Belicheck.

F HIM!!!!

Manning is the one that pisses me off the most. He was gift wrapped for the Tuna and he srewed it up. Probably the worst bumbling ever for this franchise and that is really saying something.

Manning is the one that pisses me off the most. He was gift wrapped for the Tuna and he srewed it up. Probably the worst bumbling ever for this franchise and that is really saying something.

Yup, and the whole reason was that selfish prick did not want to develop a QB because he KNEW he would not be here long enough to see the rewards.

I have never forgiven him for that.

I brought this up with slats earlier this week. In the scenario where Tanny gets fired, I think it'd be in Rex's best interest to sneak out the back door at the same time. Staying for a probation year under a new GM who has no ties to him, with Sanchez and Tebow at QB, is a recipe for disaster, and a sure termination after what would be three brutal years. He could end up being viewed as Dom Capers if he goes that route.

Now suspect NFL HC jobs are a very limited and exclusive job market, and not many football coaches are going to turn down such a job in the biggest market in the league. But having the albatross of Pick 6's 2013 contract is definitely not a selling point. You have to deal with a mess at the most important position on the field, which also takes up a big chunk of cap room.May be in that situation retaining Rex is a consideration. Keeps coming back to Sanchez's contract extension makes next year another debacle.

Archived