The Official 2013 (SUPER SHORT SEASON) Hockey Thread

GATA

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers need Sens to lose tonight and tomorrow to get 6th.

They lost 2-1 to the Flayers and I'm pretty sure they have the Buins tomorrow.

The Caps are hot and Boston is struggling, we pretty much own them for a while now too.

May be better off finishing 7th.

Wouldn't be over confident, but the Caps are a way better draw that either the Pens or the Habs. The Rangers historically have been awful agaisnt those 2 teams generally and I don''t recall them ever winning a playoff series agaisnt either.

Sens go up 3-2 with 3:34 to go in the third, Ottawa adds an empty net, this ones over.

I guess we only needed them to lose once, but with the same amount of wins and points, and them sweeping us, not sure how but the Rangers finish 6th.

We play the Caps.... AGAIN!

Thanks Rome!

New York Rangers 2013 Quarter Finals Schedule Wallpaper                

NYR_0513_QF_001_600x375.jpg

Widescreen 16:9

• 2560x1440 here
• 2048x1152 here
• 1920x1080 here
• 1600x900 here
• 1280x720 here

Widescreen 16:10

• 2560x1600 here
• 1920x1200 here
• 1680x1050 here
• 1440x900 here
• 1280x800 here

Full screen 5:4

• 1280x1024 here

Full screen 4:3

• 1400x1050 here
• 1280x960 here
• 1152x864 here
• 1024x768 here

--

Enjoy, folks.

You can see more of my work here: http://www.philkocher.com/wallpapers

Rough start for the Islanders, stupid undisciplined penalty leads to a PP goal. 

Nabby took an Iginla blast off the mask, and he looks shaken up, now it's 2-0.

Islanders are going to have to play allot better if they want to make this  a series.

Rough start for the Islanders, stupid undisciplined penalty leads to a PP goal. 

Nabby took an Iginla blast off the mask, and he looks shaken up, now it's 2-0.

Islanders are going to have to play allot better if they want to make this  a series.

That first penalty was really cheap. Streit was skating and didn't even know Cooke was going do be there. In the big picutre the talent difference is so dramatic not sure it matters. But those are the kind of cheap nonsense calls the Pens always get. Matt Cooke is a POS, Calling a BS penalty like that, giving him the benefit of the doubt, is absolute nonsense. Again, the Pens figure to win anyway.

That first penalty was really cheap. Streit was skating and didn't even know Cooke was going do be there. In the big picutre the talent difference is so dramatic not sure it matters. But those are the kind of cheap nonsense calls the Pens always get. Matt Cooke is a POS, Calling a BS penalty like that, giving him the benefit of the doubt, is absolute nonsense. Again, the Pens figure to win anyway.

Against Bettman's Queen Team, you got to figure they are going to get that call every time. I really think Nabby was shaken up, but even still, I could just tell at 2-0, they were going to get blown.

They seemed to be in awe, or just plain not ready last night, they have to play better, especially when it comes to getting to loose pucks in front of the net.

If they can steel game 2, they can make it a series, hopefully they bounce back strong.

They should try to get them to play wide open, like the Flyers did, but I doubt Iginla and Morrow would let that happen.

It was a penalty. And penalty or not, the Pens are just a way better team top to bottom than the islanders. And anyone else in the east for that matter. The Islanders would be lucky to steal one at all. Tavares was on lockdown city last night, not even one shot.

The Pens were way better than everybody last year too.

#brokenrecord

Actually the Pens were the 4 seed last year. They were 23-3 against Eastern Conference playoff teams this year and had the best record in the East, even with their stars missing a good number of games.

But keep on thinking whatever you want.

Not a good start for the Rangers yet Hank kept them in it.

Very frustrating to watch the PP fail to take control of the game, just knew the momentum would swing hard after those kills.

They need to come out fired up, and start putting more pucks and bodies to the net, enough of the passing for the perfect shot!

I get the feeling at times that when the Rangers are struggling offensively the net looks about as big as a golf hole.

They are selfless to a fault. Several times again last night there were times where the Rangers had good looks at the net and made one pass to many.

SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK !!!! 

I sat there and watched the Caps power play last night and they are shooting rockets from the point and going after rebounds. Pittsburgh is the same way, pass the puck, shoot from the top and go after the rebounds. Meanwhile the Rangers are; pass low, pass high, pass low, pass across, intercepted, cleared, 

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I get the feeling at times that when the Rangers are struggling offensively the net looks about as big as a golf hole.

They are selfless to a fault. Several times again last night there were times where the Rangers had good looks at the net and made one pass to many.

SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK !!!! 

I sat there and watched the Caps power play last night and they are shooting rockets from the point and going after rebounds. Pittsburgh is the same way, pass the puck, shoot from the top and go after the rebounds. Meanwhile the Rangers are; pass low, pass high, pass low, pass across, intercepted, cleared, 

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Watching Brad Richards stop, think about shooting. stickhandle a bit and THEN pass was INUFURIATING. When the Rangers were at their worst this season is when they turned every trip into the offensive zone into a prettiest pass competition.

Watching Brad Richards stop, think about shooting. stickhandle a bit and THEN pass was INUFURIATING. When the Rangers were at their worst this season is when they turned every trip into the offensive zone into a prettiest pass competition.

Even when they do shoot, they take too long, because of their indecisiveness, by the time they shoot, the lane is blocked.

Too bad Torts has pretty much ruined Kreider, because he was one of the few, that would just shoot, and get off a quick shot.

That big wind up Richards does is sickening, even Nash was not getting his shot off quick enough, and Zuccs for the most part was on automatic pass.

Last night was Hags vs. The Caps for the most part.

1 goal in 2 games, what a shame to waist a great performance by Hank.

Must win games at MSG from here on out.

If this keeps up, I don't see how they can justify holding on to Tortorella.

They continue to go behind the net as the puck is being played out to the man on the point.

The point man then plays the puck to the two wingers behind the net.

Why?

Why are they not putting bodies and pucks to the net?

1 goal in 2 games, what a shame to waist a great performance by Hank.

Must win games at MSG from here on out.

If this keeps up, I don't see how they can justify holding on to Tortorella.

They continue to go behind the net as the puck is being played out to the man on the point.

The point man then plays the puck to the two wingers behind the net.

Why?

Why are they not putting bodies and pucks to the net?

In every other NHL offense the point shoots at the net and the forwards crash the net, keeping their sticks on the ice looking for a rebound. Torts acts like he's got a secret plan that's superior.

At a loss how any franchise plays checking forwards like Piatt and Powe over Miller and Kreider. This team doesn't score enough, and penalty killing is a skill they could just as easliy do and give you some offense.  

Easy to blame the refs, but when you cannot score on the PP what difference would it be to watch another Richards fiasco? Also, Zuke deserves a lot more PP time than he's getting. All fine and good to obsess over defense but at this point Tortorella is signing his own pink slip. 1 goal in 2 games against not a very physical nor defense-oriented team that has a good but not great goalie is crap. I could grant him the Gabby move, because Gabby did often play like he had sand in his vagina. But this is a scared crap offense.

Lack of power play is killing them again- in the playoffs especially you have to convert those chances. Our power play we throw the puck all around the ice and not on goal

Lack of power play is killing them again- in the playoffs especially you have to convert those chances. Our power play we throw the puck all around the ice and not on goal

The Caps are only to happy to let them pass it arounde the perimeter and dump it into the corner. We're also seeing the Caps ice the puck wihtout a 2nd thoguht because even when the Rangers win the faceoff they don't shoot off the faceoff pass. Now the Rangers don't have anyone with a big shot, but the lack of a quick hard shot off the draw gives the defense and golaie time to reset.

And on defense, everyone collapsing around the net is not really so brilliant. We've seen again and again under Torts sooner rather than later the opposition scores. The Rangers failed to get a shot off in the last 17+ minutes of game time. The best defense really is a good offense.

Archived