Best Mock I have seen so far (NFL.COM)

Favorite_Toon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. That's awful. They don't have the Jets taking a single offensive lineman and three WRs including a midget in the first round. You want to take a QB prospect, find. Take one later on. There's no difference between the QBs available in the 2nd than those available in the 4th or 5th.

I'd be absolutely furious if we passed up on some of the names in the 2nd round available with the Jets taking EJ Manuel.  He's garbage.

That said, overall, that would be a pretty good haul.  To save everyone the trouble:

9. Kiki Mingo OLB

13. Tavon Austin WR

39. EJ Manuel QB

72. Pablo Escobar TE

106. Monte Ball RB

141. Brandon McGee CB

1798. Corey Fuller WR

215. Marquess Wilson WR

I'd be absolutely furious if we passed up on some of the names in the 2nd round available with the Jets taking EJ Manuel.  He's garbage.

That said, overall, that would be a pretty good haul.  To save everyone the trouble:

9. Kiki Mingo OLB

13. Tavon Austin WR

39. EJ Manuel QB

72. Pablo Escobar TE

106. Monte Ball RB

141. Brandon McGee CB

1798. Corey Fuller WR

215. Marquess Wilson WR

:rl:   Glad we are going with the run & shoot.

Tavon Austin is a playmaker fastest player in this draft and immediately upgrades the return game and a deep threat.

EJ Manual is a beast... Rocket Arm and Can run and scramble

Mingo is awesome and not a workout warrior... you guys should have said that about Vernon Gholston back when I was screaming that.... and you all were in love with him

Escobar is the third best TE in this draft

Monte ball is solid

I like the Austin pick.

Mingo, no thanks, not again. Give me a lower ceiling, fine, but give me a sure bet.

Enough with the OL, seriously, enough... every year we're working on it. We have more there between Mangold and Brick alone than we do at the skill positions. I want some playmaking ability for once. Just re-sign Moore to play RG or something.

Why is everyone pissed at a taking a QB?  we don't need one?  or  you like someone else at QB?  or wait till next years draft?  See the thing is this if were going to suck.... at least be entertaining and watch some exciting rookies play this year

I like Nassib in the 2nd or Glennon in the 4th.

I like the Austin pick.

Mingo, no thanks, not again. Give me a lower ceiling, fine, but give me a sure bet.

Enough with the OL, seriously, enough... every year we're working on it. We have more there between Mangold and Brick alone than we do at the skill positions. I want some playmaking ability for once. Just re-sign Moore to play RG or something.

What makes him so risky?? The kid is probably one of the most aggressive, hardest working players there is in this first round and has elite measurables to boot.  I could see the size issue being a problem, but I just don't get how he's such a risky pick.

I'm just gonna go on record as saying that Jarvis Jones will have a better career than Barkevious Mingo.

+1. And the way I'm seeing things going.  He could be there at 13.

Makes me really start to want a Patterson/Austin at 9, Jones at 13, Ertz, Winters, Gillislee, Bray, blah, blah, put me in the war room.

Montee Ball in the 4th could be a coop. 

I was thinking more like a coup, though he might also be a poultry cage as you suggest.

What

makes him so risky?? The kid is probably one of the most aggressive,

hardest working players there is in this first round and has elite

measurables to boot.  I could see the size issue being a problem, but I

just don't get how he's such a risky pick.

Production?

My whole point is this.... If were basically throwing this year away.... Then I would love to watch a Rookie QB with a rocket arm and elite speed and a WR that can burn up the sidelines... At least we we would be entertained... Who would you rather watch Mark Sanchez and a rookie guard and outside linebacker? Cmon lets be serious.. It would not only be boring it would painful to watch that sh*t

My whole point is this.... If were basically throwing this year away.... Then I would love to watch a Rookie QB with a rocket arm and elite speed and a WR that can burn up the sidelines... At least we we would be entertained... Who would you rather watch Mark Sanchez and a rookie guard and outside linebacker? Cmon lets be serious.. It would not only be boring it would painful to watch that sh*t

Austin wouldn't be burning up the sidelines as he is limited to the slot because of his size.

Let's be clear, no one really wants to see more Sanchez but Rex Ryan is coaching for his job so he's going to start Sanchez or Garrard if he doesn't keel over in training camp to try to win games no matter who they choose come draft day.

Like tebow last year.... We were already not making the playoffs.... Why not just throw him out there and see what he could have done... He's a very fired up type player and at least it would have been fun... But that stubborn **** Ryan wouldn't have it that way... and he will be gone soon anyways

How could he say that Mark Sanchez gives him the best chance to win while he was having close to the worst year a QB could possibly have... Why fans aren't more angry at Ryan is beyond me... He is big mouth that even got put in his place by buck Showalter of all people...lol

Manuel is awful.

I'm just gonna go on record as saying that Jarvis Jones will have a better career than Barkevious Mingo.

It's tough to say and I don't think I like doing this comparison, because it kind of pits one against the other when we'd probably be lucky to have both.  On one hand you have to love Jones' production and domination of the best conference in college football, but he has had trouble playing in tight spaces and disengaging from blocks (his 40 is troubling, but doesn't particularly bother me like it does others).  Despite Mingo's measurables he's extremely aggressive with a great motor and I'd say is actually better at setting the edge than Jones.  If it were either grab Mingo with the 9th or move down, acquire another pick and select jones in the later part of round one, then I guess you'd have to love the later.  But i'm still going with Mingo in the first as his production knock is more due to scheme and responsibility (watched every snap he took in his college career) and he seems to have a better frame to add good weight.   

Can't go wrong either way in my opinion though

Derp

It's true and you know it and don't act like I'm the l my on saying it. You put a 5'7" dude against most 6'0" corners and he's going to be outmuscled and out worked all day. The only thing he'd be on the outside for is for a bubble screen. Which may work if Stephen Hill can continue to be what we drafted him for: downfield blocking.

It's tough to say and I don't think I like doing this comparison, because it kind of pits one against the other when we'd probably be lucky to have both. On one hand you have to love Jones' production and domination of the best conference in college football, but he has had trouble playing in tight spaces and disengaging from blocks (his 40 is troubling, but doesn't particularly bother me like it does others). Despite Mingo's measurables he's extremely aggressive with a great motor and I'd say is actually better at setting the edge than Jones. If it were either grab Mingo with the 9th or move down, acquire another pick and select jones in the later part of round one, then I guess you'd have to love the later. But i'm still going with Mingo in the first as his production knock is more due to scheme and responsibility (watched every snap he took in his college career) and he seems to have a better frame to add good weight.

Can't go wrong either way in my opinion though

It just seems like people are working really, really, really hard to explain that Mingo was secretly a dominant player at LSU, and he'll do things he's literally never done when he gets to the pro level.

Archived