Star Wars VII Has Begun Filming

RutgersJetFan

Agree with most of this. Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock are not just great Star Trek movies, they're classic SciFi. Wrath especially is so great. V and VI are OK. I and IV are steaming piles of dogsh*t. Particularly IV which is embarrassingly absurd (Whales? Seriously?). Generations didn't happen, though is unintentionally funny if you smoke a ton of weed beforehand. First Contact is OK. Insurrection and Nemesis suck. The TNG movies aren't really must sees to be honest.

Yeah, a lot of people hate IV, and even Trek nerds argue about it. I happen to fall into the group of those who like it. Sure, the plot devices were dumb as all hell and the whole thing is stuffed with unabashed camp, but I think the fish-out-of-water element was fun enough to carry it, especially for those who have an affinity for the characters. Like Detroit said, it was a good departure and I think it works. 

As for Generations, a lot of people hate that one too but I enjoyed it very much. I'm willing to admit that part of my admiration for it was based in seeing my beloved TNG characters on the big screen for the first time alongside the old-school cast, but even with its faults I think it's on the higher end of the scale as far as Trek movies go. 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, a lot of people hate IV, and even Trek nerds argue about it. I happen to fall into the group of those who like it. Sure, the plot devices were dumb as all hell and the whole thing is stuffed with unabashed camp, but I think the fish-out-of-water element was fun enough to carry it, especially for those who have an affinity for the characters. Like Detroit said, it was a good departure and I think it works.

As for Generations, a lot of people hate that one too but I enjoyed it very much. I'm willing to admit that part of my admiration for it was based in seeing my beloved TNG characters on the big screen for the first time alongside the old-school cast, but even with its faults I think it's on the higher end of the scale as far as Trek movies go.

The scenes with Picard and Kirk were pretty cool. I'll give it that.

The scenes with Picard and Kirk were pretty cool. I'll give it that.

Definitely some of the higher points of the movie, especially from a nostalgia standpoint. Data had some great moments in there as well. 

Patrick Stewart can do no wrong in my book, but it's pretty easy to see that by the time Nemesis came out, even he was getting tired of it.  

Thats the quote from Jedi actually where Luke tells Leia she is his sister

It's the quote but in new form. If you listen closely the tone is different in the syllables.

Also, Hamill already said that it's a new version of that line. But that wouldn't fit in with me showing off my super sweet Star Wars skills.

Thats the quote from Jedi actually where Luke tells Leia she is his sister

It's the quote but in new form. If you listen closely the tone is different in the syllables.

Also, Hamill already said that it's a new version of that line. But that wouldn't fit in with me showing off my super sweet Star Wars skills.

maybe force ghost vader ?

so me and my old friends are all getting together for the movie.  people are flying in xmas week, lol

we were all 10 years old when episode IV came out, 13 for V and 16 for VI

its really our religion

so me and my old friends are all getting together for the movie.  people are flying in xmas week, lol

its really our religion

I think I saw it first time in the movies in like 82, I can still remember, for lack of a better word, how magical the whole thing seemed.

so me and my old friends are all getting together for the movie. people are flying in xmas week, lol

its really our religion

I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do. I usually like to be down in SoFla that time of year but Chicago has a 70 foot IMAX screen. And word is they're gonna show 4-6 on it the week prior.

I think I saw it first time in the movies in like 82, I can still remember, for lack of a better word, how magical the whole thing seemed.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do. I usually like to be down in SoFla that time of year but Chicago has a 70 foot IMAX screen. And word is they're gonna show 4-6 on it the week prior.

the thing back then was all you had was the theater.  no internet, very few vcr's, no on demand cable, if you wanted to see it you had to go see it.  the audiences were like nothing I have ever experienced, cheering and booing !

I fear we will wind up with 20 drunken 47 year olds in a movie theater cheering for han sololololol

the thing back then was all you had was the theater.  no internet, very few vcr's, no on demand cable, if you wanted to see it you had to go see it.  the audiences were like nothing I have ever experienced, cheering and booing !

I fear we will wind up with 20 drunken 47 year olds in a movie theater cheering for han sololololol

Probably. The mindset you have to go into opening nights with is whatever. I'm usually at a midnight opener for any comic book flick, and the crowds are always loud and entertaining. Probably 1 out of every 2 are drunk or high, yours truly included. If you want to enjoy it in silence, take a Wednesday afternoon off or something.

I'll probably do both for VII. My guess is I'll see this at least twice and probably three times in the theater.

Probably. The mindset you have to go into opening nights with is whatever. I'm usually at a midnight opener for any comic book flick, and the crowds are always loud and entertaining. Probably 1 out of every 2 are drunk or high, yours truly included. If you want to enjoy it in silence, take a Wednesday afternoon off or something.

I'll probably do both for VII. My guess is I'll see this at least twice and probably three times in the theater.

lol

yeah I'm going to see it once with buddies once with kids and maybe once by myself.....

I saw empire 5 times in the theaters.  what a summer......

so me and my old friends are all getting together for the movie. people are flying in xmas week, lol

its really our religion

Clone of Vader?

ok rutgers, what is this about ?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/03/entertainment/fea-director-leaves-star-wars/index.html

But the first anthology movie, "Star Wars: Rogue One," will take place between "Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Episode IV: A New Hope" (known to many as the first "Star Wars" movie from 1977).

They're making three other movies on top of 7-9, called the anthology trilogy. Each are individual stories taking place in other parts of the universe. The first is about a group of Rebels trying to steal the plans to the Death Star. Supposedly the other two are standalone Boba Fett and Han Solo movies. But there was also a rumor of a Jedi version of Seven Samurai a while ago too.

They're making three other movies on top of 7-9, called the anthology trilogy. Each are individual stories taking place in other parts of the universe. The first is about a group of Rebels trying to steal the plans to the Death Star. Supposedly the other two are standalone Boba Fett and Han Solo movies. But there was also a rumor of a Jedi version of Seven Samurai a while ago too.

whoa

bobba fett is my fave.  they just have a license to print money now

funny-star-wars-villians-yoda1_zpsbbfheb

luke, ben, qui-gon, yoda ?

siddious, tyranus, maul, vader ?

If I had to pick Lucas' biggest mistake of I-III, it would be killing Darth Maul. He's the one thing Phantom Menace got right. Hands down the coolest character from the prequels. They brought him back for Clone Wars, and those episodes were great, but man it would have been awesome to see him be the antagonist for all three.

Although not quite as big, the Fort Lauderdale Imax screen is 60 feet by 80 feet. So you still have an option.

1337352079145.jpg

I think they built a new one in Delray too. Does Ft Laud do reserved seating?

The last time I was there, they did not. I heard if you pay an extra seven dollars, they let you in early so you can pick whatever seat you want but, I wouldn't consider that reserved seating.

I know. I really like the premise of Rogue One, but the Seven Jedi thing seemed like such a home run, I'm really shocked they didn't go with it.

Tbh I think the multiple Jedis running around thing doesn't work and got exposed in the prequels. When it was just Luke or Obi Wan like in the original trilogy it worked and the pacing of the sword movements was slow and you could see what was happening.

• 1 month later...

Two huge pieces of news on the Anthology films today:

1. Vader is going to be in Rogue One.

2. Second film confirmed and it's a young Han Solo flick focusing on how he becomes a smuggler and meets Chewie. Directors are the dudes who did 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie.

Man, the return of badass Vader. Abrams and Co are seriously doing this sh*t right.

Two huge pieces of news on the Anthology films today:

1. Vader is going to be in Rogue One.

2. Second film confirmed and it's a young Han Solo flick focusing on how he becomes a smuggler and meets Chewie. Directors are the dudes who did 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie.

Man, the return of badass Vader. Abrams and Co are seriously doing this sh*t right.

Is Hayden Christensen confirmed to make an appearance? Or will they just get any old body double and dub it with the Vader voice?

I almost cried watching that trailer for the first time. It's just unbelievably nostalgic. Han and Chewie, the sound of the TIE fighters and x-wings zipping by, Luke and the Jedi, stormtroopers on Tatooine, etc. Everything about it is just awesome. 

Is Hayden Christensen confirmed to make an appearance? Or will they just get any old body double and dub it with the Vader voice?

Abrams said a year back he wasn't bringing him back for anything. The word from day one has been that they've basically been moving forward as if the prequels never happened. Not throwing away the story, but basically just ignoring them. Though he did joke around about an Easter egg where Jar Jar gets killed.

Not sure why they'd dub in a voice. Jones is alive and kicking and is cool as hell. I can't imagine any scenario where he wouldn't bring the voice back.

Archived