If Rex is back, I am done

ToughToGoGreen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

simple as that.

I have been a die hard, bleed green fan since 1978. One of the ways I have identified myself for my lifetime is as a Jet fan.

My family all buys me Jets gear for every occasion.

I literally have been bleeding green for 46 years. If Rex comes back I am done with this team, and I won't look back. I know most of you don't care, and that is fine, but that is how I feel. That POS comes back and I am done, out, gone, good bye.

I put up with Kotite, Herm, and many bad coaches, but if Rex comes back for year 7, I will finally be freed from this POS franchise.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

JetsBabe claiming source who states confirmed that Idzik and Rex are both fired tomorrow.  Bad blood with a claim that Idzik purposefully set up Rex to fail.  

Also claims that Rex was told he was going to be fired last year at Week 14...

Let the smearing begin.

https://twitter.com/emesola

Doesn't the second line discredit the first line?

It doesn't matter.

Rex took this team from playoff contention to worse than the Raiders. 2 general managers, 6 drafts, 3 offensive coordinators, 2 QBs that sucked, 2 QBs that were never even given a chance, 2 defensive coordinators, substantial turnover throughout the roster and position coaches, and through it all only 1 Rex, putting his seal of approval on it all. He was the guy Woody got behind, this whole argument that Rex shouldn't be accountable for the failings of those around him is ridiculous. Rex was handed the keys, he was made untouchable and custom-fit to be the centerpiece of this organization, and everything around him had to have had his blessing... and everything around him crumbled to sh*t, yet people argue that he's not responsible.

Those people are ******* insane.

I don't care if the next coach has NO experience, because the current coach has shown that with 6 years of experience all he knows how to do is neglect the team and all of its priorities, while manipulating the person ultimately in charge of his having a job.

I totally agree that Rex is responsible and deserves to be fired. Stupid penalties and poor clock management after 6 years, these are simple problems to fix that Rex has not been able to improve on. There is no doubt that he is an exceptional motivator and D game-plan schemer though.

I think it's safe to say whoever replaces him will not be as talented at developing such imaginative looks and blitz packages (mostly successful in 1st half, lol).

I just think there is talent on the roster and I dont want a total rebuild. The optimal course of action is bring in an experienced GM/HC combo to fill in the gaps (QB, CB and depth) I don't see the jets job appealing to anyone that has demonstrated they can do that.

So pessimistic, and have no confidence in Woody to make the right decisions.

I totally agree that Rex is responsible and deserves to be fired. Stupid penalties and poor clock management after 6 years, these are simple problems to fix that Rex has not been able to improve on. There is no doubt that he is an exceptional motivator and D game-plan schemer though.

I think it's safe to say whoever replaces him will not be as talented at developing such imaginative looks and blitz packages (mostly successful in 1st half, lol).

I just think there is talent on the roster and I dont want a total rebuild. The optimal course of action is bring in an experienced GM/HC combo to fill in the gaps (QB, CB and depth) I don't see the jets job appealing to anyone that has demonstrated they can do that.

So pessimistic, and have no confidence in Woody to make the right decisions.

Rex didn't invent the blitz, I'm pretty sure we can hire someone capable of drawing one up... And maybe if we're lucky that person will know how to do everything else a HC should, including getting to the QB without blitzing.

It doesn't matter.

Rex took this team from playoff contention to worse than the Raiders. 2 general managers, 6 drafts, 3 offensive coordinators, 2 QBs that sucked, 2 QBs that were never even given a chance, 2 defensive coordinators, substantial turnover throughout the roster and position coaches, and through it all only 1 Rex, putting his seal of approval on it all. He was the guy Woody got behind, this whole argument that Rex shouldn't be accountable for the failings of those around him is ridiculous. Rex was handed the keys, he was made untouchable and custom-fit to be the centerpiece of this organization, and everything around him had to have had his blessing... and everything around him crumbled to sh*t, yet people argue that he's not responsible.

Those people are ******* insane.

I don't care if the next coach has NO experience, because the current coach has shown that with 6 years of experience all he knows how to do is neglect the team and all of its priorities, while manipulating the person ultimately in charge of his having a job. 

this is like the info commercial on domestic violence where the person is going to make a comment and is left speechless.

And in 2 of the last 3 years Woody Johnson paid serious American dollars to professionals to tell him how to run his football team. Perhaps this time he will actually listen to them. 

He can get his money back if he used American Express to foot the bill. He can claim dissatisfaction.   

Archived