If Rex is back, I am done

ToughToGoGreen

He won't be back.

The fact that they have already brought in Casserly and it looks like, if you go by the reports Ron Wolf as well, nobody is gonna survive. Rex, Idzik, Bradway. I expect all of them to be gone if not tomorrow then when the new GM is named.

we should all meet and hold a prayer meeting for this outcome. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been a die hard, bleed green fan since 1978. One of the ways I have identified myself for my lifetime is as a Jet fan.

My family all buys me Jets gear for every occasion.

They haven't told you that you were adopted yet, have they?   :winking0001:

I love how "if we fire Rex, watch he'll go somewhere with a hall of fame caliber everything and win a Super Bowl". Do Jet fans even watch this sport?

agreed , I've been saying it also, if Rex has proved anything it is that he is his fathers son..I see his career going just like Buddy, his first stop will be his most successful , next stop ( Atlanta ? ) will be a debacle just like Buddy in Arizona and then it's off to be a D coordinator just like Buddy in Houston .

I love how "if we fire Rex, watch he'll go somewhere with a hall of fame caliber everything and win a Super Bowl". Do Jet fans even watch this sport?

Or if we Fire Rex the Jets will all of a sudden win Super Bowls. Getting rid of Rex is fine, but who replaces him? Another coach with zero NFL HC experience?

agreed , I've been saying it also, if Rex has proved anything it is that he is his fathers son..I see his career going just like Buddy, his first stop will be his most successful , next stop ( Atlanta ? ) will be a debacle just like Buddy in Arizona and then it's off to be a D coordinator just like Buddy in Houston .

Agreed, but my point is mostly that the People who fear losing what could have been by firing Rex insist he'll land in a situation that most consider championship ready, which doesn't exist because those teams (if they are built) almost never need a new coach, because the one they have got them to that point.

simple as that.

I have been a die hard, bleed green fan since 1978. One of the ways I have identified myself for my lifetime is as a Jet fan.

I literally have been bleeding green for 46 years. If Rex comes back I am done with this team, and I won't look back. I know most of you don't care, and that is fine, but that is how I feel. That POS comes back and I am done, out, gone, good bye.

I put up with Kotite, Herm, and many bad coaches, but if Rex comes back for year 7, I will finally be freed from this POS franchise.

Cool so when the team is finally good many years from now when you crawl back out of whatever rock you are about to crawl into will you be known as it'sGood2bGreen???

Agreed, but my point is mostly that the People who fear losing what could have been by firing Rex insist he'll land in a situation that most consider championship ready, which doesn't exist because those teams (if they are built) almost never need a new coach, because the one they have got them to that point.

yup good point.. Atlanta looking like the only spot where he may land and that team has some flashy fantasy stars but is every bit the 6 win team they showed the last two years.

It has nothing to do with being stupid. He should be gone. But you can't argue with today's performance.

It was great but Today's performance should have zero to do with the big picture. We are 4-12 and missed the playoffs 4 years in a row. Today means nothing, just like it meant nothing last year

simple as that.

I literally have been bleeding green for 46 years. If Rex comes back I am done with this team, and I won't look back. I know most of you don't care, and that is fine, but that is how I feel. That POS comes back and I am done, out, gone, good bye.

I put up with Kotite, Herm, and many bad coaches, but if Rex comes back for year 7, I will finally be freed from this POS franchise.

Instead of being tormented over this why don't you just hit the road now.

Or if we Fire Rex the Jets will all of a sudden win Super Bowls. Getting rid of Rex is fine, but who replaces him? Another coach with zero NFL HC experience?

It doesn't matter.

Rex took this team from playoff contention to worse than the Raiders. 2 general managers, 6 drafts, 3 offensive coordinators, 2 QBs that sucked, 2 QBs that were never even given a chance, 2 defensive coordinators, substantial turnover throughout the roster and position coaches, and through it all only 1 Rex, putting his seal of approval on it all. He was the guy Woody got behind, this whole argument that Rex shouldn't be accountable for the failings of those around him is ridiculous. Rex was handed the keys, he was made untouchable and custom-fit to be the centerpiece of this organization, and everything around him had to have had his blessing... and everything around him crumbled to sh*t, yet people argue that he's not responsible.

Those people are ******* insane.

I don't care if the next coach has NO experience, because the current coach has shown that with 6 years of experience all he knows how to do is neglect the team and all of its priorities, while manipulating the person ultimately in charge of his having a job. 

It doesn't matter.

Rex took this team from playoff contention to worse than the Raiders. 2 general managers, 6 drafts, 3 offensive coordinators, 2 QBs that sucked, 2 QBs that were never even given a chance, 2 defensive coordinators, substantial turnover throughout the roster and position coaches, and through it all only 1 Rex, putting his seal of approval on it all. He was the guy Woody got behind, this whole argument that Rex shouldn't be accountable for the failings of those around him is ridiculous. Rex was handed the keys, he was made untouchable and custom-fit to be the centerpiece of this organization, and everything around him had to have had his blessing... and everything around him crumbled to sh*t, yet people argue that he's not responsible.

Those people are ******* insane.

I don't care if the next coach has NO experience, because the current coach has shown that with 6 years of experience all he knows how to do is neglect the team and all of its priorities, while manipulating the person ultimately in charge of his having a job.

Master post, sir

JetsBabe claiming source who states confirmed that Idzik and Rex are both fired tomorrow.  Bad blood with a claim that Idzik purposefully set up Rex to fail.  

Also claims that Rex was told he was going to be fired last year at Week 14...

Let the smearing begin.

https://twitter.com/emesola

So, Idzik wanted to fire him last year, but Woody saved him, then Idzik responds by neutering the roster in order to get rid of Rex, which results in both of them being fired. But this is an attractive job.

If we got a brand new first ever post here proclaiming that, if Rex is fired, I am done......

We would at least immediately know exactly who the OP was....

It would have to be those three dildos who narrated today's game for CBS...I thought I was listening to a three hour telethon for the Save Rex Ryan Foundation

So, Idzik wanted to fire him last year, but Woody saved him, then Idzik responds by neutering the roster in order to get rid of Rex, which results in both of them being fired. But this is an attractive job.

And in 2 of the last 3 years Woody Johnson paid serious American dollars to professionals to tell him how to run his football team. Perhaps this time he will actually listen to them. 

And in 2 of the last 3 years Woody Johnson paid serious American dollars to professionals to tell him how to run his football team. Perhaps this time he will actually listen to them.

Why listen to those paid professionals when he can just check his Twitter mentions?

So why is Woody talking to Casserly? Casserly had Geno as the 1st QB off the board and 7th overall pick in his draft.

I fear Woody is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

So why is Woody talking to Casserly? Casserly had Geno as the 1st QB off the board and 7th overall pick in his draft.

I fear Woody is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

So why are you constantly annoying Jet fans on Jet message boards. Don't you have playoff games to get ready for?

Archived