Rex Ryan: Amaro will be accountable for his comments

BurnleyJet

Yeah. Not hearing anybody chirping in Rex's defense. Truth is, Amaro should have stayed out of it and moved forward as well. But Rex is acting like a complete idiot. Is he really that thin-skinned?

I agree that Rex's response was a little over the top.  A better choice of words would have been more appropriate.  

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dcat:  I call it the Amaro/Ryan saga because both were involved.  Amaro initiated the issue and Rex followed up (when ASKED) twice.  

The fact remains that Amaro hasn't said anything since the initial response in the interview, despite being asked to perpetuate it.  All the venom .. every drop of it, comes from the immature little boy with the big mouth in a man's body.  Rex is the most unprofessional doofus ever to coach an NFL team.  Well maybe Jerry Glanville rates pretty high as well.  Rex just can't control himself, yet he's supposed to be a role model? Sheesh.. you guys are in for some circus atmosphere along with mediocre coaching at best.  Even worse are Rex's assistants, but let's not go there.  

The positive in all this is that it's obvious Rex hasn't learned or evolved from his role when he was the Jets HC.  I liked Rex while he was here but he had his weaknesses and looking at some of his quotes and press conferences it's fair to assume the team will have a lot of the same issues as he did with the Jets, undisciplined, inconsistent, too defensively focused,  and a lack of QB development.

Yeah. Not hearing anybody chirping in Rex's defense. Truth is, Amaro should have stayed out of it and moved forward as well. But Rex is acting like a complete idiot. Is he really that thin-skinned?

If you read or hear the interview with Amaro, you can pretty quickly gather that he was commenting on his first impressions of Bowles. To contrast it with all he's known as a pro so far is normal, casual and not really driving at a grudge or agenda. It was said in a matter-of-fact way. So, there's nothing for him to "stayed out of", because he was talking about what he likes so far in his new coach.

Rex's response is an embarrassment. 

The positive in all this is that it's obvious Rex hasn't learned or evolved from his role when he was the Jets HC.  I liked Rex while he was here but he had his weaknesses and looking at some of his quotes and press conferences it's fair to assume the team will have a lot of the same issues as he did with the Jets, undisciplined, inconsistent, too defensively focused,  and a lack of QB development.

Dcat:  I think Rex will be the first one to admit he has weaknesses.  As I mentioned earilier in this thread,  he probably could have used a different choice of words.  He didn't.  Everyone has a tolerance level and I think the comment (made by Amaro) crossed the line in Rex's opinion.  Time will tell if these problems transpire amongst our team members.  I am not aware of any locker room problems.  Marrone was pretty strict.  If someone skipped out on a meeting, practice, etc.,  I have no doubt they would have been benched.

Larz:  In your opinion,  do you think a cold calculating b provides open communication?  I agree that being friends with your subordinates can be damaging  but I am not so sure moving  in  the opposite direction,  in that a coach is as tough as nails,  works either.  

You are right, you can't be too much of a drill sergeant.  Coughlin had to back off with the Giants

Rex has value as a defensive coach.  he did win games here, and big games at that.

oh, and you will also learn to hate his "open mouth" media policy.  since he is allowed to say whatever pops into his head in front of a microphone, he allows his players to do it as well

the bills will be giving out bulletin board material on a weekly basis

You are right, you can't be too much of a drill sergeant.  Coughlin had to back off with the Giants

Rex has value as a defensive coach.  he did win games here, and big games at that.

oh, and you will also learn to hate his "open mouth" media policy.  since he is allowed to say whatever pops into his head in front of a microphone, he allows his players to do it as well

the bills will be giving out bulletin board material on a weekly basis

I hear you.  We are still in the honeymoon process, not only with a new coach but the new hires and new owners. We haven't been this excited since the Jim Kelly days.     Ticket sales are really up.  There was an article in the paper today saying that our owner is thinking about putting a cap on the season tickets so that there will be tickets available for those who want to attend only a couple of games.  Yet,  we are no different than any other fan in the NFL.  If the team doesn't do well,  you'll hear us complaining.  

Agree, Amaro dropped the ball on this one.

PatsFan:  What's going on with deflate?   Is the NFL going to give BB a slap on the hand or just let this issue die a slow death.  It's hard to believe that their investigation is taking this long.

PatsFan:  What's going on with deflate?   Is the NFL going to give BB a slap on the hand or just let this issue die a slow death.  It's hard to believe that their investigation is taking this long.

Personally, I don't think the investigation has found anything yet to incriminate the Pats.

If they had something, the hammer would have come down hard on the Pats by now.

Archived