Rex Ryan: Amaro will be accountable for his comments

BurnleyJet

Let's see if rex talks sh*t about a veteran rather than a rookie

So now we are up to at least FIVE players who have spoken about lateness / accountability:

Davis

Mangold

Decker

Amaro

Colon

But "poor Rex" is the victim and the organization sabotaged him.  OK

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now we are up to at least FIVE players who have spoken about lateness / accountability:

Davis

Mangold

Decker

Amaro

Colon

Exactly. Like I said on twitter last week when the story hit the web, Rex is a baby who had his feelings hurt and god forbid he ever wins a Super Bowl, I am convinced he would talk about the Jets on the podium. 

Davis

Mangold

Decker

Amaro

Colon

Of course Rex is the victim.  How dare these players honestly answer questions posed to them by the media?  ;)

"That is a flat out lie!  I would have thought better of Willie, he was one of my guys.  I tell ya when we play them we'll see how much he flaps his gums after Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams put him on his ass.  I'm really disappointed that he would say that cause it's a flat out lie."

Exactly. No need for Bowles to join the stupidity.

This exemplifies one of Rex's many weaknesses. While Rex is rolling around in the mud, Bowles does not lower himself and get involved.

The very definition of management is getting results from the efforts of other people. Rex still does not get this. I am sure his juvenile antics have his players brimming with confidence about how things will go once the season starts.

What a friggin' one trick donkey.

Good to hear lateness was an issue among the vets .. They should have policed themselves though, IMO. If it was a Problem among the team leaders, why did it continue? Soneone should have said something after the SD trip. It's all in the past and its nice to see colon say something to try (?) and take the heat off amaro.

The funny thing about pro football players is that most of them still want to be lead by someone. Even HOF players look for leadership. It's kinda funny how football works that way, IMO. The really good, effective coaches find a balance between "dictator" and "players coach" (coughlin? Tomlin? Arians?)

..and then there's the coaches that lean too far in one direction (Rex, harbaugh) that, eventually, wear out their welcome.

Personally I don't think what Amaro said was a big deal, he just answered a question.....but even if he did say something demeaning towards Rex who gives a f**k?

Same with Rex, while he was here I never thought it was a big deal what he said in the media.....what mattered was what happened on the field.....all this talk is irrelevant IMO. What happens behind closed doors and on the field is what counts.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rex loves to give off the impression that he's one of the players, one of the guys.  He's not.  He's a coach and there's a huge difference.

Once players start to come out and question his integrity he can't win.  There are too many players and his record is not strong enough.

Going down this road shows Rex to not be a players coach.  He's actually going after a player in the media and saying he'll have his team do so on the field.

Rex vs. Media...Rex wins because he's a good quote.  Rex vs. players he loses and he also loses his most valuable asset - that he's a players coach.

Rex's approach here is not a winning strategy for him.  Now he's going after players???

Very weak.  He continues to lose credibility...

This exemplifies one of Rex's many weaknesses. While Rex is rolling around in the mud, Bowles does not lower himself and get involved.

The very definition of management is getting results from the efforts of other people. Rex still does not get this. I am sure his juvenile antics have his players brimming with confidence about how things will go once the season starts.

What a friggin' one trick donkey.

Bowles is doing the right thing. Don't get involved in it.

I like that Willie Colon backed up Amaro's comments right after Rex said it would have hurt if they'd come from one of the team leaders.

Exactly.  He was asked a question and he answered it.  It's ridiculous that Amaro is receiving any flack at all over this.  It was Rex's job to create a workplace environment that is conducive of success.  He failed at that, in the area Amaro brought up and in many, many others as well.

Thank you .......... Precisely this....

imagine you walk into a new job.  And your very first day guys are walking around in thongs slapping each others butts, women are drunk at their desks and someone says "what do think about all this" ? And you respond "this place is insane, totally unprofessional".  And the person's response is "you havent been here long enough to make that assessment, you'r just a rookie"

Now wouldn't that response be INSANE!!

Amaro may have been a rookie but he was observant enough to know there was a lack of accountability on the Jets and several vets on the team also agreed so enough is enough with the foolish defenses of Rex and lack of accountability.

imagine you walk into a new job.  And your very first day guys are walking around in thongs slapping each others butts, women are drunk at their desks and someone says "what do think about all this" ? And you respond "this place is insane, totally unprofessional".  And the person's response is "you havent been here long enough to make that assessment, you'r just a rookie"

Amaro may have been a rookie but he was observant enough to know there was a lack of accountability on the Jets and several vets on the team also agreed so enough is enough with the foolish defenses of Rex and lack of accountability.

That's was a bit over the top CB even for you however Tom Shane is now searching the net to get a interview..LOL

imagine you walk into a new job.  And your very first day WOMEN are walking around in thongs slapping each others butts, MEN are drunk at their desks and someone says "what do think about all this" ? And you respond "this place is insane, totally unprofessional".  And the person's response is "you havent been here long enough to make that assessment, you'r just a rookie"

FIXED.  Now it sounds a little like working for  Stratton Oakmont from Wolf of Wall Street  ;-).

imagine you walk into a new job. And your very first day guys are walking around in thongs slapping each others butts, women are drunk at their desks and someone says "what do think about all this" ? And you respond "this place is insane, totally unprofessional". And the person's response is "you havent been here long enough to make that assessment, you'r just a rookie"

Yes, over the top, but good point ... Maybe I'm being hard on amaro. I think his key drops last year annoyed the sh*t out if me....im worried about his hands much more than his mouth I guess.

Yes, over the top, but good point ... Maybe I'm being hard on amaro. I think his key drops last year annoyed the sh*t out if me....im worried about his hands much more than his mouth I guess.

Amaro will be okay; he had the case of the rookie jitters and it got worse after a few drops. He than gathered himself and played pretty well toward the end of the season. 

rex needs to just move on-he sounds like the bitter ex that was dumped -but with that being said Amaro suck s and should keep his mouth shut-he accomplished next to nothing last year-now that he will be held "accountable" this year he better perform

When the schedule comes out, then we'll know.

There's another important issue about players showing up late for meetings, practice, etc.    It is a really kick in the face to Woody Johnson.  The owner is paying these guys millions of dollars and they don't have the common courtesy and respect to abide by simple rules?  

I know the feeling my brother. 

In truth I had such low expectations last year do to the talent on the field that i came to expect lack of adquate performance.

That is definitely a failing of myself and not you.  You clearly have the right mindset and i am moving up to your point of view of this upcoming season!!!

Lets Go Jets!!!!

There's another important issue about players showing up late for meetings, practice, etc.    It is a really kick in the face to Woody Johnson.  The owner is paying these guys millions of dollars and they don't have the common courtesy and respect to abide by simple rules?  

This is the horrifyingly stupid logic that led me to figure out who you were way back when I originally did.

Anyway, I'll play along for sport... It's called chain of command. If Woody pays Rex, and Rex entitles players to be late, then those are the rules. Woody was paying Rex millions of dollars too, and Rex didn't have the common courtesy to focus on improving at his job rather than manipulating for self-preservation. The kicks in Woody's face start and end with Rex, his buddy. Rex saw how much that nerdy millionaire was living vicariously through him, and took advantage of it like a con man. 

I read something from Rex this week about how he never wanted to be the face of the franchise. Really, really disingenuous. From day 1 on the job he made it about the league vs. Rex, not vs. the Jets. 

Rex is perhaps one of the most high-profile cases of Narcissistic Personality Disorder I've ever seen. I'd like to credit the Ravens for seeing this and not entrusting the fate of their franchise to it, but rooting this out is so easily done in a preliminary interview, it's a wonder to me how Tannenbaum/Woody and now the Pegulas could be so, so bad at evaluating such a high-profile hire.

They're both being stupid.  Amaro is a 22 year old rookie who did not have even a good rookie year he should be saying nothing. 

Amaro made the remark that Bowles would hold the team accountable, after a handful of veterans had done the same, and Bowles himself prioritized that message in his introduction to the team.

Amaro was following suit, not being stupid. Rex is just a ******* calamity of insecurity.

This is the horrifyingly stupid logic that led me to figure out who you were way back when I originally did.

Anyway, I'll play along for sport... It's called chain of command. If Woody pays Rex, and Rex entitles players to be late, then those are the rules. Woody was paying Rex millions of dollars too, and Rex didn't have the common courtesy to focus on improving at his job rather than manipulating for self-preservation. The kicks in Woody's face start and end with Rex, his buddy. Rex saw how much that nerdy millionaire was living vicariously through him, and took advantage of it like a con man. 

I read something from Rex this week about how he never wanted to be the face of the franchise. Really, really disingenuous. From day 1 on the job he made it about the league vs. Rex, not vs. the Jets. 

Rex is perhaps one of the most high-profile cases of Narcissistic Personality Disorder I've ever seen. I'd like to credit the Ravens for seeing this and not entrusting the fate of their franchise to it, but rooting this out is so easily done in a preliminary interview, it's a wonder to me how Tannenbaum/Woody and now the Pegulas could be so, so bad at evaluating such a high-profile hire.

Are you kidding me?  When I went to work for a very reputable organization,  I read the policy book and that was it.  I knew the rules and nobody had to tell me to tie my shoes or show up on time.  It's called assuming responsibility.  If Rex allowed this to go on ,  then yes he is at fault too.     But please,  don't overlook the responsibiity of the players who should know better because they are just as irresponsible.

Archived