Harrison: 'Freakish' Williams 'quick' to pick up Jets' D

BurnleyJet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There barely was an Internet in 1999 let alone fan pages that Keyshawn Johnson would even know of. It's ridiculous to say fans "ran Keyshawn out of town." Parcels felt he wasn't worth the money and made a margin call to get picks instead it happens everywhere all the time.

Sorry, I was on forums a lot earlier than 1999. JI had a major redo in the late 90's, wasn't my first board. I'm sure Keyl sure knew all about them, even if you didn't.

As for Parcells he loved Key, his problem was he didn't want a rookie HC - Al Groh -'having to deal with a major distraction.

There barely was an Internet in 1999 let alone fan pages that Keyshawn Johnson would even know of. It's ridiculous to say fans "ran Keyshawn out of town." Parcels felt he wasn't worth the money and made a margin call to get picks instead it happens everywhere all the time.

Fans did not exist before the internet!

The four game suspension is very troublesome because it means he has already been caught several times and could not make himself stop.  There is definitely a Josh Gordon type of risk here.  Next one is a full year, I think.

I also thought that the 4-game suspension meant he was caught several times before, but here:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/07/jets_sheldon_richardson_suspended_four_games_for_v.html

it says:

A four-game suspension from the NFL means a player has previously tested positive once, though a single positive test results in no suspension. A second violation by the player can trigger the four-game suspension, according to the league's policy. And that's what happened in Richardson's case.

I also thought that the 4-game suspension meant he was caught several times before, but here:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/07/jets_sheldon_richardson_suspended_four_games_for_v.html

it says:

A four-game suspension from the NFL means a player has previously tested positive once, though a single positive test results in no suspension. A second violation by the player can trigger the four-game suspension, according to the league's policy. And that's what happened in Richardson's case.

Thanks.  I feel better.

I love MO and Sheldon but if Williams becomes the player that I think he will, MO or Sheldon wont be here in two years,cant keep that many great players and pay them all and Sheldon sounds like he is just too stupid to change his pot habit

It remains to be seen if this will become his downfall. From his comments to this is like a 180 from the guy they drafted...

It remains to be seen if this will become his downfall. From his comments to this is like a 180 from the guy they drafted...

i hope i am wrong love how he plays but if he cant be on the field they ship his a$$ away

Archived