Jets \ Falcons: Preseason Game Thread

Maxman

Now I know you're just talking out your ass, that was reported almost verbatim on Cimini's feed the other day.

I dont know wtf u r eluding to. I dont care sbout cimini I just know thst in general training camps and twitter reports all mentioned his srm strength. Stop assuming or reaching

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Petty's stock inched up tonight.

Not enough to be declared the starter.

But closer to being considered a viable backup.

This is what I'm saying.  If he looks to continue to improve and show the same consistency next week then I'll feel comfortable ditching Flynn after week 4 and rolling with Fitz/Petty until Geno is ready to comeback

So you obviously don't know Parcells. He would never, ever start Petty over Fitz. He was also very famous for benching Simms over Brunner.

He also said rookies cost you wins.

You proved my point. He benched phil simms for brunner. Dont try law school. Stick with plumbing. Its a cash cow

You proved my point. He benched phil simms for brunner. Dont try law school. Stick with plumbing. Its a cash cow

sh*t, you are clueless.  Point is Parcells didn;t always play the best player, Brunner sucked.  Just like Mirer sucked and playing him cost us a playoff spot.  Just like playing Lucas at Detroit probably cost us a playoff spot too.  

You're in over your head...son

Which is exactly what Fitz is.  A viable backup. 

So as of now, given his experience Fitz is the defacto starter.  But if we're 20 minutes into week 3 of preseason and Fitz still hasn't completed a pass beyond 10yds and continues to look like sh!t, why not see what the other viable backup can do? 

Thats all im saying. But with that I added based on the known ability of fitz vs the unknown of petty....if petty lights it up and fitz keeps throwing like fritz the cat.....maybe just maybe petty might win the starting job and maybe just maybe he would deserve it. Jetnut the 72 year old plumber disagrees

So as of now, given his experience Fitz is the defacto starter.  But if we're 20 minutes into week 3 of preseason and Fitz still hasn't completed a pass beyond 10yds and continues to look like sh!t, why not see what the other viable backup can do? 

You do know Chan Gailey's offense involves a lot of short passes right? 

sh*t, you are clueless. Point is Parcells didn;t always play the best player, Brunner sucked. Just like Mirer sucked and playing him cost us a playoff spot. Just like playing Lucas at Detroit probably cost us a playoff spot too.

You're in over your head...son

Thats the best you got? I have two msster degrees and and two propties with zero mortgage. Plus I have hot mexican boytoys. Improve

Ugh, because Petty isn't a viable backup?

And heres a question, whats the point in having a viable backup if you won't play him when the starters out?

Thats all im saying. But with that I added based on the known ability of fitz vs the unknown of petty....if petty lights it up and fitz keeps throwing like fritz the cat.....maybe just maybe petty might win the starting job and maybe just maybe he would deserve it. Jetnut the 72 year old plumber disagrees

Because I'm not stupid enough to believe this 

Ugh, because Petty isn't a viable backup?

And heres a question, whats the point in having a viable backup if you won't play him when the starters out?

A backup is not necessarily the guy you want starting games if possible to avoid.  As I said in another thread, as a starter, Geno > Fitz.  But as a backup, especially in Gailey's system, Fitz is a great backup.  Someone to come in during a game and not lose the game. 

However entering the season with Fitz as the starter, performing as he has been is freakin scary.

A backup is not necessarily the guy you want starting games if possible to avoid. As I said in another thread, as a starter, Geno > Fitz. But as a backup, especially in Gailey's system, Fitz is a great backup. Someone to come in during a game and not lose the game.

However entering the season with Fitz as the starter, performing as he has been is freakin scary.

Agreed. If he can throw those god awful ugly balls and move the chains, im in. Points are points.

But holy crap are those ugly balls. If geno cones back and can elimibate ints then he is worth 100000 fitzpatricks.

In the mean time, all im saying is this petty, IF he shows continued improvement why not consider him. I mean fitz is not goid at all. Even a girlscout could thriw harder.

Agreed. If he can throw those god awful ugly balls and move the chains, im in. Points are points.

But holy crap are those ugly balls. If geno cones back and can elimibate ints then he is worth 100000 fitzpatricks.

In the mean time, all im saying is this petty, IF he shows continued improvement why not consider him. I mean fitz is not goid at all. Even a girlscout could thriw harder.

Yup.  Still Fitz's job to lose.  But if week 3 goes like it did tonight, he should lose the job.

Obviously one of your many Masters degree's isn't in feminism, I'm tired of your sexist, ignorant putdowns

#Likeagirl

Archived