Missed extra points - yay.

thshadow

Who thought that making PATs more difficult is "exciting"?  I don't get it.  I've never seen so many 9-8 and 7-6 scores...

Does anyone think that the fans are paying to see the *kickers*???

How did moving the extra point back to the 33 turn games into 9-8 and 7-6?  3 FGs or a TD and whatever means they only scored on TD or less.  

You think it may be because its preseason?

Who thought that making PATs more difficult is "exciting"?  I don't get it.  I've never seen so many 9-8 and 7-6 scores...

Does anyone think that the fans are paying to see the *kickers*???

the steelers game had a safety and GB went for 2, the 7-6 was probably 2 FG's

I think there have been 2 misses in 30 games or so

They're just trying to make the play worth paying attention to, rather than being the automatic bathroom break it is now. 

I think they also wanted to make the 2 point conversion more of an option other than when its a must have

Something needed to be done, the PAT was a non-football play and there shouldn't be any place in the game for non-football plays.  While it might not be the answer, I think it was a decent step in the right direction. 

+1.  I cannot think of another play in any sport that was more automatic than the PAT.  It was boring, irrelevant and an utter waste of time.   Now it is important. Mission accomplished.

+1.  I cannot think of another play in any sport that was more automatic than the PAT.  It was boring, irrelevant and an utter waste of time.   Now it is important. Mission accomplished.

I can't think of a reason anyone would complain they turned an automatic pointless and useless play into a play that now can and will cost teams a win

I can't think of a reason anyone would complain they turned an automatic pointless and useless play into a play that now can and will cost teams a win

So you think there should be more importance placed on the kicker?

I think they should have made it literally automatic - no kick required.  Or you can take the point off the board and go for 2.

This isn't soccer.  The less kicking, the better.

So you think there should be more importance placed on the kicker?

I think they should have made it literally automatic - no kick required.  Or you can take the point off the board and go for 2.

This isn't soccer.  The less kicking, the better.

Yeah, why would they want someone to kick the ball in a sport named FOOTball.  :D

Whats the issue, theyre making a useless and unimportant play important.  Why wouldn't you want it, whats the downside other than you don't get it

How did moving the extra point back to the 33 turn games into 9-8 and 7-6?  3 FGs or a TD and whatever means they only scored on TD or less.  

You think it may be because its preseason?

everybody knows preseason is real football. Ask the 2008 Lions that's went undefeated in preseason. 

Archived