England definitely wants a permanent team in the NFL

faba

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They HAD their chance with the World League & the London Monarchs. They blew their opportunity in the early 90's.

what they SHOULD do is have an English fan online vote in which they get to select ONE (1) current NFL team and that team would then officially represent both it's native city and adopted British sons. Team plays 2 games abroad and native city gets charged 2 less games & 5000 STH get lottery to be charted BY TEAM to London games.

One has nothing to do with the other. Why would locals care about NFL Europe knowing it's a 3rd rate league. It was a worse league than the MLS is to soccer here.

Na, I dont think its as terrible as you're making it out to be. For fans it will be great. Football will LITERALLY be all day Sunday starting at 9:30am. Visiting teams will have to make one trip over the pond a year. That's no big deal. Even with the London's team away games you can always create a friendly schedule giving them back to back games in their division every year (away games) as well as setting up 1 three game away game schedule. There will be one month per season that their fans will only have 1 home game but they will have one month where they team has 3 home games. And I dont think the England fans will ever mind, they currently have no home football team. 

It's most definitely doable and football Sunday's will start 4 hours earlier. I dont see a thing wrong with that as a fan. 

You completely neglect these guys have families. Who wants to go live in London? FA's would not sign with a London team all things being equal, so London would have to overpay for player. Conceivably, draft picks could hold out on them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the thinking is they would have their home facilities in Hartford I think, and only fly to London for games, and NFL would set up schedule to make sure travel is not an issue.

So, you really never actually play a game at home.   That's tough on a team

A NFL franchise in Europe is an awful idea, but with Goodell in charge I wouldn't rule it out.

When will folks quit saying 'Goodell' LOL

Goodell is a paid employee of the 32 owners and does whatever they want and desire. 

It's the 32 owners who decide what happens and they use Goodell as mouthpiece....smh

Archived