Peyton is the only Superbowl Winning QB To Win...

TuscanyTile2

He's been to the playoffs 15 times.  Law of averages suggests he should have won at least 3 or 4 Super Bowls by now.  Not every great QB gets to play for Bill Walsh or Belichick.  Sometimes you're Dan Marino.  I'm fine with Peyton getting "carried" to a Super Bowl this time around.  He earned it.  And you could tell by the way his teammates AND opponents talk about him how much they respect him and were happy for him to get this ring. 

No one will hold it against him decades from now that the Broncos didn't even eclipse 200 yards of offense in this game.  All they'll remember is that Peyton Manning was the greatest QB of our generation and 2-time champion.  And the ONLY one to do it with 2 different franchises.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely agreed.

Peyton is obviously an all time great but he hasn't come through in big games very often.  I find it interesting that in both of his SB wins his D allowed just 10 pts in each game and also scored a TD.  a QB like that shouldn't need an all world D(or all world D performance) but throughout his career the only way he won was when his D played amazing.

2006 postseason Indy D allowed 12.8 PPG

2015 postseason den D allowed 14.7 PPG

2 amazing runs by his defenses.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Peyton is obviously an all time great but he hasn't come through in big games very often.  I find it interesting that in both of his SB wins his D allowed just 10 pts in each game and also scored a TD.  a QB like that shouldn't need an all world D(or all world D performance) but throughout his career the only way he won was when his D played amazing.

2006 postseason Indy D allowed 12.8 PPG

2015 postseason den D allowed 14.7 PPG

2 amazing runs by his defenses.

Completely agree on all points.

6 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

First starting QB to win the Superbowl with two different teams

not sure if any of the backup QB's have done it

We did this last night, Jim McMahon, Jeff Rutledge and Earl Morral.

Craziest part to me is that Manning took 4 different Head Coaches to the SB. 

Warner took 3.  

Threads like this and the Cam Newton one convince me we will never, ever get a top tier QB on the Jets in my lifetime. Cam has an MVP season, struggles against an amazing DEN defense and he's overrated. Manning has been one of the greatest of all time and people are blasting him for a subpar year at 38 after like 4 spinal surgeries that would leave most of you hurting just to wake up. Aaron Rodgers played like crap most of the end of the season, totally overrated amirite? Maybe we can trade for him, but nothing more than like a conditional 3rd or 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He probably is getting paid a couple million per year for the rest of his life for having said that.  Disgusting, but it is what it is....

bud is very cheap now.  they came out and said specifically they didn't pay him for it.

he's mentioned drinking buds after a game before on tv.  

29 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Threads like this and the Cam Newton one convince me we will never, ever get a top tier QB on the Jets in my lifetime. Cam has an MVP season, struggles against an amazing DEN defense and he's overrated. Manning has been one of the greatest of all time and people are blasting him for a subpar year at 38 after like 4 spinal surgeries that would leave most of you hurting just to wake up. Aaron Rodgers played like crap most of the end of the season, totally overrated amirite? Maybe we can trade for him, but nothing more than like a conditional 3rd or 4th.

Yes, because some idiots on a message board think Cam is overrated, the front office in charge reads this and goes "Well sh*t, maybe we don't need a QB after all!"

Just now, batman10023 said:

bud is very cheap now.  they came out and said specifically they didn't pay him for it.

he's mentioned drinking buds after a game before on tv.  

That's bizarre if true.  Who lists Budweiser 3rd in line after saying you want to kiss your wife and hug your family?

2 hours ago, JiF said:

We did this last night, Jim McMahon, Jeff Rutledge and Earl Morral.

Craziest part to me is that Manning took 4 different Head Coaches to the SB. 

Warner took 3.  

I wouldn't say he took any of them especially this one.

Yes, because some idiots on a message board think Cam is overrated, the front office in charge reads this and goes "Well sh*t, maybe we don't need a QB after all!"

No, I'm just convince we'll run any potential franchise QB before he ever reaches his potential. Seriously, half this board would be calling for us to replace Cam Newton right now on the spot and booing the sh*t out of him opening day next year.

Archived