Why is David Wright batting 2nd let alone playing?

Jetsrin

Leading the team in K's and his average is low for sure, but he has the highest OBP on the team right now. Leads the team in walks by a pretty crazy margin, like double almost everyone on the team.

I personally like Asdrubal in the 2-hole more, but it's hard to fault Collins for hitting a guy 2nd that has a .375 OBP, much less the captain of the team. Bottom line is you want your 2-hitter to get on base. Doesn't really matter how. Wright gets on base.

On 5/14/2016 at 2:21 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I personally like Asdrubal in the 2-hole more, but it's hard to fault Collins for hitting a guy 2nd that has a .375 OBP, much less the captain of the team. Bottom line is you want your 2-hitter to get on base. Doesn't really matter how. Wright gets on base.

MoneyballTrailer02.jpg

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Wrights body fell apart from too much steroids

Straight out of the "Idiot's Guide to Baseball" response- If there is a player on a team that I do not like, just shout "steroids, steroids, steroids!" loud enough, and I will seem like I know baseball.

17 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Wrights body fell apart from too much steroids

Seriously? A YANKEES fan talking about steroids?? If not for steroids the Yankees would have 5 less championships, nobody has benefited more from steroids than the Yankees, can't make this stupidity up.

Part of it is Terry trying to get Wright going. We're a better team if Wright can get it together...somewhat. The OBP is good.

I'll take the HR, but, Wright has to dig in and start going up the middle and the other way, and making contact. If he doesn't do that, reinvent himself that way, imo his career will end sooner than he hopes. 

16 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Seriously? A YANKEES fan talking about steroids?? If not for steroids the Yankees would have 5 less championships, nobody has benefited more from steroids than the Yankees, can't make this stupidity up.

Jeter and Mariano. Huge Roid Heads, lol.

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My cycloptic colleague does have a point. A Yankee fan throwing around steroid claims is a bit cunty, though it's from one of the biggest trolls in the entire forum so I'm not sure what you guys are up in arms about. This is his schtick.

Yep. I don't get him at all.  He's like a dumber version of Patsfantx.

• 3 weeks later...
On May 24, 2016 at 4:56 PM, BowlesMovement said:

Your boys Wright and Piazza are frauds who did steroids

On May 24, 2016 at 5:18 PM, BowlesMovement said:

I firmly believe both of them were, and there is good reason to believe it too. But this was started by a Yankee fan talking about Wright, not the other way around.

Obviously Mariano's body broke down at the young age Wright's did.  Clearly a roider 

Archived