Sanchez/Geno stat that sadly comes as no surprise

AFJF

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Fitz' stats while not good were absolutely fantastic compared to the QBs we've been trotting out. If you actually watched the games instead of reading the stats you would see that Fitz was not nearly as inconsistant as them either. It's far better to be average most of the time then very good in spurts then melt down at some point almost every game. 

Fitz has barely passable physical traits, and decent decision making. He also has off the charts pre snap diagnoses, and interpersonal skills. This makes him a mid level QB with no upside, but also a stabilizing figure. Most years that is good enough to be a starter on some team without a stud prospect, or an established vet. He has also slowly gotten more crafty over the years. 

This is why he moves from team to team when they want to develop a "franchise" guy. It's why he will most likely move on next year, but he will find somewhere to start again.

Sanchez, and Geno will most likely not start anywhere next year. The main reason is that no one feels comfortable with them and their insecurities are infectious. You can see the transformation of the entire team when they step on to the field. 

I'd like to know how you can prove this one. Are you privy to the helemt communication(s) like the Patriots.

15 hours ago, cant wait said:

Jamarcus Russell and geno smith... It's laughable that an "NFL writer" would be pushing this as some kind of astute observation given the fact that neither player has a significant volume of pass attempts. but it is surprising that such a hardcore fitz lover would be talking about interception percentage given that Rex grossman/derek anderson/mark sanchez are the only veteran players with a worse rating. but whatever suits your shallow agenda I guess

Fitz isn't the future, but Geno likely has no future. Deal with it.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sam Bradford would have been a better example, since at least Smith made the best of opportunity # 2, when he got to play under Harbaugh.  The Bradford experiment has failed time and again, yet regime after regime keeps giving him chances.

# 1 overall pick QB's tend to get some special treatment.  But outside a few exceptions, my statement was true.

I would not be surprised if Bradford has a good year this year, assuming he stays healthy.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fitz isn't the future, but Geno likely has no future. Deal with it.

deal with what? I agree with your statement. But I'm not stupid enough to believe that cimini's "analysis" as presented here is anything more than agenda driven clickbait 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'd like to know how you can prove this one. Are you privy to the helemt communication(s) like the Patriots.

What in the world do helmet communications have to do with pre snap reads. 

I can see that he's almost always right with his protections, and about where to go with his first read. 

Just saw this tweet on ESPN/Cimini re-tweet.

The Broncos presumably are not surprised by Mark Sanchez this summer. Only JaMarcus Russell and Geno Smith have higher INT rates out 45 qualifying QBs since 2009. Only Rex Grossman, John Skelton and Kerry Collins have worse turnover-to-snaps ratios than Sanchez since Sanchez entered the league (min. 1000 snaps).

If the Broncos are so sure what they have with Sanchez than why did they sign him? I say FU, Elway you made a bad signing and ca!n't handle it.

12 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

If the Broncos are so sure what they have with Sanchez than why did they sign him? I say FU, Elway you made a bad signing and ca!n't handle it.

Sanchez would be a solid back up and that's what they brought him in to be.  As soon as they acquired him they told him he would not be the last QB the acquired.  They followed that up by wining and dining Kape for a couple months trying to get him in there to start but it didn't work out.  Elway didn't get Sanchez to start, he just ended up with him as one of his options when his plan "B" fell through.  Giving all the other QB's on the roster a shot to beat him out though.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

The sample size is one thing, the other is its just stupid.

4 years into his career, Mark Sanchez was throwing more INT's than TD's.  3 years into his career, Russell was still throwing more INT's than TD's.

Geno in his 2nd year, didnt throw more INT's than TD's.  Last year, in his one game, he was 2:1.  

And whether you think Geno stinks or not, his rookie season he played on the worst offense I've legit ever seen in my entire life.  I think most of us can agree on that.

Put it this way, if Troy Aikman started playing in 2009, he'd been in the lead for this conversation.

It took Ryan Fitzpatrick 6 years to throw more TD's than INT's.

It's a stupid irrelevant stat. 

Sanchez, Russell and Smith stink but this stat is stupid. 

Or what if Aikman just played when he did? His rookie season, 6.1% INT percentage. Second season 4.5%. First 2 years average = 5.2%.

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or what if Aikman just played when he did? His rookie season, 6.1% INT percentage. Second season 4.5%. First 2 years average = 5.2%.

Well yeah, I'm just saying that data starting point was 2009.  So if Aikman had been a rookie then, he'd be in the lead from this group.

Which goes back to me saying this is stupid and irrelevant stat. 

16 hours ago, cant wait said:

If he does, where do you see him going? SF/cleveland/jets & possibly denver will all be looking to add a QB 

Assuming he leaves because Wentz progresses enough, could be any of those teams, although Denver as  destination would depend on Lynch sucking.  Which probably won't happen.  And if Hackenberg is as awful as some think, it is not impossible he could end up on the Jets, assuming again that he has a good year with the Eagles.

And maybe some other team as well depending on what happens to starting Qb's around the league between now and next off season.  But yeah, right now SF and the Browns would top the list.

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

Assuming he leaves because Wentz progresses enough, could be any of those teams, although Denver as  destination would depend on Lynch sucking.  Which probably won't happen.  And if Hackenberg is as awful as some think, it is not impossible he could end up on the Jets, assuming again that he has a good year with the Eagles.

And maybe some other team as well depending on what happens to starting Qb's around the league between now and next off season.  But yeah, right now SF and the Browns would top the list.

That's what I was thinking too.... but its also likely a QB goes early to one of these teams in the draft as well. I just can't shake the feeling that the jets are going to end up as the likely destination in this scenario, although like you said that's entirely contingent on Bradford staying healthy for a full year which is no sure thing by any means

2 hours ago, cant wait said:

That's what I was thinking too.... but its also likely a QB goes early to one of these teams in the draft as well. I just can't shake the feeling that the jets are going to end up as the likely destination in this scenario, although like you said that's entirely contingent on Bradford staying healthy for a full year which is no sure thing by any means

No sure thing, but at this point more likely than not.  The real question is how good will Bradford be playing for the Eagles.  I intend to take a more than usual interest in that situation given the concededly small but not insignificant chance he ends up on the Jets.

Archived