JetNation FanDuel League is back...

Maxman

Hi everyone, just want to say thanks to everyone who played last year. And thanks also to those that are going to play this year. We will have a league every week and our league for week one is ready to join.

We got a lot of feedback about how to keep this to a JetNation only league. I gave that info to FanDuel and they suggested a 50\50 league to start. We can certainly change this is week two and beyond. So please feel free to provide constructive feedback. For week one it is $5 to join and the top 90 places double their money.

Like I said for future weeks we can modify this as needed to bigger prize spots for the first few winners. For now though we wanted to get this back on track as a JetNation only league and not have it appear int he FanDuel lobby.

https://www.fanduel.com/JetNation

Thanks!

If you are looking for feedback, I would vote to go back to a tournament format we had if possible. While its fun to play weekly, its just not as interesting as a 5 dollar double up.  I logged in ready to enter 5 or 6 teams, before realizing it had changed. Ill prob just add one team for fun this week...just not the same without a chance to win a decent payout.   Thanks again for setting it up though Max!

Thank you for contacting them again this year but respectfully want to point a couple things out. I just noticed you can only enter twice which is terrible.  So you can put down a max of $10 to hope for a $10 return.  That's not fun or particularly interesting.

I know no one is forcing me to play and I hate to sound unappreciative but this is a wayyyyyy worse format than last year.

$10 buy ins and max of 10-15 teams was a blast.

Thanks guys. We can definitely change it up next week. FanDuel ran some options by me, I stressed that having a league for just us was what we heard a lot (not appearing in the lobby).

But we can do something were the first 5 spots get more money. A similar format to what we did last year. Just get through week one, and we will change it for week two if that is what everyone wants. Thans!

I think people didn't like the games opened up to the general public, but loved the format.

There are going to be a handful of players who don't post here but know about the league and play a lot of teams.  Fact is we kind of need them to play.  What everyone hated was when it started opening up to EVERYONE which is when the FD "pros" would just throw 10 of their teams on there they had spent all week researching.

For the record I think it was $10 entries, 15-20 max teams, and I'll paste the payouts from one of our tourney's last year:

• 1st
    $450
  • 2nd
    $325
  • 3rd
    $250
  • 4th
    $175
  • 5th
    $150
  • 6th - 7th
    $125
  • 8th - 9th
    $100
  • 10th - 13th
    $75
  • 14th - 16th
    $50
  • 17th - 20th
    $45
  • 21st - 25th
    $40
  • 26th - 30th
    $35
  • 31st - 35th
    $30
  • 36th - 50th
    $25
  • 51st - 100th
    $20

What if we format something where it's 10 dollars a team, max 2 teams, and hopefully we will get 50 members a week to sign up.  

This would be $1000 dollars in prize money which can be allotted to however many winners you want to set it to and whatever cut that Fanduel takes.

I would much rather lose and bitch about my JetNation brothers than some random dude that joined because we went public.;)

Im not a fan of the 2 entry limit. That would just limit the ability for us to fill it up within JN since it may be tough to get 50 people to commit every week.  I think 10 is fine, or at least a min of 5 entries with the tournament payouts would be ideal.  The only issue we had with the 10 entry max was when we were really short and the FD pros loaded up 10 teams. But those were also weeks where we had a higher number of entries to fill.....I dont think we had many problems filling most of a 200 entry contest. 

I got no business playing fanduel or draftking. So please don't neg rep me for chiming in. Just my two cents. Why don't you make a private sub forum on JN that only members who are on the board for the past 6 months with minimum post count of 100 can see and write?

Provide the league link over there and make sure this is a JN private league that way? If this happens, I don't mind spending $10 a week to enjoy this game with people on the board. Let my money go to somebody on this board instead of a shark. 

9 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I got no business playing fanduel or draftking. So please don't neg rep me for chiming in. Just my two cents. Why don't you make a private sub forum on JN that only members who are on the board for the past 6 months with minimum post count of 100 can see and write?

Provide the league link over there and make sure this is a JN private league that way? If this happens, I don't mind spending $10 a week to enjoy this game with people on the board. Let my money go to somebody on this board instead of a shark. 

There wouldn't be enough participation to make it exciting. Would be a 4 man circle jerk.  Guys like TomShane and Integrity are used to those kinds of parties but the rest of us want more teams which = more money to win.

42 minutes ago, Pac said:

There wouldn't be enough participation to make it exciting. Would be a 4 man circle jerk.  Guys like TomShane and Integrity are used to those kinds of parties but the rest of us want more teams which = more money to win.

A good tug doesn't usually cost me $10 though

On 9/6/2016 at 2:41 PM, Maxman said:

Hi everyone, just want to say thanks to everyone who played last year. And thanks also to those that are going to play this year. We will have a league every week and our league for week one is ready to join.

We got a lot of feedback about how to keep this to a JetNation only league. I gave that info to FanDuel and they suggested a 50\50 league to start. We can certainly change this is week two and beyond. So please feel free to provide constructive feedback. For week one it is $5 to join and the top 90 places double their money.

Like I said for future weeks we can modify this as needed to bigger prize spots for the first few winners. For now though we wanted to get this back on track as a JetNation only league and not have it appear int he FanDuel lobby.

https://www.fanduel.com/JetNation

Thanks!

Pin this dude!

50/50 isn't for "beginners", it's just a different game format. It's more like going to Atlantic City and playing the blackjack, versus playing craps. There's not huge jackpot in 50/50, but in each bet you make, you can at least win back your wager - like blackjack. It's about the type of gambling you prefer. 

Some of the "pros" like the format because they'll use their data to form a couple dominant lineups, then enter in volume to pull the majority of cash out of each 50/50 pool.

They might enter $50 worth of lineups, to double it. That, in volume, is a healthy model especially if they do it in vast volume. That's why if you read the new branding and rules of Fanduel, there's a lot of emphasis put on limiting entries now.

7 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

50/50's are more for "beginners" if I'm not mistaken, which isn't a bad idea for week 1 for new players to fanduel to get their feet wet so to speak. But beyond week 1 I think it would be better to go back to last years format. Thanks for setting it up @Maxman

that is how FanDuel pitched it to me.

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

50/50 isn't for "beginners", it's just a different game format. It's more like going to Atlantic City and playing the blackjack, versus playing craps. There's not huge jackpot in 50/50, but in each bet you make, you can at least win back your wager - like blackjack. It's about the type of gambling you prefer. 

Some of the "pros" like the format because they'll use their data to form a couple dominant lineups, then enter in volume to pull the majority of cash out of each 50/50 pool.

They might enter $50 worth of lineups, to double it. That, in volume, is a healthy model especially if they do it in vast volume. That's why if you read the new branding and rules of Fanduel, there's a lot of emphasis put on limiting entries now.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

that is how FanDuel pitched it to me.

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Marketing and sales pitch isn't always reality. My post is based on unbiased, non-sales articles I read last year about how pros use daily fantasy.

I will be honest, I really don't know. He said 50 \ 50 is the way to go for a beginners league. I didn't realize that it meant no prize money for the top spots until right before i posted the link.

I called them to confirm that we can change it for week 2 if needed, which we can.

Max,

I know its late, but is there any way to get rid of the 2 entry limit for this week? I think it would help us get a lot more entries and also give people the chance at winning more money until we can get back to the old format? 

2 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

Max,

I know its late, but is there any way to get rid of the 2 entry limit for this week? I think it would help us get a lot more entries and also give people the chance at winning more money until we can get back to the old format? 

I definitely can't get it changed for this week. But I am going to give them all the feedback for the league next week.  Thanks!

On 9/8/2016 at 2:22 PM, Integrity28 said:

Honestly i feel like beginners and those who don't know much about fantasy have a foot up on most weeks. Almost always I look at the winning teams and i think to myself how can this idiot have thought that this bunch of idiots he put together were possibly going to do good this week.

8 hours ago, Pac said:

so they opened it up to everyone again..  not sure why they're lying to you??

I just checked and saw that. He specifically told me several times they wouldn't do that. I will talk to them this week and I am really thinking we should just bag the league. I am really disappointed that they did this.

8 hours ago, Pac said:

so they opened it up to everyone again..  not sure why they're lying to you??

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just checked and saw that. He specifically told me several times they wouldn't do that. I will talk to them this week and I am really thinking we should just bag the league. I am really disappointed that they did this.

I noticed too.

I think it would be great if we just got a group of guys here and organized our own "friends" format game to play each week. Then, we control who enters, and we don't have to worry about any misleading from Fanduel. I'd be happy to help coordinate this. Obviously the pot isn't going to be as big, but it'll be fun amongst a trusted group from JN.

I didn't realistically think we could keep getting $500+ tourneys that didn't fill, and everyone got guaranteed money out of them. LOL

Archived