The Current Situation Started On January 18th 2000

SoFlaJets

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

The same woody Johnson who hired a team of professionals to guide him into setting the team in the right direction last season?

Yep that one.  He hired people who had no investment in the future of the Jets and didn't care about the end result, so that he could take no blame if/when it ultimately failed. 

And remember, they were picking from a crop of GM/HC combos AVAILABLE, not necessarily the best men for the job.  After the way John Idzik's tenure went down, it was hard to imagine topflight candidates wanting to work for Woody if other jobs were available. 

Woody is awful, and the common denominator behind our inability to find a franchise QB.  And I didn't even START on how little he actually cares about the fans, which has been indicated by every action he's taken as an owner.  The gameday experience is terrible at MetLife and only caters to his fellow rich cronies.  And if I'm not mistaken, Jets tickets are still the most expensive in the NFL, even moreso than Giants tickets. 

17 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

When Woody Johnson was awarded ownership with his winning bid of 635 million beating out James Dolan by 3 million. This is all because the Jets are owned by a man who has an NFL team like a child has a new toy. 

I thought it started back when Namath made that guarantee and fulfilled it...basically sacrificing this franchise entire future in order to win the most important SB in history. 

Haven't had a QB ever since. 

up until about 2012 we were one of the better teams in the AFC under Woody, we are going through a roiugh stretch which started w/ the Tannenbaum mistake.  it appears now we have a good GM, hopefully Bowles develops into a good HC and hopefully one of the young QBs develops into good starting QB.

The Jets have been to the playoffs 6 times under Woody I believe. He's been far from a bad owner. The Jets just haven't built long term success. That's the biggest problem. They have had success though. Lots of teams can't say they've done what the Jets have done since Woody took over. As little as it may be.

How would you like to be the Dolphins, Lions, Bills, Browns, etc from 2000 on?

Talking about the owner is dumb. It's irrelevant. Everyone falls into the trap of complaining about ownership from time to time but it's a waste of time to complain when you think about it. The Jets are Woody Johnsons' team, not yours. And since he isn't going anywhere there is no point in complaining about him. You don't like it? Stop watching his team. Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Roseanne Barr is much better looking than Rosie O'Donnell, I don't want to bone either of them. Just sayin.

I would say we have been more like Sarah Jessica Parker, we looked good in certain light.  while pre woody we were more like Rosie or Roseanne

Archived