GM Mike Maccagnan speaking to media shortly -- his annual session before NFL meetings (next week).

C Mart

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏ @DWAZ73 

Maccagnan asked about Kaepernick, says #Jets "vetted all quarterbacks," thought McCown was best fit.

Ralph Vacchiano‏ @RVacchianoSNY 

Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on new QB Josh McCown: "We still think he has the ability to play and perform from a talent standpoint."

New York Jets‏ @nyjets

GM Mike Maccagnan to media: “He’s a very good veteran from a character and leadership standpoint. We think he has the ability to perform.”

On adding another veteran QB this offseason: "It would be highly unlikely."

On Claiborne: "When he's played, he’s played at a very high level & he fits in a schematic standpoint with us…We felt good about the risk."

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  

Maccagnan said "ideally" most #NFL teams would prefer to keep 3 QBs, but "if there's a player worthy of that pick .... we'll do that."

Maccagnan said McCown understood the situation #Jets have w/ two young QBs "who we drafted and like their upside."

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏ @DWAZ73 

Maccagnan declines to say whether #Jets will pick up Calvin Pryor's 5th-year contract option.

Maccagnan says #Jets are ideally looking to get more picks in this year's draft.

Kimberley A. Martin‏ @KMart_LI 

Maccagnan said #Jets "feel good" about having No. 6 pick, but ideally still looking to acquire more picks

Maccagnan: "Hopefully you guys can keep advertising that for me -- nah, I'm just joking." #jets

Q. : Would drafting a QB be a referendum on Christian Hackenberg?

Macc: Leo was BPA available but didn't c him as a referendum on other guys

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Bowles should be fired for insisting on a vet starter, and Macc should also be on the scrap heap for giving it to him.

That's why I'm laughing at the Suck for Sam talk.  Todd Bowles is going to win as many games as he can.  This isnt a tank job.  They think they can win with McCown.

Just now, JiF said:

That's why I'm laughing at the Suck for Sam talk.  Todd Bowles is going to win as many games as he can.  This isnt a tank job.  They think they can win with McCown.

I mostly say suck for same in jest, BUT the Jets need to find out wtf they have with their 2 young QB's now, and that will either produce a good young QB, or set us up to take a good young QB next draft, either outcome is the only 2 outcomes that should come from this upcoming season.  Play to win, but do it with your 2 young QB's.

Archived