CB Jeremy Clark ~ ~ ~

kelly

8 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

He looked very slow on those tapes, hope he's not.

he looked slow because..  he is slow  :(  that's why he lasted to the 6th round.

Yeah he looked slow breaking up all those passes and getting INTs 25 yards downfield 

I know he's no Deon Sanders, but come on, how can anyone watch those few highlight snippets and say "he looks slow"?  How can that possibly be the 1st thing that comes to your mind to post on a message board?

DAMN...I MEAN JUST DAMN PEOPLE 

He has his issues, but in the 6th, we're picking based on potential and he does have it.  I watched a bit of the Florida/Michigan game from 2015, and he looks OK, but not great.  There was one pass in the air on the first drive, where it was an interception waiting to happen, and he mimicked Stephen Hill by backing up and getting the ball to drop to him (which allowed the receiver to jump back and try to catch the ball- he dropped it).  And then a throw in the end zone where he had decent positioning but didn't look back at the ball, could have been a borderline PI call.  

I doubt he's making starts this year, but he as the size to play press coverage, remains to be seen how fast he is after the ACL.  Reportedly, he had 4.4 speed prior to the injury so it'll be interesting to see how the team tries to coach him up.

FWIW, I think he is as fast as Sherman.  Seattle is in love with length at CB and drafts (always late) based on wingspan.  They have some other minimal numbers to reach in some other categories.  They supposedly have some mechanized coaching method, but interestingly, their DB coaches seem to change and are not in high demand.  I guess Carroll handles much of it himself.  I'd be interested to know what anybody else's thoughts about them are.  You will notice that some of the DBs the Jets have had in during the Maccagnan era came from Seattle (Ronald Martin and Dion Bailey) 

23 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Yeah he looked slow breaking up all those passes and getting INTs 25 yards downfield 

I know he's no Deon Sanders, but come on, how can anyone watch those few highlight snippets and say "he looks slow"?  How can that possibly be the 1st thing that comes to your mind to post on a message board?

DAMN...I MEAN JUST DAMN PEOPLE 

Sorry man, didn't mean to offend anybody, it was the first time I watch any of his highlights or tape. Hopefully he can develop into a good press corner and help us win some games.

On 5/19/2017 at 0:31 PM, kelly said:

he looked slow because..  he is slow  :(  that's why he lasted to the 6th round.

He lasted until the 6th because he's coming off an ACL. That doesn't mean he'll be "slow" when fully healthy. 

Archived