If Albert Haynsworth is indeed released...

As per ESPN today that he may be released in the next 10 days to clear the waivers, is the order of how a team can pick him up the draft order of the previous season? Therefore, the only 2 teams before us would be Houston & New Orleans, in which case we could pick him up. Am I right in that is how it goes or is it just a free for all as if he were a free agent in the offseason?

As per ESPN today that he may be released in the next 10 days to clear the waivers, is the order of how a team can pick him up the draft order of the previous season? Therefore, the only 2 teams before us would be Houston & New Orleans, in which case we could pick him up. Am I right in that is how it goes or is it just a free for all as if he were a free agent in the offseason?

I am not sure but I think the waiver list is based on previous week. You know power rank...

Mangini will in no way go for a guy with as questionable ethics as this guy, as good a player he may be, he is a cancer and Mangini would not bring a guy like that in to his team.
you know being a bad guy and being a cancer don't have to come hand in hand...

Has he ever had any other incidents like this before? If this was the first time, then I'd hope Mangini gives him a look. They'd probably have to have a serious talk with him before though. And he would be on a short leash behavior-wise.

Has he ever had any other incidents like this before? If this was the first time, then I'd hope Mangini gives him a look. They'd probably have to have a serious talk with him before though. And he would be on a short leash behavior-wise.

No he has had other incidents, the guy is a hot head with an attitude problem.

Only a team as sorry as the Jets would be desperate enough to want this punk.

Actually, plenty of teams would want a young 6'6, 330 pound lineman as long as the HC thought he could control his actions. Especially after anger management, he deserves another chance.

This could be a turning point in his career.

He could give us some great play if he comes out ready to make ammends by being a dominant force on the field legally. He's never been consistent in his career though, remember that.

I'm not sure he's the answer to the 3-4 NT either. Again, we might be better off pairing him with Drob or Moore and playing 4-3.

A Dline of Ellis - Haynesworth - Moore/Drob - Thomas

Vilma would roam around like he did in his rookie year, maybe even better.

This could be a turning point in his career.

He could give us some great play if he comes out ready to make ammends by being a dominant force on the field legally. He's never been consistent in his career though, remember that.

I'm not sure he's the answer to the 3-4 NT either. Again, we might be better off pairing him with Drob or Moore and playing 4-3.

A Dline of Ellis - Haynesworth - Moore/Drob - Thomas

Vilma would roam around like he did in his rookie year, maybe even better.

We're not going back to the 4-3, don't waste your fingers / breath.

you know being a bad guy and being a cancer don't have to come hand in hand...

Well, PacMan likes him... I'm sure his contract has a escape clause in it already. Most of these contracts have a clause that they can escape for criminal behavior, etc., I'll bet the Titans go after him for some of his signing bonus based on that. This guy has had several other incidents in college and the pros. He's not going to be an instant savior at DT, but we have been getting pushed around. I'd give him a shot.

now hold on...let's think this through...what if he head stomps robertson? would that actually justify bringing him in? this is actually a very tough call.

If he promised to head stomp Robertson I'd pay for the plane to pick him up myself. Robertson could use a few headstomps to knock some sense into him.

Archived