New England Patriots 2010 Excuses Thread

Jetsfan80

Yea, yea, yea Kleck.

You guys have been saying the exact same thing for the last 10 years.

Until the Jets actually win an outright AFCE title (something they haven't been able to accomplish since 1998), it's still the Pats division.

Games are won and lost on the football field beginning each September, not on little notepads during the off-season.

Let's see how things play out this season.

BTW, love the classic TX move of cherry picking my post because you can't respond to the rest of it because you know its true and you have no comeback.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe because the last time the Pats played a meaningful game they got absolutely destroyed in every aspect of the game and were exposed as an aging team with a bleak future with an egomaniac running the operation who drafts almost as poorly as Rich Kotite and they did little to improve in the offseason and Logan Mankins won't be playing because Belichick is a jackass in addition to be an egomaniac and might get his soon-to-be $78 million killed because he is going to try to replace the best LG in football with crap because he doesn't want to pay him a fraction of what he will be paying his 32-year-old QB who hasn't won a Super Bowl since he signed his last contract more than half a decade ago?

Could that be it?

The window isn't closing Mike. It's closed.

Do you mean destroyed like in the 2009 AFC Championship game? The Jets couldnt stop the Indy pass, couldnt run the ball, Sanchez couldnt complete a pass (Sorta like this pre season)

Total collapse in every sense.

Yea, yea, yea Kleck.

You guys have been saying the exact same thing for the last 10 years.

Until the Jets actually win an outright AFCE title (something they haven't been able to accomplish since 1998), it's still the Pats division.

Games are won and lost on the football field beginning each September, not on little notepads during the off-season.

Let's see how things play out this season.

Oh yeah

Actually, I have only been on Jets message boards since early 2005 and I have been saying the Pats were done winning Super Bowls since day one and guess what, I've been right!!!

What happened to you? You used to be all about winning championships. You used to be so fond of saying that Super Bowls were all that mattered. Now you are hanging your hat on your one-game division win and a one and done in the playoffs? In the words of that assclown Cris Carter - C'MON MAN!

Yeah, you knew the Giants would pull it off at the end there :rolleyes:

Do you mean destroyed like in the 2009 AFC Championship game? The Jets couldnt stop the Indy pass, couldnt run the ball, Sanchez couldnt complete a pass (Sorta like this pre season)

30-17 on the road against the team with the most wins in the decade is "totally destroyed?"

Actually you know what "totally destroyed" is? 33-14 at home when the visiting teams jumps out to a 24-0 lead in the first quarter.

Losing by 19 at home in the postseason when the visiting QB only has to attempt 10 passes because your defense gets rolled to the tune of 234 rushing yards is "totally destroyed."

Your QB having to throw 42 times because you fall back 24-0 after one quarter yet he can only muster 154 yards while tossing three picks is "totally destroyed."

The Jets lost on the road to a better team but were in the game most of the way and even led at halftime.

The Pats got TOTALLY DESTROYED.

Really? Greene our leading rusher in the playoffs got hurt but hey no big deal right?

We won two more playoff games then the mighty AFC East Championship Patriots did last year. Not to mention we actually lead at halftime where you guys where already done by halftime. Last time an AFC East championship team performed like that in a playoff game it was the Dolphins lead by Chad. You must be brimming with pride bro.

But go ahead and talk smack your on a roll.

Yeah, you knew the Giants would pull it off at the end there :rolleyes:

I knew the Pats were toast the second I saw both teams walk on the field that day. The Pats were arrogant and were acting like they expected the Giants to lay down for them so they could be canonized. The Giants were geeked up and looking to take people's heads off.

I turned to my best friend and bet him $100 straight up on the game right then and there.

Really? Greene our leading rusher in the playoffs got hurt but hey no big deal right?

We won two more playoff games then the mighty AFC East Championship Patriots did last year. Not to mention we actually lead at halftime where you guys where already done by halftime. Last time an AFC East championship team performed like that in a playoff game it was the Dolphins lead by Chad. You must be brimming with pride bro.

But go ahead and talk smack your on a roll.

To be fair, the Ravens scored the eventual game-winning TD with 2:34 left in the first quarter.

BTW, love the classic TX move of cherry picking my post because you can't respond to the rest of it because you know its true and you have no comeback.

Whatever Kleck.

Thankfully for Pats fans, rearview mirrors are not made with Plasma technology.

If they were, all we would see is permanent Jets burn-in.

Again, let's see what happens when everything starts for real next weekend.

30-17 on the road against the team with the most wins in the decade is "totally destroyed?"

Actually you know what "totally destroyed" is? 33-14 at home when the visiting teams jumps out to a 24-0 lead in the first quarter.

Losing by 19 at home in the postseason when the visiting QB only has to attempt 10 passes because your defense gets rolled to the tune of 234 rushing yards is "totally destroyed."

Your QB having to throw 42 times because you fall back 24-0 after one quarter yet he can only muster 154 yards while tossing three picks is "totally destroyed."

The Jets lost on the road to a better team but were in the game most of the way and even led at halftime.

The Pats got TOTALLY DESTROYED.

Manning owned the Jets in the 2nd half after the Colts were finished playing around the Jets.

I knew the Pats were toast the second I saw both teams walk on the field that day. The Pats were arrogant and were acting like they expected the Giants to lay down for them so they could be canonized. The Giants were geeked up and looking to take people's heads off.

I turned to my best friend and bet him $100 straight up on the game right then and there.

Did Fido pay up?

Whatever Kleck.

Thankfully for Pats fans, rearview mirrors are not made with Plasma technology.

If they were, all we would see is permanent Jets burn-in.

Again, let's see what happens when everything starts for real next weekend.

Really? The most prominent thing in my football rearview mirror is six wasted years of Tom Brady's prime with no championships to show for it.

Really? The most prominent thing in my football rearview mirror is six wasted years of Tom Brady's prime with no championships to show for it.

Let's see.

Brady has the highest (10 games played) playoff winning percentage of any QB in NFL playoff history.

4 AFC Championships and 3 Super Bowl titles in the last 10 years and the most recent decade NFL dynasty.

As a fan, what more can you ask for?

Let's see.

Brady has the highest (10 games played) playoff winning percentage of any QB in NFL playoff history.

4 AFC Championships and 3 Super Bowl titles in the last 10 years and the most recent decade NFL dynasty.

:hand:

What has he done the last six years? Big fat pile of nothin'.

Do you mean destroyed like in the 2009 AFC Championship game?

This is where offseason championships become so important.

The Jets couldnt stop the Indy pass,

The Jets upgraded two CB's, and (hopefully) a Safety. Also Added Jason Taylor to help rush the passer.

couldnt run the ball,

They dumped the ineffective Thomas Jones, replaced him with LaDainian Tomlinson, and added another bruising FB to the mix.

Sanchez couldnt complete a pass (Sorta like this pre season)

They added Santonio Holmes (and LT to help there, too).

Sanchez completed 65% of his passes this summer. Last year in the playoffs, he completed 60% of his throws at a rate of 7.9 yards/attempt, and a passer rating of 92.7. Not bad for a rookie.

I'd still give the edge in the division to the Pats over the Jets based on QB play alone, but don't be a stupid troll. That was too easy. Jets identified their issues and looked to bolster every one of them - all while under the limitations of the final 8 rules.

1. You can never have too many snacks and say it again and I will use my new banning skills to turn your carriage into a pumpkin Chowderella

2. At least our gay QB is manish enough to embrace his gayness and not pretend to be straight by paying people to knock up starletts and super models.

3. I think you might notice that the only time you notice it smells in NJ is when you are their. As soon as you leave and go back to gaytriot-ville you stop smelling it. I'm not judging Im just saying

That was disappointing. You're usually funny. What happened? Low blood sugar? Go eat a God Damn Snack!

ya,i made a coupla beans myself on that game.arrogance got them what they deserved

Let's see.

you can ask that they do it without the video equipment

wow lol at jets fans.

fans of a team that really hasnt done anything in 40 years saying that NE sucks because they havent won a superbowl in 6 years? Wow..I thought some of the people on here were ok, and could actually talk football..but this is a new low, this thread is just stupid. We all know the patriots are going to win the afc east.

Archived