Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, and given you advanced intelligence, I'm sure at the ripe age of 4 years old, you totally understood the restricted free agent process and why we owed compensation to the Pats after he signed the offer letter.

ur dam rite...

Not really. People in the northeast know better. Racism exists much more in the south than anywhere else, especially South Florida.

Right. It's why diversity is one of the first things you hear people talk about in regards to Boston. After doing undergrad at Northeastern, I don't think I've ever been to any city whose inhabitants were more scared of black people or minorities than bostonians.

Right. It's why diversity is one of the first things you hear people talk about in regards to Boston. After doing undergrad at Northeastern, I don't think I've ever been to any city whose inhabitants were more scared of black people or minorities than bostonians.

Such a claimed diehard Boston fan too...I wonder what Bill Russell would have to say about racism not existing in Boston.

Watching the Knicks and Melo makes me so glad the Bulls did not land Melo... he is a selfish fool who cares only about getting off a nice shot nothing else.

You're a complete idiot. It's a shame you root for the Jets.

Yeah, it's true. There really aren't a whole lot of minorities in MA...does that make it racist or anything? No.

In fairness, they'll kick your a$$ up there for being the wrong type of Irish.

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

W

The Bulls eeking out victories vs. the 8 seed = very impressive.

Carmelo carrying his team with his PG and PF on the bench vs. the 3 seed and best defensive team in the league = not impressive.

I'm glad you join these discussions.

You walked right into that one.

I almost felt bad at first... lol

I understand Melo is a Knick now and you guys will defend him... that is fine... but you are kidding yourself if you think you would have givin him the same respect on the NETS/Heat etc...

The Bulls eeking out victories vs. the 8 seed = very impressive.

Carmelo carrying his team with his PG and PF on the bench vs. the 3 seed and best defensive team in the league = not impressive.

I'm glad you join these discussions.

So every #1 seed that goes on to win a title swept round one?? Oh wait the Bulls havent lost... So every #1 seed has blown out the #8 seed 4 games straight??

Just stop it, the Bulls are playing down to the level of their competition. They man up and take the game when it counts. Everyone praises the Lakers for being able to do it... why not the Bulls?

I almost felt bad at first... lol

I understand Melo is a Knick now and you guys will defend him... that is fine... but you are kidding yourself if you think you would have givin him the same respect on the NETS/Heat etc...

What about when he was with Denver?

It doesn't matter who is hurt, or how much Carmelo carries the Knicks if you lose. You play to win the game, not to pad your stats.

It actually does matter who's hurt. This isnt Football or Baseball when you have 500 people on your roster. You think the Celt's win game 2 with KG on the bench? Not a chance.

So every #1 seed that goes on to win a title swept round one?? Oh wait the Bulls havent lost... So every #1 seed has blown out the #8 seed 4 games straight??

Just stop it, the Bulls are playing down to the level of their competition. They man up and take the game when it counts. Everyone praises the Lakers for being able to do it... why not the Bulls?

Thats not the point. And its further pointless arguing with the two people I've quoted in this post. I just like to point out when you guys are dropping straight knowledge on us, we should all be glad we have you guys here to teach us about Basketball.

It actually does matter who's hurt. This isnt Football or Baseball when you have 500 people on your roster. You think the Celt's win game 2 with KG on the bench? Not a chance.

But he's not hurt. Yeah, obviously our chances are smaller if KG is hurt, but you just have to keep playing. The NBA won't move games back to let the injured players recover. I'm not saying that injured players don't make a difference, because they do, but teams won't go easy on you because your players are hurt. If anything, with the NBA being a professional sport, the players would probably try and hurt you more (I know everyone says "you never like to see someone get hurt", but honestly, that's a lie. ALL professional athletes try and hurt the other team).

You know that stats are just numerical representations of actual events that determine who wins and loses games, right?

But, for example, in game 1, Carmelo tried to pad his stats by going for a ridiculous 3 pointer when he could've passed it to another teammate and tied the game. I definitely know what you're saying (because obviously scoring 40 points helps your team), but there are some plays where you have to look bad to help your team win.

Such a claimed diehard Boston fan too...I wonder what Bill Russell would have to say about racism not existing in Boston.

Exactly, I'm sure those Bostonian fans were just randomly targeting houses when they broke into his house, covered the walls with racist graffiti, damaged his trophies and sh*t on the beds. And i'm sure Russell was just kidding when he called Boston a "flea market of racism".

I remember reading a few books on Russell and the Celtics when I was just hanging in the library throughout undergrad (Northeastern has an absolutely amazing library for anyone who's been there) and some of the sh*t that his parents and he went through, starting in Louisiana and continuing through college, the olympics and into the NBA is more than any of us could even imagine, which in turn caused him to be an extremely guarded and jaded super-star. It really is a shame that Falco has to learn all of this on a message board, rather than learn the history of his self-described favorite team.

In fairness, they'll kick your a$$ up there for being the wrong type of Irish.

I'll give you Dorcester or maybe southie, but pretty much anywhere within walking distance of the Pru has been taken over by college students and post-college yuppie graduates. I loved living there, but i'm not gonna pretend it's the most diverse city out there lol.

But, for example, in game 1, Carmelo tried to pad his stats by going for a ridiculous 3 pointer when he could've passed it to another teammate and tied the game. I definitely know what you're saying (because obviously scoring 40 points helps your team), but there are some plays where you have to look bad to help your team win.

Right, like when he passed the ball to jeffries right under the basket to win the game and he blows it. You'd think if he were just a stat padder and not looking to win the game, he would have shot it. People like you will literally criticize him no matter what he does. That performance in game 2 was other-wordly and if the Knicks won that game, that would be considered one of, if not the best single game performances in Knicks' history.

I think living in any community in Massachusetts would explain the resentment toward blacks and gays.

Why can't you and Rutgers just talk basketball? Why do you need to throw barbs at a State that has a black Governor and gay marriage is legal? The most racist guy in the building tomorrow night is named Spike Lee.

Why can't you and Rutgers just talk basketball? Why do you need to throw barbs at a State that has a black Governor and gay marriage is legal? The most racist guy in the building tomorrow night is named Spike Lee.

You get your panties in a bunch about the mere mention of Boston's legitimately checkered racial past, you recycle all the facile hey-there's-no-racism-anymore-just-look-at-the-executive-branch crap writ small, then you conclude with a glib reverse-discrimination crack that would make Sully in Rawxbury proud...and you seriously don't understand why we can't just talk basketball?

You get your panties in a bunch about the mere mention of Boston's legitimately checkered racial past, you recycle all the facile hey-there's-no-racism-anymore-just-look-at-the-executive-branch crap writ small, then you conclude with a glib reverse-discrimination crack that would make Sully in Rawxbury proud...and you seriously don't understand why we can't just talk basketball?

Did I mention the past? NYC doesn't exactly have a great reputation when it comes to race relations. I hope you know that African-Americans make up 6% of the population in Massachusetts.

Archived