•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Movies We've Seen Thread

• Please log in to reply
1622 replies to this topic

#1 T0mShane

T0mShane

Mark Sanchez is my spirit animal

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

Thought we should have a thread to share our reviews of movies we're seeing to help us avoid watching Ryan Reynolds and/or Julia Roberts movies.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#2 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

Thought we should have a thread to share our reviews of movies we're seeing to help us avoid watching Ryan Reynolds and/or Julia Roberts movies.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#3 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,053 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Like anyone gives a sh*t about your review of Midnight in Paris where you cried in your bucket of popcorn all by yourself last Friday night.

Edited by JiF, 24 June 2011 - 09:36 AM.

Posted Image

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Just watched The Tree of Life with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. It was trippy and not so much a linear narrative, but a visual expression of how one comes to be who they are (I think). It's deeply philosophical and beautiful to watch, but the lack if a standard-issue storyline can be frustrating. Brad Pitt is great in it as a beaten-down father in the 1950's who, in the course of trying to prepare his sons for the inherent miseries of life, ends up making Sean Penn a ridiculously depressed (if wealthy) adult. A long movie, definitely not for everybody, but overall a great film if you appreciate artistry and ambiguity in lieu of nuts-and-bolts storytelling.

Edited by T0mShane, 24 June 2011 - 09:37 AM.

#5 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,053 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Like anyone gives a sh*t about your review of Midnight in Paris where you cried in your bucket of popcorn all by yourself last Friday night.
Posted Image

#6 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

:D <3 you

Spot on, except it was Biutiful with Javier Bardem.

#7 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Speaking of which, Biutiful--Another long movie, this one with subtitles, that should earn Javier Bardem an Oscar. He's a terminally ill man desperately trying to provide for his two kids before he dies. I watched it, impressed but not blown away, for two hours, then found myself weeping like a baby when it ended. A great movie for those with patience.

Edited by T0mShane, 24 June 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

You insolent prick.

#9 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,999 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

I saw Tree of Life, and I'd like to see it again. There's a lot to take in. My son was with me, and he hated it. There were people grumbling in the theater, "I hope it's finally over." Definitely not for everyone.

Rumor has it that the director's interested in making a 6 hour director's cut version. :blink:

In the meantime, I plan on checking out other Terrance Malick flicks. The Thin Red Line and New World are available streaming on Netflix, I believe.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#10 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

I saw Tree of Life, and I'd like to see it again. There's a lot to take in. My son was with me, and he hated it. There were people grumbling in the theater, "I hope it's finally over." Definitely not for everyone.

Rumor has it that the director's interested in making a 6 hour director's cut version. :blink:

In the meantime, I plan on checking out other Terrance Malick flicks. The Thin Red Line and New World are available streaming on Netflix, I believe.

I'm definitely going to have to check out Tree of Life again. I totally wasn't prepared for what it was. I knew it was gorgeous, but i was still like, "WTF dinosaurs?"

I saw Thin Red Line when it came out. It's a really contemplative, slow-moving war movie. I'd like to check that one out again--I went in expecting Platoon and came out scratching my head.

#11 gg

gg

~

• Members
  • 14,820 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

i loved "midnight in paris"

#12 slowmoe57

slowmoe57

Keep Smiling

• Members
  • 5,836 posts
  • LocationAurora Illinois

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

Speaking of which, Biutiful--Another long movie, this one with subtitles, that should earn Javier Bardem an Oscar. He's a terminally ill man desperately trying to provide for his two kids before he dies. I watched it, impressed but not blown away, for two hours, then found myself weeping like a baby when it ended. A great movie for those with patience.

He was nominated last year for his role in this movie -- Of course he lost to the stuttering King

Not trying to be nitpicky here.
Posted Image
Remember weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed
TFFFB

#13 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

He was nominated last year for his role in this movie -- Of course he lost to the stuttering King

Not trying to be nitpicky here.

Oh snap. Good looking out. I saw both of them. I thought King's Speech was a little over-rated, but I can see why they gave it to Firth.

#14 visajets

visajets

3rd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Whats next a favorite toilet paper thread? Geez

#15 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,144 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#16 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,021 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Just watched The Tree of Life with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. It was trippy and not so much a linear narrative, but a visual expression of how one comes to be who they are (I think). It's deeply philosophical and beautiful to watch, but the lack if a standard-issue storyline can be frustrating. Brad Pitt is great in it as a beaten-down father in the 1950's who, in the course of trying to prepare his sons for the inherent miseries of life, ends up making Sean Penn a ridiculously depressed (if wealthy) adult. A long movie, definitely not for everybody, but overall a great film if you appreciate artistry and ambiguity in lieu of nuts-and-bolts storytelling.

Posted Image

#17 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,021 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

Mrs Crusher and I enjoy the "Hippo and Hers" two pack.

Posted Image

#18 visajets

visajets

3rd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

That bathroom is way too nice to be yours... :o

#19 JerryK

JerryK

Supreme Chancellor

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

I have Netflix online and just watched Highlander again after about 20yrs. Dated, but still cool.
If you're young enough you haven't seen it...watch it.
Avatar=whoever eliminates Brady.

#20 JerryK

JerryK

Supreme Chancellor

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

Mrs Crusher and I enjoy the "Hippo and Hers" two pack.

Posted Image

Someone in your house needs to cook the food a little longer.
Avatar=whoever eliminates Brady.

#21 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,021 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

That bathroom is way too nice to be yours... :o

Don't hate. I have my very own bathroom.

OK fine it's been condemned twice by the county and "Dirty Jobs" turned it down cause they ain't trying to work that hard.

#22 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,021 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Someone in your house needs to cook the food a little longer.

Not as much a volume issue as it is surface area.

#23 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,804 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Ip Man, the scene where Donnie Yen takes on ten black belts is one of the best Kung Fu sequences of all time. And epics simply do not get better than 13 Assassins.

Edited by RutgersJetFan, 24 June 2011 - 08:55 PM.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#24 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Ip Man, the scene where Donnie Yen takes on ten black belts is one of the best Kung Fu sequences of all time. And epics simply do not get better than 13 Assassins.

Did you see Ip Man 2? Simply brilliant. The final fight scene was breathtaking. Ip Man was great, too. 13 Assassins was the shiznit. I didn't think I'd ever see a battle scene like that made in contemporary cinema--so patient and unwilling to just give in to the quick, generic, balletic fight scenes that plague so many movies these days.

#25 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,247 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

i loved "midnight in paris"

Saw that tonight. It felt like every Woody Allen movie of the last twenty years (except for the great Match Point). We get it, Woody: wealthy people are vapid and wry. Doesn't make them interesting. Glad to see Owen Wilson in something legit, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users