Going to training camp on Saturday

Maxman

I am thinking of getting there close to 1pm, no later than 1:30. Want to make sure I get a good spot since the accommodations are less than stellar for the fans.

Who is up for a JN meet-up? We can wear name badges and heckle all the cool people.

I am thinking of getting there close to 1pm, no later than 1:30. Want to make sure I get a good spot since the accommodations are less than stellar for the fans.

Who is up for a JN meet-up? We can wear name badges and heckle all the cool people.

I'll be there...where does everyone want to meet up?

Yeah, our plan is to try to get there at around 1 as well. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a cluster**** there tomorrow, so it may be difficult to work out, but just post in here wherever you guys plan to meet up and I'll try to swing by.

Parking is plentiful guys. I was there last week theres blacktop and a big open field. Its not all that much in amneties. Jets shop under a tent, small food vending area, and 3 practice fields with no seating. I would bring binoculars and a chair if you dont like standing.Also there is no shade. They also allow coolers. Look for the shuttle vans in the parking lot they take you right to the gate. Have fun.

Yeah, our plan is to try to get there at around 1 as well. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a clusterfuck there tomorrow, so it may be difficult to work out, but just post in here wherever you guys plan to meet up and I'll try to swing by.

So am I making a name tag for you or no?

Parking is plentiful guys. I was there last week theres blacktop and a big open field. Its not all that much in amneties. Jets shop under a tent, small food vending area, and 3 practice fields with no seating. I would bring binoculars and a chair if you dont like standing.Also there is no shade. They also allow coolers. Look for the shuttle vans in the parking lot they take you right to the gate. Have fun.

Everything visajets says is right on! I was there a couple of times during the week and here are a few additional tips! (1) Try to bring your own food and drink as it is expensive on site (water about $4 a bottle). (2) Try to get a Jets Roster listing on the way in (available at stand where they are trying to you sell PSLs). Players only have numbers on their jerseys, with a lot of new guys and rookies you'll want to identify. (3) Try to get a spot along the fence directly behind the end zone (goal posts) where fans can stand. When I was there, Sanchez eventually (around 3 PM) wound up throwing from about the 20 yard line (red zone) to his top receivers like Plax, Holmes, Keller, etc. right in front of you...as close as you'll get to the action! May not happen on Saturday, but it's a good bet! (4) If you're not staying for autographs, get out of there before 4 o'clock. Beat most of the crowd out! Enjoy! And Go Jets!

Everything visajets says is right on! I was there a couple of times during the week and here are a few additional tips! (1) Try to bring your own food and drink as it is expensive on site (water about $4 a bottle). (2) Try to get a Jets Roster listing on the way in (available at stand where they are trying to you sell PSLs). Players only have numbers on their jerseys, with a lot of new guys and rookies you'll want to identify. (3) Try to get a spot along the fence directly behind the end zone (goal posts) where fans can stand. When I was there, Sanchez eventually (around 3 PM) wound up throwing from about the 20 yard line (red zone) to his top receivers like Plax, Holmes, Keller, etc. right in front of you...as close as you'll get to the action! May not happen on Saturday, but it's a good bet! (4) If you're not staying for autographs, get out of there before 4 o'clock. Beat most of the crowd out! Enjoy! And Go Jets!

Excellent tips, the roster sheet was something I wish I had picked up.

Camp was a blast today. Honestly, I was in serious picture-taking mode, not to mention unfortunately a lot of the really good stuff was happening on the other end of the field, so I'm not exactly going to be able to give some of the great breakdowns that other guys on here can give, but here's just a few things I wanted to mention that really caught my eye:

-McElroy seemed to get far more practice snaps than any other QB on the roster, which I found very interesting. Definitely way more than Brunell got. He looked pretty decent out there, so it was kind of a cool thing to see.

-Kerley is unquestionably getting pushed to the limit. There's no doubt about Westhoff loving this kid, as I saw them together on a number of occasions. But beyond that, the fact is there was no single player who was given as many responsibilities in practice as Kerley. He was out there for kick returns and punt returns, he was running with the ones on offense as the slot receiver, with the twos as a wideout and when they did a Wildcat session of the practice, Kerley got the vast majority of the work there as well. The Jets clearly are in love with this kid, and are making an effort to make sure he has as many opportunities to get onto the field as possible. Personally, I love it.

-The Jets DL is f'ing enormous. Pitoitua is the easiest guy on the entire team to spot. Even amongst those huge bodies, he literally stands out above the rest. But it's certainly not just him, verall there is just some ridiculous size on that line.

-Was quite impressed by at least a few plays from a couple of the Jets much-maligned second-year players. Wilson had some nice plays in coverage, including one great play on a deep throw to the endzone that was nearly an amazing diving pick if he could've held on, but still played it really well. McKnight seemed to have himself a good day, he was involved in the passing game a decent bit and broke off a few nice runs. While I didn't see him taking any of his own snaps, he had some plays out of the wildcat that he trailed Kerley and took some pitches that went well (they ran some of those with LT & Greene back with Kerley as well). As has been reported plenty of times before, both guys were also involved in return drills for both punts and kicks as well.

-At one point they were running drills with Sanchez & the TEs over by us, and there were some interesting things taken from that. Keller looked good, and while Cumberland had a rough start he seemed to pick it up and get going pretty well after that. The rest of the guys, like Mulligan, etc., are clearly your garden variety blocking TEs. Much bulkier dudes than the aforementioned guys and while they clearly were working hard on the receiving aspect and most of them did a pretty good job catching what was thrown to them, they were slow as sh*t.

Overall it was a lot of fun and I was glad to have went, but as you can see, from where I was there wasn't a ton to talk about regarding the Jets more known quantities, but in all honesty I wasn't paying as close attention to those guys either. Definitely saw a bunch of plays out of Holmes and LT, and Greene was definitely being given some more reps in the passing game and looked decent, but not too much more to say on those types of guys. That's all I can really think of, I'll be going through my pics later and if I've got anything particularly good to share I'll try to throw some in here.

P.S. I was already a huge Westy fan and love the guy even more after today. He's extremely involved with his guys, clearly who's what the hell he's doing and was of course good for a few laughs as well. I really hope he changes his mind about retirement next year. Also it was good to see that he was moving around out there better than I've seen in many, many years, so I'm imagining that's a good sign in terms of his health.

Since I'm short, I couldn't see much...lol. What I could see pretty much echos what BG wrote above. It definitely appeared like they were really focusing on their short passing game. On a side note, Max, it was great meeting you and your son. Now I finally have a face to put to the posts :)

-McElroy seemed to get far more practice snaps than any other QB on the roster, which I found very interesting. Definitely way more than Brunell got. He looked pretty decent out there, so it was kind of a cool thing to see.

Despite ECURB's musings, I think this has a lot to do with the fact that there were no offseason programs this year, and the Jets need to get McElroy ready to play more than a half tomorrow night in a very short period of time.

Despite ECURB's musings, I think this has a lot to do with the fact that there were no offseason programs this year, and the Jets need to get McElroy ready to play more than a half tomorrow night in a very short period of time.

It's funny you say that, because after thinking about it some more, that was my guess as well. McElroy is probably going to be the one playing the vast majority of the game, so he needs to be ready to go and that means fitting 5 months worth of learning into two weeks. That's not going to happen with him getting 5 reps throughout the entire practice session. The fact that he was even taking reps with the 2s yesterday only speaks further to that.

I thought he was implying McElroy would be the starter this season :rolleyes:

Archived