Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, we didn't need Braylon specifically. I would have welcomed a 1st-3rd round rookie, or a guy like Vincent Jackson, James Jones, etc.

Vincent Jackson: Dude wants to get paid. If we weren't going to be able to afford Braylon what makes you think we could afford VJax?

James Jones: He's a nice player but not exactly a game-changing dynamic presence. If Plax is healthy, then he can be that.

Plus, Derrick Mason > James Jones

I don't get replies like this. Obviously, there IS cause for concern, so why act all sarcastic. This is very bad news... it means Mason could be our #2 and a rookie without a training camp could be #3.

Are you serious?

Vincent Jackson: Dude wants to get paid. If we weren't going to be able to afford Braylon what makes you think we could afford VJax?

James Jones: He's a nice player but not exactly a game-changing dynamic presence. If Plax is healthy, then he can be that.

Plus, Derrick Mason > James Jones

Doesn't Vincent Jackson also have nine DUIs?

Yup. I'm not going to act like the Jets get choir boys. I think the main thing is that Braylon has a general reputation about him that makes lots of team not even consider him. He's a more productive Kerry Rhodes.

I was the originator of the "Braylon as Kerry" reasoning behind his departure. You WILL credit me.

I don't get replies like this. Obviously, there IS cause for concern, so why act all sarcastic. This is very bad news... it means Mason could be our #2 and a rookie without a training camp could be #3.

People can have legitimate concerns without using everything Cimini writes as occasion for a confirmation bias jamboroo.

But its not like the league has never been wrong before!

They were not wrong about his value as of right now.

He signed for a million dollars.

He was too much of a bitch to saty here for anything close to his worth.

Where is the wromg here? :blink:

a big reason why Edwards refused to sign with us after saying all spring and summer that he WANTED to play for the Jets and was willing to give us a "hometown discount" (his words was ego. Up until the day before he split for San Francisco Rex was still saying "hey Braylon, drop your high money demands and come back, we want you". He said he thought he was better than Santonio Holmes and wanted to get at least the same amount of money we gave him or MORE. I read this from one of the beat reporters when it was still going on. Hey it's all a moot point now anyway-Braylon Edwards is a 49er and he's going to be trying to catch scrub Alex Smith's errant passes and Plaxico will be getting healthy and will most likely be going to the playoffs and scoring 10 TDs, so STOP WHINING, what's done is done and what's done and can't be undone.

I was one of the bigger Braylon supporters, at least over Holmes. I'm still not too in love with Holmes but it's just clear as day that Braylon's issues are huge and nobody in the league is willing to roll the dice on him with any real money.

It's all going to be on Sanchez anyway. Yesterday I watched Vick throwing pinpoint lasers to nobodies. Just carved the Ravens right up. I know it's preseason, but still.

Agree with you on Braylon. I felt the same way, but there's clearly a lot more to this situation than simply performance on the field. As you said, Sanchez will make or break this offense this year (well, as much as it can be "made" with Schitty calling the playings)

On a different note, did you really feel Vick looked that good? I missed most of the game, but on the few replays I saw from Vick's TD drive (not sure if that was his only drive or not), his passes looked like complete sh*t to me. Nobodies or not, every catch I saw was a horrible throw completed thanks to good play by the WR and crappy CB play. When you've got a WR burning a DB down the field and then having to come to a near stop for the ball, that's a garbage throw. Not to mention his TD throw of all of 5 yards was behind Celek and looked like Vick was trying to hit the CB in stride rather than him. I honestly don't think he comes anywhere close to the season he had last year as a passer.

Funny thing about all of this panic is that as much as I wanted Braylon back, even if Plaxico's health issues persist, I'm not all THAT overly concerned. Mason is still a legit #2 WR (if he was on the Jets last year, his numbers would've been 1st in catches, 2nd in yards and tied for 1st in TDs) and frankly, with the way Kerley has been tearing it up in camp, I would actually be kind of excited to see the kid get a legit shot to see the field a lot as the Jets primary slot receiver.

Funny thing about all of this panic is that as much as I wanted Braylon back, even if Plaxico's health issues persist, I'm not all THAT overly concerned. Mason is still a legit #2 WR (if he was on the Jets last year, his numbers would've been 1st in catches, 2nd in yards and tied for 1st in TDs) and frankly, with the way Kerley has been tearing it up in camp, I would actually be kind of excited to see the kid get a legit shot to see the field a lot as the Jets primary slot receiver.

Correct Mason is a #2. My main concern will be height issues. Neither Holmes or Mason is over 5' 10".

yea that's a good point BG-I mean every practice we hear good reports about this kid-maybe it's fate intervening here-maybe we have a star in the amking also-we have a better and deeper WR corps than we have had in a generation-Patrick Turner, Logan Payne, Scotty McKnight these guys have potential-I wouldn't mind seeing what we have there if Plax is MIA for a few weeks

Correct Mason is a #2. My main concern will be height issues. Neither Holmes or Mason is over 5' 10".

That's certainly a legit point, and was one of the many reasons I was originally rooting for Braylon to return. Although both Holmes and Mason have been pretty productive red zone TD WRs for their size in their careers, but that is an area they'd probably want to address, be it through FA or if they think one of the big WRs they have in camp can contribute.

yea that's a good point BG-I mean every practice we hear good reports about this kid-maybe it's fate intervening here-maybe we have a star in the amking also-we have a better and deeper WR corps than we have had in a generation-Patrick Turner, Logan Payne, Scotty McKnight these guys have potential-I wouldn't mind seeing what we have there if Plax is MIA for a few weeks

Im not willing to lose 3-4 games while we experiment at WR.

On a different note, did you really feel Vick looked that good? I missed most of the game, but on the few replays I saw from Vick's TD drive (not sure if that was his only drive or not), his passes looked like complete sh*t to me. Nobodies or not, every catch I saw was a horrible throw completed thanks to good play by the WR and crappy CB play. When you've got a WR burning a DB down the field and then having to come to a near stop for the ball, that's a garbage throw. Not to mention his TD throw of all of 5 yards was behind Celek and looked like Vick was trying to hit the CB in stride rather than him. I honestly don't think he comes anywhere close to the season he had last year as a passer.

The main thing I took from that game is that the ETN play-by-play guy is one of the three or four most annoying human beings alive. He makes Hawk Harrelson look objective and dispassionate.

That's certainly a legit point, and was one of the many reasons I was originally rooting for Braylon to return. Although both Holmes and Mason have been pretty productive red zone TD WRs for their size in their careers, but that is an area they'd probably want to address, be it through FA or if they think one of the big WRs they have in camp can contribute.

It is if Keller wasnt 6'5 and Patrick Turner wasnt 6'6. :P

Logan Payne is 6'2" and he's making the team anyway as Westy's gunner, other WR's on the roster now are Cordarol Scales is 6'4", Courtney Smith is 6'5", Patrick Turner is also 6'5", and Michael Campbell is 6'2"-it's not like we don't have any size at the position. Turner would probably be the red zonew fade pattern receiver

Archived