Same Old Jets fans must have been dying for this... whatever this is...

Integrity28

Seriously, we lose one preseason game and its like Calamity Jane's bastard children crawl out of the woodwork talking about the Jets weaknesses, this, that and the other thing... ALL negativity and pathetic over-anxious whining.

I know Max doesn't want us personally attacking anyone, so maybe we can just have one thread that is the "doomsday, pessimism, sky is falling, I need to cry about something" thead, and then the rest of us can remain rational and talk about the reality... that its week 2 of a shortened preseason and nothing counts yet. Maybe?

Seriously, we lose one preseason game and its like Calamity Jane's bastard children crawl out of the woodwork talking about the Jets weaknesses, this, that and the other thing... ALL negativity and pathetic over-anxious whining.

I know Max doesn't want us personally attacking anyone, so maybe we can just have one thread that is the "doomsday, pessimism, sky is falling, I need to cry about something" thead, and then the rest of us can remain rational and talk about the reality... that its week 2 of a shortened preseason and nothing counts yet. Maybe?

Nice post...the dolfag and pussriot trolls kill me the most around here. As soon as they see a jet weakness through the preseason, they have to come on here and chant 7-9, 8-8, or the jets will suck. Yeah keep dreaming, we are still the team that made it to the afc title game 2 years straight.

listen,since i am the guy who started the oline and backup tackle thread, this must be a bout me.fwiw,i am pretty much in favor with all the moves the front office made this year. and for recent years for that matter.with a few exceptions of course.i beleive the jets have what it takes with 2 exceptions. i never liked the brunnell signing and i dont beleive he can still play. and is it too much to ask to have 1 back up tackle??? THE JETS DO NOT HAVE 1 BACK UP TACKLE!!!! i dont know where you get all this doomsday bs because you think people are whining a bout a pre season loss.i could care less about pre season. i do care that our 3rd string lineman got our 2nd string lineman injured because he(so far) really sucks.basically leaving the jets with(once again)zero backup tackles

listen,since i am the guy who started the oline and backup tackle thread, this must be a bout me.fwiw,i am pretty much in favor with all the moves the front office made this year. and for recent years for that matter.with a few exceptions of course.i beleive the jets have what it takes with 2 exceptions. i never liked the brunnell signing and i dont beleive he can still play. and is it too much to ask to have 1 back up tackle??? THE JETS DO NOT HAVE 1 BACK UP TACKLE!!!! i dont know where you get all this doomsday bs because you think people are whining a bout a pre season loss.i could care less about pre season. i do care that our 3rd string lineman got our 2nd string lineman injured because he(so far) really sucks.basically leaving the jets with(once again)zero backup tackles

Ducasse will play guard tonight next to a probowl center. He is terrible but he does better in that situation. We have learned not to put Ducasse outside again i'm sure. All will be okay tonight after the win. It was the first game and everyone looked like crap in the nfl the first week.

Not about you, its about every "wah wah" thread that has polluted this site the past 2-3 weeks.

I agree with the original poster.

I can not understand nor comprehend all of this doom and gloom either. It's mind boggling. This has been, by far, the most enjoyable two-going on three years that I've ever enjoyed as a long time Jets fan. Maybe it's safe to say that some of these fans haven't lived through the 1-15 seasons of 1996, Vinny Testaverde going down for the year on the 1st offensive play of our 1999 season, the Patriots dominating our franchise like never before etc, etc. Now is a time to rejoice and dream. We may never see another Jets era, like the one we have as of right now. With all that said, I won't allow a single negative nancie the chance to get the best of me or ruin my time as a Jets fan.

There has been way too much negativity surrounding our fan base, during a time where Jet fans should be rejoicing after having lived through plenty of miserable era's since we've last won a Championship dating back to 68-69.

Pre-Rex, the last time the Jets made it as far as the AFC Championship Game was back in 1998 under Parcells. Since Ryan has taken over? We've been to the AFC Championship Game during consecutive seasons. If we're not considered as true contenders, I'm not sure who is.

We've drafted a franchise QB in Mark Sanchez, a promising young Quarterback who's already eliminated QB's and teams such as Palmer and the Bengals in Cincinnati, Rivers and the powerful Chargers in SD, Peyton Manning and the Colts inside of the dome followed by eliminating Tom freaking Brady and the Patriots on the road in Foxboro. For a QB heading into his 3rd season, it doesn't get much better than that.

We're loaded with future Hall of Famers in Darrelle Revis, who could go down as the greatest overall shut down Corner that ever lived to play the game. A Franchise LT in D'Brickashaw Ferguson, a Franchise LT who's started each and every game at LT since being drafted back in 2006. An All-Pro Center in Nick Mangold who's been considered as the NFL's best Center for going on 3-4 years now. An All-Pro MLB in David Harris, an IMLB who's averaged 107 tackles per season since being drafted into the NFL back in 2007. Has led the way for two top 5 D's during his first 4 years of being in the league. All of these talents are young and enjoying their golden-prime years as JETS! If these 4 cornerstone players can all manage to stay healthy, there is no doubt about it, we'll see them in Canton Ohio one day. LaDainian Tomlinson is a lock as well. It's just a fun time to be a Jets fan.

Respected Head Coach= Check.

Franchise QB= Check.

Dominating Offensive Line= Check.

Top of the line Defense= Check.

Top 5 Rushing Attack= Check.

Franchise Running Back= Check.

Best 1-2 CB Tandem/Duo in Revis and Cromartie= Check.

Best 1-2 Punch/Force in Harris and Scott @ IMLB= Check.

Talented #1 WR in Holmes= Check.

Talented Pass Catching TE in Keller= Check.

Nucleus of exciting young talent in Kyle Wilson, Muhammad Wilkerson, Kenrick Ellis, Jeremy Kerley, Joe McKnight and Jeff Cumberland = Check.

True Super Bowl Contending Team= Check.

I'm sure I can go on and on. What's not to love about our Jets of 2011? Our franchise is relevant for the first time in a VERY long time. Why not enjoy it to the fullest? You can no longer talk up teams such as the Patriots, Colts, Steelers and Chargers without first mentioning Rex Ryan and the god-damn Jets. We've built a brand new stadium, a state of the art stadium that's no longer called Giants Stadium, a stadium that's getting ready to host 2014's Super Bowl... There has never been a better time to be a Jets fan. I'll never understand this doom and gloom type of mentality that some Jet fans have had around here during our offseason.

I agree and I've suggested this a few times, but it falls on deaf ears each time. Negativity brings everyone down. There's absolutely no reason to be angry or negative about our team this year. Sure they aren't perfect but they're looking pretty good thus far. I don't mind discussing the strengths and weaknesses, but seriously some of these posts get out of hand and turn into sky is falling threads. I would be all about having an official negative thread for people to whine and complain about the front office and everything else that isn't perfect about our team this year.

Archived