I like Woody johnson.....

Boozer76

Woody has been an excellent owner. He may write the checks, but he also allows his front office the chance to build and improve our football team while staying out of the way at the same time. He allows both Tanny and Rex the opportunity to do what they do best, which is add talent (Tanny) and coach (Rex). Something that both Al Davis and Jerry Jones have struggled doing in years past, due to too much ego.

PROS:

1) Has become excellent at hiring good football people and letting them do their jobs.

2) Has committed large sums of financial and, seemingly, emotional investment into the success of this team. Woody provides a kind of "blood, sweat and tears" type of stamp on this franchise, even if that may not really be true.

3) His employees seem to like him a lot.

CONS:

1) In bed with the Maras far too much.

2) Does not really seem to care about the gameday experience for the fans. The new stadium caters to high-end fans.

BOTTOM LINE: We could do far worse with an owner. He's helped provide us with one of the top 5 products in the league. I don't think he's the greatest owner, and he'll never QUITE endear himself to the fans, whether it be because of his old money, nerdy presence or his insistence on PSL's. But he's solid.

Hard knocks may have sugar-coated it, but he looked like he was very interested and capable... while NOT being an ahole like Jerry Jones. For that reason, I like him.

I do hate the 50-year lease though, and I have a joke about it that I'll recycle at every opportunity. (most recently a few days ago)

2) Does not really seem to care about the gameday experience for the fans. The new stadium caters to high-end fans.

You had a good list until this... the game day experience is 10000% better than it was in Giants stadium... concerts... contests... giveaways... then during the game the air raid siren... attempts at great halftime shows during the regular season... attended family bathrooms... tons more food choices...

the list goes on... and while not all huge things... they are game day experiences that have gotten better...

You had a good list until this... the game day experience is 10000% better than it was in Giants stadium... concerts... contests... giveaways... then during the game the air raid siren... attempts at great halftime shows during the regular season... attended family bathrooms... tons more food choices...

the list goes on... and while not all huge things... they are game day experiences that have gotten better...

That's all just bells and whistles. I care more about functionality. The bathrooms were poorly planned and lead to longer lines than the old stadium. If you're sitting in the mezzanine, its difficult to get to certain seats because of the owner's boxes. The stadium is drafty and generic looking. It takes far too long to get in and out of the stadium.

Say what you will about Jerry Jones, but he did his stadium right. I'm not saying we needed to have everything be state-of-the-art or that we could afford what he did, but he set the curve for stadiums in the future. Ours is just....crap.

the new stadium is generic and bland. Doesnt provide any sort of home field advantage....would rather less amenities and would prefer a stadium like Seattle's or Pittsburgh's were its very hard on opposing teams. Teams walk into NMS and its basically a Bowl Game.

That's all just bells and whistles. I care more about functionality. The bathrooms were poorly planned and lead to longer lines than the old stadium. If you're sitting in the mezzanine, its difficult to get to certain seats because of the owner's boxes. The stadium is drafty and generic looking. It takes far too long to get in and out of the stadium.

Say what you will about Jerry Jones, but he did his stadium right. I'm not saying we needed to have everything be state-of-the-art or that we could afford what he did, but he set the curve for stadiums in the future. Ours is just....crap.

My bathroom trips are worlds better than the old stadium... faster... more room... cleaner...

do you have season tix in the mezz? I have a hard time taking a specific complaint like that from someone who doesn't...

Drafty? It was built open air to reduce the swirling winds... (and it did)... and again... drafty? Serious?

I get right in and right out, and I would be willing to bet the average time to exit is shorter overall in the new stadium... I know getting out of the lot is faster.

the new stadium is generic and bland. Doesnt provide any sort of home field advantage....would rather less amenities and would prefer a stadium like Seattle's or Pittsburgh's were its very hard on opposing teams. Teams walk into NMS and its basically a Bowl Game.

So you named two stadiums that hold 20 THOUSAND less people... than Metlife Stadium... you want 20 thousand less seats... which in turn means you want to pay higher prices.

The haters of the new stadium come up with some silly stuff... plus those stadiums would be too drafty for JetsFan80

So you named two stadiums that hold 20 THOUSAND less people... than Metlife Stadium... you want 20 thousand less seats... which in turn means you want to pay higher prices.

The haters of the new stadium come up with some silly stuff... plus those stadiums would be too drafty for JetsFan80

The Jets have the most expensive tickets regardless. Im a Jets fan that wants the team to win...there is zero homefield advantage in the new digs. The only thing I care about is the Jets winning. I dont care about garlic french fries.

lol. We all know you're an extreme homer ECURB, but I'm not the only one making these complaints. None of these issues are new. Its a sh*tbox plain and simple. That doesn't mean I don't think Woody is a failure of an owner.

The Jets have the most expensive tickets regardless. Im a Jets fan that wants the team to win...there is zero homefield advantage in the new digs. The only thing I care about is the Jets winning. I dont care about garlic french fries.

The only thing worse than me blindly defending the stadium is you guys using arguments like "Zero homefield advantage" and "there is a draft" as your arguments...

The stadium is louder than Giants stadium and is lit up greener than any stadium in JETS history... for that matter it has more team color than MOST NFL stadiums in general...

You have your reasons for hating on the new stadium... but stop being silly about it.

The only thing worse than me blindly defending the stadium is you guys using arguments like "Zero homefield advantage" and "there is a draft" as your arguments...

The stadium is louder than Giants stadium and is lit up greener than any stadium in JETS history... for that matter it has more team color than MOST NFL stadiums in general...

You have your reasons for hating on the new stadium... but stop being silly about it.

The new stadium isnt louder, that's an outright lie.

The new stadium isnt louder, that's an outright lie.

I went to every game last year and I can say with 100% confidence it is louder than Giants stadium was. I thought the place was going to fall down at the end of the Texans game with only 60% of the fans left in the seats.

If anything it is the fans that need improving... not the stadium.

There I said it. I think he's a great owner and he's becoming a great football guy. Have at me.

AWESOME POST! What a great argument you make. Great job explain all of your points and saying why you feel that way. #-o

lol. We all know you're an extreme homer ECURB, but I'm not the only one making these complaints. None of these issues are new. Its a sh*tbox plain and simple. That doesn't mean I don't think Woody is a failure of an owner.

He's not a homer, he's a part time PSL salesman. He'll tell you wonderful things about the Chevy Volt, too, if you let him.

My bathroom trips are worlds better than the old stadium... faster... more room... cleaner...

do you have season tix in the mezz? I have a hard time taking a specific complaint like that from someone who doesn't...

Drafty? It was built open air to reduce the swirling winds... (and it did)... and again... drafty? Serious?

I get right in and right out, and I would be willing to bet the average time to exit is shorter overall in the new stadium... I know getting out of the lot is faster.

This is absolute nonsense. I sit in the mezz A and the while the bathrooms are much cleaner, there are are a lot less unrinals and the line is always 10+ deep. Absolute disaster. Exiting the stadium is a disaster as the escalators are always shut down and everone is funnelled on to a ramp where everyone is packed like sardines. Logistical nightmare. Both experiences were much better in the old dump.

This is absolute nonsense. I sit in the mezz A and the while the bathrooms are much cleaner, there are are a lot less unrinals and the line is always 10+ deep. Absolute disaster. Exiting the stadium is a disaster as the escalators are always shut down and everone is funnelled on to a ramp where everyone is packed like sardines. Logistical nightmare. Both experiences were much better in the old dump.

Sorry to hear that... I sit in 111A and there are three choices of bathroom close by... 2 of which NEVER have lines... they are cleaner... and I can get out as fast as I can walk out.

Saying there are less urinals than the old stadium is silly... it was some absurd amount MORE actually... the ramps cannot be any worse than those damn spirals...

Archived