NYDN/New Poster/Pats are desperate

Lego My Lageman

Just joined here, really like the setup. Posted On the Stream on NYDN but not a forum setup like this.

The Patriots have everyone riding their jock the past few days after their DLine manhandled 3rd stringers against the Giants. Personally I think that Rex smells the blood in the water and Bellicheat knows it...hence the attempt to get exjets and also he had 100+ dlinemen in camp.

Just joined here, really like the setup. Posted On the Stream on NYDN but not a forum setup like this.

The Patriots have everyone riding their jock the past few days after their DLine manhandled 3rd stringers against the Giants. Personally I think that Rex smells the blood in the water and Bellicheat knows it...hence the attempt to get exjets and also he had 100+ dlinemen in camp.

Thank you for signing up and thanks for the kind words about the site!

The tide has defnitely turned in that the Pats are taking ex-Jets now. The amount of money they gave Shaun Ellis kind of speaks volumes, Rex and company offered him the vet minimum. And Belly and company offered him millions on a one year deal. Definitely makes for a good matchup to watch when they play. But I do like the 2 deep rotation the Jets currently have on the d-line.

Shaun Ellis is a disappointment, I know he got a lot of money, but he also made A LOT of money with us.....seriously probably 10-15 mil over his career. I wouldnt want to thrown a legacy down the drain.

When I saw that they were giving him 4 million guaranteed this year, I couldn't blame him. Plus another million in incentives, Seriously that is a lot of money, no way he could have passed up a guarantee like that. The Jets were at 910k....I won't root for him in New England but I just can't fault him.

Welcome Lego. I'm happy you post here. I agree with you. Hope to hear more from you throughout the season.

how'd I do Max?

The tide has defnitely turned in that the Pats are taking ex-Jets now.

Jets signed O'connel and made a claim on Tate.

It must be low tide.

The amount of money they gave Shaun Ellis kind of speaks volumes,

NE needed an experienced DE in this shortened off season. The Jets have a rookie at DE. Should interesting to see which business plan works the best this season.

Ellis having an axe to grind with Rex and Tanny is a bonus.

It must be low tide.

NE needed an experienced DE in this shortened off season. The Jets have a rookie at DE. Should interesting to see which business plan works the best this season.

The Jets want O'Connell because at this point he has experience in the Jets system. He hasn't been a Patriot in a long time.

The Pats took the Jets scraps (Ellis) and over paid him. The tide has turned.

It must be low tide.

Tate young, Eliis old.

Pop quiz : When was last that O'Connell donned a Pats uni ?

Ellis hasnt practiced- I think. I dont think he is healthy enough to make it through the season personally.

First, welcome to the site.

Second, Ellis played against the Giants and during one series, he was lined up opposite Albert with Vince in the middle. That could be scary.

Last, Belichick was in a base 3-4 less than 50% last year. Ellis and Albert are not going to be going every play.

The best of Shaun Ellis has came and gone. Jet fans have seen and enjoyed the best of Shaun Ellis over the years (something that NE fans will never be able to say), it'll be fun watching NE witness his decline first hand. It's just a good feeling knowing that NE just overpaid for an aging DE running on his last wheel.

Yes, Shaun Ellis had a great playoff game against NE, but he's also been on a steady decline over the past three seasons.

2008: 60 tackles, 8 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

2009: 53 tackles, 6.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble.

2010: Only 36 tackles, 4.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble.

As you can see, he's been on a steady decline over the past three years. Considering the fact that Ellis has been hurt during most of the offseason, the Patriots will be LUCKY to get 18 tackles and 2 sacks out of Ellis this season. Ellis hasn't been healthy this offseason, he's been on a 3 year decline, he's learning a new playbook and at the age of 34... his career is on the verge of retirement.

Pats did something this year that I generally expected Bill Belichick to be too smart to do: they signed two old free agents who had their best games against the Pats. Both Ellis and Ochocinco. Ellis might bring a little extra juice against the Jets, but Ocho is useless against them. Bill should've watched more tape.

Pats did something this year that I generally expected Bill Belichick to be too smart to do: they signed two old free agents who had their best games against the Pats. Both Ellis and Ochocinco. Ellis might bring a little extra juice against the Jets, but Ocho is useless against them. Bill should've watched more tape.

Shoot, Belichick didn't bring in Ocho to produce against us. He just wanted one more guy we had to cover so his 50 tight ends and slot receivers can make plays. Not to mention, I bet Ocho has a productive season against everyone BUT us.

The Jets want O'Connell because at this point he has experience in the Jets system. He hasn't been a Patriot in a long time.

The Pats took the Jets scraps (Ellis) and over paid him. The tide has turned.

Funny how Ellis was great a few months ago when he was helping the Jets go to the AFCC twice.

It does seems that NE overpaid for Ellis compared to the cheap offer the Jets tried to pass off. The Jets have plenty of cap space too. Is Revis up for a new contract or something? BB has always had a liking for former Parcells players, so I dont see any change at all.

97_Low_Tide.jpg

Exactly. Ocho's got what, one catch in three games against the Jets? I fail to see how his signing helps them close the gap. :winking0001:

Didn't the Jets put in claims for some Pats castoff's this weekend? Brandon Tate and Lee Smith, I beleive...hence the joke's on you? LOL!

Ocho will be a bust in NE. His diminished skills sets do not fit the NE offense. Haynesworth, however, may work out (as long as they rotate his winded arse in and out on the line).

Lets not go their as The New England Desperates have tried to sign every Jet available to man. Must not be fun not winning a playoff game since the veil has been lifted. Wait until this year when Welfare AL gives up like Randy Moss after Brandon Moore pushes him around and Shuan Ellis gets too old by week 5.

Archived