Dolphins continue to set lame bar lower...

slats

Fins prepare for crowd noise . . . at home

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT

patsfans.jpg?w=250

Getty Images

With a 1-7 record at Sun Life Stadium in 2010, it’s fitting that the Dolphins would feel like strangers in their own home.

And so, as David Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel points out (via our pal Tom Curran of CSNNE.com), the Dolphins are pumping in crowd noise to prepare for the throng of Patriots fans who are expected to show up on Monday night.

It’s an unprecedented move by coach Tony Sparano.

“No, never before,” Sparano said regarding whether he’d ever done something like this. “One of the reasons we do it here is we are in South Florida and the New England teams and New York teams, there’s a a lot of fans out here.

“They have a good fan base themselves. Somehow they make their way into our stadium.”

They “made their way” into the stadium because Dolphins fans haven’t bought enough of the tickets. Just like all those Broncos fans will “make their way” into the stadium to watch Tim Tebow score the winning touchdown with blood on his jersey stand on the sidelines during that notorious reunion of the 2009 Florida Gators.

Meanwhile, we invite Dolphins fans to continue to complain about our assessment that they are the 29th-ranked team in the league right now. If they can concentrate on their keyboards while all those raucous Pats fans try to tell them to be glad the Dolphins aren’t 32nd.

A duplicate thread made me read that article twice. And enjoyed it both times. :)

Pathetic is the word to describe the Fins.

Atleast they have J-Lo!

Will J-Lo and Mark Anthony's 0.00001% ownership share be split up to 0.000005% each or will they still own it together?

I'm sitting at my desk... in Miami... with a Miami fan who I just let read a little bit of that article.

i;m happy to report that he literally looked down, shook his head and walked away. Not a word was uttered. LMAO!!!

:D Miami Blows!!!!

Well between the circus that happened this offseason ( and what seems like every offseason) with our owner interviewing coaches when he has one currently employed, The minority ownerships with washed up celebs and also adding int he fact that we havn't won a playoff game in 10 years and havn't won a SB in 38 years it's really not that shocking that it's hard to get people to show up. My group of friends that watch football all gew up here in South FLA and i'm the only serious Dolphin fan out of the crew. Most of them chose to follow other teams and the rest that "claim" to be Dolphin fans are really just casual fans and couldn't name more than a handfull of players on the team. I was born into this sh*tty fandom because my Grandfather lived close to the Orange Bowl and grew to love the Dolphins which rubbed off on his son, my uncle, which in turn made me a big fin fan. So it is what is. The majority of Dolphin fans stink! BUT i am proud to say i am not part of the problem. GO FINS!

awaiting slow clap standing ovation.

Well between the circus that happened this offseason ( and what seems like every offseason) with our owner interviewing coaches when he has one currently employed, The minority ownerships with washed up celebs and also adding int he fact that we havn't won a playoff game in 10 years and havn't won a SB in 38 years it's really not that shocking that it's hard to get people to show up. My group of friends that watch football all gew up here in South FLA and i'm the only serious Dolphin fan out of the crew. Most of them chose to follow other teams and the rest that "claim" to be Dolphin fans are really just casual fans and couldn't name more than a handfull of players on the team. I was born into this sh*tty fandom because my Grandfather lived close to the Orange Bowl and grew to love the Dolphins which rubbed off on his son, my uncle, which in turn made me a big fin fan. So it is what is. The majority of Dolphin fans stink! BUT i am proud to say i am not part of the problem. GO FINS!

GFY - your team is gay.

Golf clap maybe -- Hey looks like Maria may be giving you guys a big blow job next week -- stay safe

Stop saying that bro....it was just that one time in college.

GFY - your team is gay.

No personal tax please.

At least you got the Heat.

GFY!

Atleast you have the Heat. They promised they were going to win like 7 championships.

Bahahaha! Artificial crowd noise.

Anyways you can't blame the fans for not buying the tickets. Sometimes fans of opposing teams want the tickets and order them ahead of time to ensure they get em, plus the prices are outrageous. You want more home fans and less away fans? Lower the damn prices and watch them actually sell out fast (This goes for Jets and Dolphins). It's easy for someone like Bart Scott who makes ******* 9 million a year to tell us to buy tickets, but the average fan can't afford them anymore. That's the sad reality of the situation.

lol. I haven't been on this board in a while, is Aqua banned? I would love to get his take on this.

What is there to discuss? There are tons of Bahstahn transplants in South Florida and a bunch of people that plan their annual vacations around when their team travles to Miami. It's nothing new.

And I live in Seattle, so it doesn't matter to me.

What is there to discuss? There are tons of Bahstahn transplants in South Florida and a bunch of people that plan their annual vacations around when their team travles to Miami. It's nothing new.

And I live in Seattle, so it doesn't matter to me.

How can you live that far from Miami and call yourself a fan?

Shameful.

Archived