Sanchez-Romo

Obrien2Toon

I'm saying that on over 40% of their drives, Sanchez failed to move the sticks even once before Dallas regained possession... he may have done a decent job at sustaining drives once they got going, but 3-and-outs were plentiful, especially early in the game.

And I'm not talking about the fact that he fumbled, but that he fumbled on a play in which he clearly saw Dallas sending at least 6 and instead of doing something to counter it, chose to turn his back and run laterally with the ball out there for the taking. Horrific play.

This. Its very frustrating.

He can improve. Its just frustrating to see over and over again.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He also failed to gain a 1st down on 5 of the 12 Jets possessions, including one in which he completed a 1-yd pass on a 3rd-and-2.

A 3rd year QB also can't make the mistakes that he did on the play where he nearly fumbled away any chance of a comeback.

I hear you, but that one is on the receiver. He has to know where the sticks are.

Bottom Line-

Sanchez Last year Completion % was around 54%

Sanchez so far this year (only 1 game in...) 59.1%. (Improvement)

Also, look at how far the throws were IN THE AIR as opposed to a three yard throw that had 15 yards YAC.....Sanchez flung the ball in the air farther than he had previously.

The guy has matured and you could see it in his decision making. Better long throws..some of his shorter throws need more work (screens and such).

LL

I hear you, but that one is on the receiver. He has to know where the sticks are.

Are you joking or are you Paul ******* MacGuire? If it's the play I'm thinking of Sanchez hurried because of the rush and threw so low and outside the back had to run out. The best 3rd down conversion was thrown way short of the sticks and almost entirely created by Tomlinson.

Never take your phone to the beach. My ooos and wwws stick

Are you joking or are you Paul ******* MacGuire? If it's the play I'm thinking of Sanchez hurried because of the rush and threw so low and outside the back had to run out. The best 3rd down conversion was thrown way short of the sticks and almost entirely created by Tomlinson.

Never take your phone to the beach. My ooos and wwws stick

I was thinking of the one to Mason where he should've been beyond the marker when he caught it and/or should've been able to get beyond it once he did.

I'm starting to think Sanchez's ceiling is that of a T. Romo level.

Just good enough to not be good enough.

They're very similar QBs. Neither are very accurate or make the big completion when needed. And more importantly are prone to the big mistake.

They both show flashes of potential, but never sustain it.

Especially after watching GB-NO the other night, Sanchez is light-years behing Rodgers and Brees. And I think has no chance of ever being at that level.

This is a comical statement. All Sanchez does is make big completions. He has something you CAN NOT teach, he has ice in his veins and when the pressure is on he shines! I dont understand how after he throws for 335 yds and 2 TD's (Similar numbers to the almighty Philip Rivers except against a better defense) people will still criticize the sh*t out of him. Thank god some people on here don't run this team.

Archived