Expecting To Win

Maxman

podcasts.gif

The Jets culture has changed and they expected to win the game against the Cowboys on Sunday night.  Rex has this team believing that they can get it done even when it doesn’t seem likely.  Gregg Hayim talks about this being one of the most memorable wins and the perfect way to start the season.

The New York Jets Week One Podcast is here and there is a lot to discuss:

• The most important stat of the night:  the Jets are 1 and 0.
  • The awesomeness of Darrelle Revis
  • A 10 point favorite at home?  Jets Jaguars is just ahead…

di</img>di</img>

fK-Y17JqSdg

View the full article

The Jets culture has changed and they expected to win the game against the Cowboys on Sunday night. Rex has this team believing that they can get it done even when it doesn’t seem likely. Gregg Hayim talks about this being one of the most memorable wins and the perfect way to start the season.

The New York Jets Week One Podcast is here and there is a lot to discuss:

• The most important stat of the night: the Jets are 1 and 0.
  • The awesomeness of Darrelle Revis
  • A 10 point favorite at home? Jets \ Jaguars is just ahead…

Listen to the podcast here:

http://jetnation.com/podcasts/2011_2.mp3

you know, I felt the jets were going to win all the way. after sanchez fumbled, I was like "defense gets the ball back, we win" I'm sure I'll be disappointed along the way this season, but that was a game I would have thrown remotes or kicked the cat in prior years

rex has made a believer out of me :-)

The Jets are 1 and 0. Heading to 2 and 0. Heading to 3 and 0.

Okay, I will stop.

I'm right with you Max. No need to stop. It's part of being a fan. When actually looking back on it, the road to the playoffs is just as exciting as the playoffs in itself. So, why not have a little fun during the course of a season, and look into our up coming schedule?

You're 100% correct, there is no reason why we shouldn't be 3-0 heading into our game against the Ravens in Baltimore. The Jets are EXPECTED to beat the Jaguars and Raiders for a reason, and that's because we're a much better football team when compared to most teams out there. In 2009, we started off 3-0... Then dropped to 3-3. If this Jets team starts off 3-0? We have too much team and coaching experience to drop to 3-3. Ravens and NE come up after Oakland... But we have the type of team that should do no worse than 1-1.

I'm right with you Max. No need to stop. It's part of being a fan. When actually looking back on it, the road to the playoffs is just as exciting as the playoffs in itself. So, why not have a little fun during the course of a season, and look into our up coming schedule?

You're 100% correct, there is no reason why we shouldn't be 3-0 heading into our game against the Ravens in Baltimore. The Jets are EXPECTED to beat the Jaguars and Raiders for a reason, and that's because we're a much better football team when compared to most teams out there. In 2009, we started off 3-0... Then dropped to 3-3. If this Jets team starts off 3-0? We have too much team and coaching experience to drop to 3-3. Ravens and NE come up after Oakland... But we have the type of team that should do no worse than 1-1.

I would think about 4 and 1 but ultimately I am looking for 5 and 0! I am getting greedy in my old age.

I would think about 4 and 1 but ultimately I am looking for 5 and 0! I am getting greedy in my old age.

I see no reason why we shouldn't be 4-0 heading into our NE game. These next two games, all I can say is this... We better beat the Jaguars and Raiders. As far as the Ravens go? I just think we're the better overall team. The last time I checked, we have the same style of play... But Baltimore hasn't been to the AFC Championship game during consecutive seasons. We have. That's enough reason for me, to feel that we should beat the Ravens on the road. All I know is this... If we're 4-0 heading into our NE game? Damn, what a feeling that'll be heading into that game. You want 5-0 Max? Why not? We're 3-2 against NE since Rex and Sanchez. Split in 2009 with a rookie QB and 1st year head coach. Split 1-1 during the regular season last year, but actually went into NE... During the PLAYOFFS... And shocked the sports world. That's reason enough, for me to BELIEVE that we can beat NE in Foxboro come week 5.

Exactly.... They really remind me of the pats earlier this decade .. Last 2-3 years they really have the habit of both not giving away games and more importantly winning a bunch that they really had no business winning

Agreed , Pats won a Superbowl letting other teams eventually beat themselves. Just hung in waited for the other team to mess up and just win by a few points. It was their defense that made it happen and ours is getting their.

you know, I felt the jets were going to win all the way. after sanchez fumbled, I was like "defense gets the ball back, we win" I'm sure I'll be disappointed along the way this season, but that was a game I would have thrown remotes or kicked the cat in prior years

rex has made a believer out of me :-)

Larz,

That's exactly how I viewed it as well. Rex is the real deal. That whole game, I just knew they would do something. It's unlike year's past where we would have a lead and in the back of your mind you knew we would screw it up in the 4th quarter.

This team has me believing.

Who is ready for 2 and 0?

I'm ready as ready can be. This fan base is ready as ready can be, and you already know this team is ready as ready can be. Nothing is worse than a letdown.

We're playing at home during our first AFC conference game of the season. In my eyes, we need this game in the worst way, especially considering the fact that we're on the verge of embarking upton an extremely difficult schedule, where our next 3 games will be played on the road against the Raiders on the west coast, followed by two true AFC contenders in Baltimore and New England. We need this game against the Jaguars in the worst way, and I'm pretty sure we'll see the best of the Jets come tomorrow.

As of right now, Jaguars Pro Bowl TE is listed as being doubtful for tomorrow's game. Which is huge, because If Marcedes Lewis doesn't play, it's over for the Jaguars before the game even starts. We've struggled against pass catching TE's under Rex Ryan, and the Jaguars not being able to feature Marcedes Lewis can potentially cripple that Jaguars offense. All I know is this, stop or even contain Maurice Jones-Drew, and the Jaguars offense would be lucky to score 3 FG's. Without a run game, without a 6'6, pro bowl TE in Lewis.... Luke McCown isn't having any success against this Jets defense. None what so ever.

Jones-Drew is scary though, he's 26 and enjoying his golden/prime years of his career. The last time we played, Jones-Drew put up 24 rushes for 123 yards and 1 TD. Now, I'm trying to keep in mind, that back in 2009, we were a first year defense under Rex Ryan. David Garrard also killed us, going 16/26, 221 yards, 1 TD/0 INT's with a QB rating of 101.6. Lewis had a solid game, with two receptions for 58 yards. Another player who really hurt our Jets defense was Sims-Walker, who put up 3 receptions for 49 yards and a TD. We already know that Garrard and Sims-Walker are no longer Jaguars, with Lewis being hurt and probably missing tomorrow's game... There is NO reason why our Jets defense shouldn't dominate this Jaguars offense for 4 quarters strong. Our offense MUST get off to a fast start, put up a good 7-10 points during the 1st quarter (for a change), and the game shouldn't be close from there.

I just listended to the podcast as well. Really enjoyed it myself. I'm pumped just thinking about a 2-0 and potentially 3-0 record heading into our week 4 game against the Ravens in Baltimore.

Archived