16. Roethlisberger (131, 6.6)

17. Vick (130, 11.4)

18. Manning (124, 9.4)

19. Freeman (91, 1.5)

20. Ryan (88, -0.6)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortuantely, that's going to disappoint a lot of people.

You see Sanchez is supposed to suck big time and should not even be on a top 30 list!

Funny, he's also way ahead of the guy people say they wanted in that draft, Josh Freeman, as well as 2010 # 1 pick Sam Bradford. Stafford is, of course, a beast, but we never had any reasonable chance of landing the # 1 pick in that draft.

Funny, he's also way ahead of the guy people say they wanted in that draft, Josh Freeman, as well as 2010 # 1 pick Sam Bradford. Stafford is, of course, a beast, but we never had any reasonable chance of landing the # 1 pick in that draft.

Doesn't hurt to have Megatron to throw to, either.

Sanchez also has an official NFL quarterback rating of 90.9, ranking 14th overall. Not bad for a 3rd year quarterback who only had 1 year of college experience starting with USC.

This kid is still very raw in terms of overall experience, just the fact that he's been able to post a QB rating of 90.9, behind an awful offensive line thus far through 3 weeks is extremely impressive.

His true test of year #3 comes against the Ravens in Baltimore this week.

One thing is for sure, he's impressed, developed and improved in major ways this offseason/regular season, especially considering the fact that he's improved his accuracy despite the fact that he lost Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery during the offseason.

Heading into the season, after two years, he had an average completion % of 54.3. He's up to a completion % of 63.1 as of right now.

After two seasons, he also had an average QB rating of 69.15. He's up to 90.9 during his 3rd year.

After two seasons, he's averaged 14.5 TD's per season. He's on pace for 32 TD's this year.

After two seasons, he's averaged 2867.5 yards per year. As of right now, he's on pace for 4,725 yards.

Anyone who "doesn't" or says they "haven't" seen MAJOR improvement out of Sanchez is either lying to 'prove a point' or refusing to admit that he's improved over night.

When you have a horrible OC that does not making any in game adjustments and has predictable play calling, if the QB still ends up being middle of the pack that does say a lot of the QB's talent!

"Ok guys we're gonna run a screen"

/walks up to line

//recognizes zone coverage

///doesn't audible out of play because dictator OC would castrate him

////throws to LT for 3 yards.

I wanted to pull a Ditka and trade the entire draft for Stafford. My love for Freeman is strictly based on what I've seen in the pro's. I had no opinion of him coming into the draft.

Regarding Sanchez and his improvement, I started him in a fantasy league and he got me 31pts. Eat it.

Last year through the first 3 games his rating was 104.9. Clearly, he is getting worse.

lol I couldn't help myself.

Of course you can't BUT he has been better in every statistical category this year than last except INTs and QBR. His completion % is better, his yards per attempt better, and his total yards. He's the same in TDs.

So he's better in (1) comp%, (2) YPA, (3) YDs

Same in (1) TDs

Worse in (1) QBR, and (2) INTs.

So he's better in more categories than he's worse. See how it's easy to claim you're cherry picking and focusing solely on the negative? ;)

Of course you can't BUT he has been better in every statistical category this year than last except INTs and QBR. His completion % is better, his yards per attempt better, and his total yards. He's the same in TDs.

So he's better in (1) comp%, (2) YPA, (3) YDs

Same in (1) TDs

Worse in (1) QBR, and (2) INTs.

So he's better in more categories than he's worse. See how it's easy to claim you're cherry picking and focusing solely on the negative? ;)

All categories are not equal. The ones you cherry-pick are less important than the ones I cherry-pick. Duh.

All categories are not equal. The ones you cherry-pick are less important than the ones I cherry-pick. Duh.

Ahhh, got it.

QBR & INTs are more important than completion %, YPA, and total yds. Got it. I'm going to hold you to that. :D

"Ok guys we're gonna run a screen"

/walks up to line

//recognizes zone coverage

///doesn't audible out of play because dictator OC would castrate him

////throws to LT for 3 yards.

That's what horrible OC's do, not make any adjustments. And it has boiled to a point where leaders on this team like Holmes are making it known to the media!

But against the Ravens last year, he only put up a QB rating of 56.4 going 10/21, 74 yards, completion % of 47.6% and 0 TD's/0 INT's. We lost that game because of Sanchez. We may have been 2-1 after 3 games last year, as we are after 3 games this year... But Sanchez has yet to "lose" us a game this season. He blew that game against the Ravens last year, but I'm willing to bet that he has a MUCH better performance this Sunday against that Ravens defense when compared to last year. Just more signs of Sanchez improving.

After 3 games last year: 46/79, 550 yards, completion % of 57.0, 6.9 yards per pass attempt, 6 TD's/0 INT's.

Keep in mind... Our offensive line and rushing attack were much better after 3 games last season when compared to this year thus far. It's actually been horrible this year, which makes the overall stats of Sanchez "that much more impressive".

After 3 games this year: 70/111, 886 yards, completion % of 63.1, 7.9 yards per pass attempt, 6 TD's/4 INT's.

It's obvious that Sanchez is a much better QB as of right now, when compared to last year.

You can look at his 4 INT's and QB rating as a way to harp all over Sanchez all you like, but anyone who knows anything about Jets football will look at the facts that Sanchez has played behind an AWFUL offensive line this year, has had no rushing attack what so ever, three new WR's in Plaxico, Mason and Kerley and once again... An awful offensive line.

Sanchez has improved. The offensive line hasn't. It's as simple as that.

That's what horrible OC's do, not make any adjustments. And it has boiled to a point where leaders on this team like Holmes are making it known to the media!

Sanchez supposedly has all this freedom in the system. If he knew it was zone you're telling me they don't have plays to beat zone he could audible to? It's 50/50

Sanchez supposedly has all this freedom in the system. If he knew it was zone you're telling me they don't have plays to beat zone he could audible to? It's 50/50

I honestly think the problem is that Burress is a Trojan horse that isn't actually fooling anybody. The book is out on Sanchez. Everybody knows perfectly well that if his primary receiver is covered he's either going to check it down or double-clutch and chuck the ball right into traffic, so if we're ever going to get Holmes the ball we need a credible threat opposite him and it's pretty clear nobody is taking Burress all that seriously as such. Nobody is going to give Holmes a chance to kill them, so he's just gonna have to do like the rest of us and hope Keller can get it done.

I honestly think the problem is that Burress is a Trojan horse that isn't actually fooling anybody. The book is out on Sanchez. Everybody knows perfectly well that if his primary receiver is covered he's either going to check it down or double-clutch and chuck the ball right into traffic, so if we're ever going to get Holmes the ball we need a credible threat opposite him and it's pretty clear nobody is taking Burress all that seriously as such. Nobody is going to give Holmes a chance to kill them, so he's just gonna have to do like the rest of us and hope Keller can get it done.

Agreed, and Mason isn't scaring anyone.

Archived