How Sanchez should handle the Ravens. By Chad Pennington

JiFtheOracle

No you are missing the point... Mr. Chang could be the director.

and that is all he is doing... he is not claiming he will go out this week and beat them he is talking about how Sanchez can.

As is any advice... even if Chad beat them himself last season his advice would be purely theoretical this season.

needle.jpg

Easy on Chad men, in my opinion Chad was a great quarterback with a weak arm. When he was working for the Jets , he wasn't givien much of a chace with( at the time) a terrible OL. He was a play general with pen point throws and field vision.A playaction master that got everyone involed. I would love to see him as quaterback coach some day.

I'm a great quarterback with weak talent.

I hated Chad as a QB. Hated him at his peak, hated him as he declined, hated him in his first season when he stepped in even though we turned around and made the playoffs under him. He always always always took the easy meat no matter what the situation called for. Chad Pennington was a gatherer on the field, not a hunter. And man did I despise him for that.

With that said, this is a good article and he has made good points. Mark will have to overcome the wave of intensity early in the game. The crowd will be in it, it will be loud, the Ravens will be agressive, and they will try to make a big play early. Mark has to be calm and collected and weather the moment and then he can start taking over the game.

bahahahahahhaahahha..

As someone already said you don't need to be able to physically perform a task in order to know how to execute it.

I'm pretty sure Rex can't beat Matt Light to get to Brady but his knowledge and plan helped the Jets do just that last January.

Your silly vendetta consistently clouds your judgement.. so Chad couldn't throw a ball through a brick wall... get over it.

As someone already said you don't need to be able to physically perform a task in order to know how to execute it.

I'm pretty sure Rex can't beat Matt Light to get to Brady but his knowledge and plan helped the Jets do just that last January.

Your silly vendetta consistently clouds your judgement.. so Chad couldn't throw a ball through a brick wall... get over it.

Again, I'm argueing that his strategy.. cower, cover your eyes and hope they screw up.. doesn't work against good teams.. So, not only can he not physically execute it, but he does not know how to beat good teams. He knows how to beat bad ones..

RELEVANT

539w.jpg

Pedroia.jpg

all defenses hate the no huddle hurry up. you can't do it the whole game, of course, but the jets would be wise to use it early and try to add fatigue to the game, try to make ngata go side line to sideline with no break

you have to make first downs for it to work

and have an OC with balls

ok, forget I mentioned it

As you watch film, you see the pass-rush ability of Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata and the defensive line as well as the instinctive plays made by Ed Reed. And no, I'm not forgetting the intensity and leadership of Ray Lewis. Everybody focuses on his intensity and game-day theatrics, but I admire his knowledge, preparation and love of the game. Most of his career, the linebacker has been the leader for the Ravens. Period. Name another team as successful as the Ravens where its bonafide leader is not the quarterback. I can't think of one. He has leadership qualities that quarterbacks normally display and that's extremely rare.

I agree with Pennington here. Suggs and Ngata do provide one hell of a pass rush. Combine that with Reed and Lewis, and these guys form one hell of an overall defensive unit, but don't forget about Brian Urlacher of the Bears Chad Pennington. The Bears haven't been as successful as the Ravens, but they've been close, and there is no doubt about it... Brian Urlacher has been Chicago's bonafide leader over the years.

Pass protection is first when attacking the Ravens. This defense has always been known for pressuring the quarterback. Sanchez and his offense must be locked into identifying multiple fronts. This recognition is key for the offensive line, running backs and wide receivers. Teams who protect well have all 11 offensive players working together. Baltimore will try to create one-on-one matchups for Suggs and Ngata. An offensive lineman who has to deal with one of these Pro Bowlers must know where his help is. Does it come from another lineman? Is the running back supposed to help me? Or am I on my own? There is no doubt that this task is for a full 60 minutes!

Pennington is spot on. He hit the nail on the head. Sanchez and especially the Jets offensive line must communicate with eachother as a team. We must identify possible Raven threats pre-snap. This is a game where offensive audibles and adjustments must be made before snapping the football against this Ravens defense.

Mark Sanchez must identify the location of Ed Reed every play.

I agree 100%. I think we all agree 100%. Reed has 2 int's this season with 56 INT's during his HOF career. We can't allow Reed the chance to take over this game, with game changing plays and or momentum killing drives. Hopefully Sanchez takes the advice of Pennington in regards to always knowing where Ed Reed is on the field, because if not, it'll become a long Sunday of dissapoitrment.

Unfortunately, I know this fact all too well! In that same 2008 playoff game, Reed had two of my four interceptions. His second interception was because of my poor assumption. While playing a deep safety in Cover 2 on the right side of the field, he completely left his responsibility and intercepted me on the left side of the field.

This is what I like and respect about Chad Pennington, the analyst. He doesn't allow his pride to prevent himself from admitting his flaws as a former quarterback. I actually enjoy the ways Pennington speaks about the game of football.

Because of their pass-rushing ability and Reed's unpredictability, an offense cannot afford to get behind. When the Ravens defense plays with a 10-point lead or more, watch out! The pass rush becomes ridiculous, and Ed Reed is all over the place!

Exactly. As Pennington has pointed out, this Ravens defense is way too strong for an offense to fall behind against. Our defense has to be on it's 'A' game come Sunday night. Our defense has to protect Sanchez and our Jets offense without possibly Nick Mangold. I'd love to see the Jets jump off to an early 7 point lead. It's been hard to watch during two of our first 3 games. I believe both Dallas and Oakland marched down the field for opening drive TD's. That can't happen against this Ravens team. Our defense must come prepared.

The Jets offense can present matchup problems for the Ravens. The speed of Santonio Holmes, versatility of Dustin Keller and size of Plaxico Burress can be an advantage. Don't forget about savvy vet Derek Mason. He knows this Ravens' team. Its guaranteed he'll have some tricks up his sleeve. The dark horse matchup for the Jets is LaDainian Tomlinson. LT is still a beast in the passing game. Creating matchups for Tomlinson with motion and formations will put added pressure on the Ravens. The Jets must use "routes on the move" where LT can catch the ball running and turn short routes into big gains.

Not much to argue with or even disagree with here. We have to stretch the Ravens defense out with Santonio Holmes. Dustin Keller is a player who can dominate any defense when involved in our passing attack and Plaxico Burress is a player we MUST feature in our game plan. I'm not sure what Mason has to offer our offense, but LT is another X-Factor waiting to happen come Sunday night.

Call me crazy, but I really enjoy what Pennington has to say in regards to football.

Archived