Mark Sanchez

Joewillie2k12

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Throws at least one easy pick per week.

Hopefully they fire Schotty soon... Kill the scapegoat and then when Sanchez still makes abysmally stupid decisions, we can move on.

Sadly, SOJ.

This. He needs to be fired so we can get on with Sanchez and either scream for joy or just remain typical Jets fans.

Dunno what everyone's worked up about. I had a great time tonight. I despise Sanchez and I'm rooting for him to fail, so seeing my favorite team lose in ignominious fashion fills me with perverse pleasure.

You can have it when T0m's done.

Of course. It's the natural order of things. I just hope it happens soon.

Protection was crap tonight, but they blitzed the hell out of us because they knew Sanchez couldn't beat it. Then, when he has time, he throws a moronic pick 6.

I imagine it's not a record, but 3 TD's for the wrong team by the QB has to be close to a record.

It's also the right thing to do... Schotty's offense sucked with Pennington and Favre, 2 accomplished QBs running it. Not to open another whole can of worms, but its not like the interceptions are exclusive to Sanchez. I'm pretty confident, without looking it up, that Pennington has the most INTs in one season of his career with Schotty, Favre too... which is saying something on both accounts... once because Penny was accurate, and two because Favre has LOTS of INTs and still managed to get the most in his one year here.

Sanchez has done enough in this league to warrant a shot under another coordinator before throwing in the towel... more importantly, he needs the Jets FO to remember how important the O-line is...

The offensive line was the main problem, but anybody playing the "you can't blame Sanchez game" is over the top. The pick six was a disgrace. It was obvious. He never looked off and just threw it right out to Webb. If he knew the Ravens were going to hit him, then why did he keep spitting the ball up?

Also, regarding our great weapons: Plaxico and Holmes spend the fourth quarter waving at the ball with one hand. Holmes could have at least stepped up and tried to fight for the ball on the pick six. Keller dogged it on a couple. Weak.

Wilson's improving though, and hopefully Wilkerson will pan out.

Keyed in a lot on him tonight, looked great. Solid rookie campaign so far all around actually. When a dude's this capable of run-of-the-mill OL off the bat it speaks volumes. Really knows how to use that frame of his too, by no means is he the project that some were framing him to be.

It's also the right thing to do... Schotty's offense sucked with Pennington and Favre, 2 accomplished QBs running it. Not to open another whole can of worms, but its not like the interceptions are exclusive to Sanchez. I'm pretty confident, without looking it up, that Pennington has the most INTs in one season of his career with Schotty, Favre too... which is saying something on both accounts... once because Penny was accurate, and two because Favre has LOTS of INTs and still managed to get the most in his one year here.

Sanchez has done enough in this league to warrant a shot under another coordinator before throwing in the towel... more importantly, he needs the Jets FO to remember how important the O-line is...

By what statistical measure did the Jets offense suck with Favre? Even the most rabid anti-Schottenheimer people take the effort to claim that Favre wouldn't run Schottie's offense and scored in spit of him. They don't just make sh*t up out of whole cloth.

By what statistical measure did the Jets offense suck with Favre? Even the most rabid anti-Schottenheimer people take the effort to claim that Favre wouldn't run Schottie's offense and scored in spit of him. They don't just make sh*t up out of whole cloth.

Favre had 22 TDs and 22 INTs. Thats not good.

My memories not a Steel Trap, but I remember Favre being pretty good for us until he tore his bicep, which always gets left out of that conversation.

As for Pennington, he got Hackett, Heimerdinger, and schotty to suck under. He then was ok as a WR in the Wildcat and got blown up when he had to play for real.

As for Sanchez, he'll get his shot, but then what? I don't think Shotty is telling him to stare down wr's and throw abysmally stupid balls. I wouldn't be complaining as much if a few were good throws where the DB made a play. They weren't. They were the hopeful chucks of a QB with no vision.

I know what your getting at... I'll clarify... the Jets offense sucked with Favre when they couldn't score down the stretch against the worst defenses in football at the time.

I know Favre changed plays in the huddle, and scored in spite of Schotty... and they put up some numbers, in bunches... but in general, it was the same predictable, sh*tty offense we were running, with a guy that just wouldn't let it not work in Favre.

And 30 points per game until his injury. Or was that a fallacy?

I dont know about 30 points a game and not saying its a fallacy. Favre had his bad games before injury. Overall, the isue was that Favre was worse under Schitty than the previous & following year.

My memories not a Steel Trap, but I remember Favre being pretty good for us until he tore his bicep, which always gets left out of that conversation.

As for Pennington, he got Hackett, Heimerdinger, and schotty to suck under. He then was ok as a WR in the Wildcat and got blown up when he had to play for real.

As for Sanchez, he'll get his shot, but then what? I don't think Shotty is telling him to stare down wr's and throw abysmally stupid balls. I wouldn't be complaining as much if a few were good throws where the DB made a play. They weren't. They were the hopeful chucks of a QB with no vision.

This. I'm one of the all-time Schottenheimer haters, but I don't get how you're supposed to dog a dude when the QB is this bad. This would be like if you were ripping Will. I. Am. for not getting William Hung to make a good rap album.

This. I'm one of the all-time Schottenheimer haters, but I don't get how you're supposed to dog a dude when the QB is this bad. This would be like if you were ripping Will. I. Am. for not getting William Hung to make a good rap album.

Dr. Dre could do it.

The real test: can they see Tannenbaum is an accountant playing football-guy with big shiny names instead of building a real team?

FWIW, Kris Jenkins killed the Jets on Twitter, saying that Tannenbaum got rid of everyone who had "heart" or something.

The roster is so top-heavy with salaries that 2/3rds of the roster is filled with UDFA/CFL-quality talent now, which is fine as long as you don't have injuries. Unfortunately, the Jets' luck with avoiding injury has run out, it seems.

Throwing in the towel yet? There's no way you're still hitting the same point on the pendulum at least at this point.

With McElroy gone, there's not even much point in recruiting anymore. Even I think Sanchez gives us a better chance than Brunell. At least the blind-hope crowd buys themselves a couple extra weeks before totally giving up on the season.

Throwing in the towel yet? There's no way you're still hitting the same point on the pendulum at least at this point.

**** Sanchez that ahole.

But besides that, I dont understand the revisionist history with Schitty and Favre. People forget the bad early games with offendive struggles and Favre having to tell Schitty to stop with the stupid presnap motion because it eas screwing him up. Favre underperformed overall because of Schitty. Im not blaming that purely on the injury.

Btw, serious question: Has anyone here ever heard an analyst or player not on the Jets' payroll actually say that Sanchez was anything more than "good"? Whenever Sanchez's name comes up, every player/coach talks about him like he's a three-legged puppy.

Btw, serious question: Has anyone here ever heard an analyst or player not on the Jets' payroll actually say that Sanchez was anything more than "good"? Whenever Sanchez's name comes up, every player/coach talks about him like he's a three-legged puppy.

Hes getting the Eli Manning treatment.

The main difference is that the fans and media are more critical for the Jets.

Archived