Mark Sanchez

Joewillie2k12

The funny thing is how the OLine double fisting screw ups. They either get blown over or have miscommunication which let guys like Ngata run free. The Brick & Vlad deciding not to block Ngata was comical.

Vlad had the angle and the footing right off the snap on that one, can't blame Brick for switching off at all. I'd certainly hope that we're not going down the lane of "since Brick was the 4th overall pick, he's supposed to be making up for the guard sucking a$$" again. I thought we put that one to bed a long time ago.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm, yeah junior, after 10 years of coaching high school football, I think I understand that.

Do you understand basic math?

Let me explain it for you.

If you have 5 guys blocking their 4, even though one of them is a blitzing LB, the QB isn't supposed to have a guy in his face as soon as he comes out of a 7 step drop.

7 step drop? He was getting pressure on 3 step drops. I'm not saying Sanchez is the #1 problem, but you don't have screw ups that bad when the QB is doing his job. The QB has a job to do even under pressure. 3 and out shouldn't be a relief. It doesn't seem like he is reading the play well pre-snap. The first strip sack he apparently didn't know Reed was coming. Reed did not get there very quickly considering he was unblocked. On the pick he should have seen the corner. There were plenty of plays where the CBs were off of the WRs, Burress in particular, but if they rotate up you can't throw that.

Vlad had the angle and the footing right off the snap on that one, can't blame Brick for switching off at all. I'd certainly hope that we're not going down the lane of "since Brick was the 4th overall pick, he's supposed to be making up for the guard sucking a$$" again. I thought we put that one to bed a long time ago.

Yeah, that was on Vlad. Blocking assignments are more complex, but it surprises me that anyone would think to "hand off" elite players like Ngata or Suggs. Sometimes it's best to go old school--You see that guy? You get him.

Ummm, yeah junior, after 10 years of coaching high school football, I think I understand that.

Do you understand basic math?

Let me explain it for you.

If you have 5 guys blocking their 4, even though one of them is a blitzing LB, the QB isn't supposed to have a guy in his face as soon as he comes out of a 7 step drop.

I am guessing you had your shoes and socks off to perform higher math? :lol:

A rookie QB.

Look, I understand he did not play well last night ... I said that in the post.

But fumbles and missed passes are also a product of having to do things much faster than you're used to.

The two fumbled snaps were terrible on his part.

You want to say the int that was returned was a bad decision, I won't disagree, although again he literally had no time to throw.

The two fumbles that went for scores were not his fault. He was in the act of throwing on both, and literally had no time.

When is it his fault?

And he's a 3rd year guy and wasnt very good as a 2nd year guy behind an elite OL either.

Yeah, that was on Vlad. Blocking assignments are more complex, but it surprises me that anyone would think to "hand off" elite players like Ngata or Suggs. Sometimes it's best to go old school--You see that guy? You get him.

There's some truth to this. Schott's moved Brick around like that a few times in the past and he's probably the one LT in the league with feet fast enough to do that, but the difference between then and now is you could actually count on the other guys to make up for the rest. Baltimore has so much up front, I don't even know if that makes a difference. You're just trading out Brick if you take that route and Vlad or Slauson gets beat by Redding or McClain anyways.

When is it his fault?

And he's a 3rd year guy and wasnt very good as a 2nd year guy behind an elite OL either.

If you read my post, I think I did point out when it was his fault.

My point is a quarterback ALWAYS looks 10 times worse when the offensive line plays like ours is playing right now and you have an OC who can't adjust "on the fly".

Look I'm not sure Sanchez will ever be what most people refer to as an "Elite QB", especially if "elite" means Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees.

But he only needs to be good enough to win, and I think under the right circumstances, he can be that.

Maybe I'm wrong... I know the jury is still out for most people.

If you read my post, I think I did point out when it was his fault.

My point is a quarterback ALWAYS looks 10 times worse when the offensive line plays like ours is playing right now and you have an OC who can't adjust "on the fly".

Look I'm not sure Sanchez will ever be what most people refer to as an "Elite QB", especially if "elite" means Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees.

But he only needs to be good enough to win, and I think under the right circumstances, he can be that.

Maybe I'm wrong... I know the jury is still out for most people.

I agree w/ this but its no excuse. Still need to be competitive, which currently, they are not.

The first strip sack he apparently didn't know Reed was coming. Reed did not get there very quickly considering he was unblocked.

Sanchez ******* pump-faked. On a one step drop. It's not Schottenheimer's fault. It's not the line's fault. Sanchez is a stupid idiot who can't play.

Sanchez ******* pump-faked. On a one step drop. It's not Schottenheimer's fault. It's not the line's fault. Sanchez is a stupid idiot who can't play.

Ha! Did anyone that watches the Jets not know that we would open with a skinny post to Holmes on the right side of the field? I called it.

The pump fake was a head scratcher, but not knowing where Ed Reed was on the very first play might make me dig a whole in my head I'm scratching so hard.

Go back and watch the play.

It wasn't a one step drop, it was a 3 step drop, and the primary receiver on the play was the H-Back, Keller, who was slow coming off the ball and into the route and subsequently didn't have his head turned to look for the ball as quickly as he should have. Thus the pump, and the look to the secondary receiver Holmes who was on a quick post on the same side.

Poor play by Keller who was walking through the play.

Poor play design not having the single set back pick up the blind side blitz.

Poor job by Sanchez just not throwing the ball away on a 3 step drop drop when Keller wasn't an option, especially with no blind side blitz protection.

I guess it's time to start the anti Sanchez society. How about a$$'S.

The Anti Sanchez Secret Society

Sounds good. This is just a working title for those who think Sanchez is a player... I'm sure it'll be refined.

Sanchez Throws Unthinkable Passes, but I Don't care.

Ha! Did anyone that watches the Jets not know that we would open with a skinny post to Holmes on the right side of the field? I called it.

The pump fake was a head scratcher, but not knowing where Ed Reed was on the very first play might make me dig a whole in my head I'm scratching so hard.

Knowing where Ed Reed is doesn't have anything to do with anything. Reed was lined up as a free rusher on the back side. You ignore that guy no matter who it is because he's not in any position to make a play. He's coming in unblocked by design. The strip sack didn't happen because Reed is so wonderful. It happened because Sanchez held the ball too long. He's supposed to throw it away when the receiver doesn't get inside leverage. There's no time for the pump-fake horsesh*t.

my problem with Sanchez is he doesn't minimize bad situations. He "maximizes" them

for example Ed reed is coming free on a blitz. a sack and a punt if far preferable to a strip sack and TD. People assume just cause the OL is bad that the QB is excused for coughing it up. He has to take care of the ball, period.

let's be real Mark's mistakes led to 21 defensive points and they lost by 17. Yes yes OL sucked. but he's gotta do better than that.

This is a great post, bit.

Part of Sanchez's problem is that there are few 'little mistakes', and so many monumentally stupid ones.

Take a sack, throw the ball away, just protect the football. This league is about passing and turnovers. When Sanchez isn't playing against soft coverage with little pressure, he minimizes his passing, and maximizes his turning the ball over. Disaster.

Knowing where Ed Reed is doesn't have anything to do with anything. Reed was lined up as a free rusher on the back side. You ignore that guy no matter who it is because he's not in any position to make a play. He's coming in unblocked by design. The strip sack didn't happen because Reed is so wonderful. It happened because Sanchez held the ball too long. He's supposed to throw it away when the receiver doesn't get inside leverage. There's no time for the pump-fake horsesh*t.

Remember when you told me we were better than the Lions? Fun times.

More importantly though, you're right, it's like he has some physical skill, but not even a fleeting clue how to play the game. I guess throwing deep to wide open WRs while under no pressure for 16 games wasn't the best prep for the NFL.

Ummm, yes it does. He didnt even know he was there, so he pumped faked, instead of knowing he had to get rid of it when the reciever didnt get open (thought it was Holmes but some was saying Keller).

Sure, you let him come free...but he didnt even know he was there coming free. If he did, you'd think he'd be smart enough to know he didnt have time to pump fake, so either throw the ball away or cover it up and take the sack.

So while I get that it doesnt neccessarly have to do with Ed Reed per say, knowing that said player was there, coming free and it happens to be Ed Reed who you should be looking for the second you get behind the center, is unacceptable.

You dickhead.

jailbreak blitz is not the time for a pump fake.

also there were time holmes was running free deep he was locked in on plexico

bottom line he and revis are the 2 guys getting paid like super stars and mark isn't living up to his salary. that overpaid article was dead on they pay him 50 million dollars to be the Jets QB and guys are talking like the OC made him fumble the ball...

he's gotta do better.

I tried explaining to a certain unnamed poster last night that a good QB that makes good pre-snap reads, varies his snap counts, and gets rid of the ball quickly can really help out his OL.

Wasn't buying it.

I can't knock Sanchez for this game. His center and guards were getting blown up right in his face. The RBs couldn't move an inch. The three times he tried to help them with a hard-count, he got false starts from Hunter, Ducasse and Brick. Then his recievers quit on him. He took a sh*tload of hits and kept getting up. I'm not a Mark Sanchez fan, but fair is fair. He never had a chance.

jailbreak blitz is not the time for a pump fake.

also there were time holmes was running free deep he was locked in on plexico

bottom line he and revis are the 2 guys getting paid like super stars and mark isn't living up to his salary. that overpaid article was dead on they pay him 50 million dollars to be the Jets QB and guys are talking like the OC made him fumble the ball...

he's gotta do better.

We overpaid for Santonio too. And that has nothing to do with Holmes himself, but the fact that we cannot make use of his abilities.

I was a huge fan of Stafford coming out, wanted pull a Ditka and trade the entire draft for him...but while he makes some amazing plays...how hard is it to throw into triple coverage to a receiver that just will out jump everyone?

lol - Stafford has a luxury very few QB's have and it helps him a great deal.

Freeman on the other hand making chicken salad out of chicken sh*t, is impressive.

Lately Freeman's been making chicken sh*t, pal.

Lately Freeman's been making chicken sh*t, pal.

If you just look at the INT to TD ratio...sure, doesnt look great. Definitely not taking care of it the way he did last year.

Otherwise, your nuts. He's led two comebacks and has his team at 2-1.

Watch him tonight. Its night and day between a player like him and Sanchez.

If you just look at the INT to TD ratio...sure, doesnt look great. Definitely not taking care of it the way he did last year.

Otherwise, your nuts. He's led two comebacks and has his team at 2-1.

Watch him tonight. Its night and day between a player like him and Sanchez.

He'll be playing against maybe the worst defense in the league, he effin' well better look better than Sanchez did last night. He could throw for 500+ yards and 7 TDs tonight, it won't prove anything regarding Sanchez.

Archived