*****Mafia Game Thread: The Matrix*****

JustInFudge

Town

1.Neo – known to town minus Cypher, no special powers - AVM

2.Morpheus – BodyGuard, Neo can not die while Morpheus is alive, Morpheus can only protect Neo, Morpheus dies in Neo's place, this cannot be role blocked. - SMC

3.Trinity – cop - CTM

4.Apoc – roleless - BG

5.Dozer – day time doc - Hess

6.Tank – day time killer but can only kill Cypher 100%, any other attempt will be a coin flip and he does not know this - Slats

7.Mouse – roleless - Verbal

8.Switch – roleless - Ape

9.Oracle – watcher - Crusher

10.Women in Red – virtual whore - Doggin - can proposition 1 player a night for virtual sex, said person will be seen visiting, the person who visits will find out Women in Red is town and they get laid

11.White Rabbit Girl -roleless - Wombat

12.Spoon Boy – JF80 - roleless, but wants to bang the Oracle so he has to flirt with Crusher enough for my pleasing.

Mafia

1.Cypher – symp - Vic - with a single day time killing ability that cant be used until recruited but only has 100% chance on Morpheus. The rest will be coin flips, he does not know this.

2.Agent Smith – roleblocker can not role block Morpheus – JetsCode

3.Agent Brown - tracker - Brett

4.Agent Jones – recruiter of symp - Pac

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeesh. As much as it pains me to say this, i think you did a good job Jif.

And ftr, I have learned I hate being scum. Its exhausting. I play mafia with the endurance of a sprinter, and being scum is like running a marathon.

I hate it too. SUCKs... That being said.. I OWNED YOU... haha

No chest thumping for me guys. Ultimately, I'm just glad I didn't **** it all up for town... lol.

JIF, thanks for a cool setup. Everyone, I'm glad we decided to play a game in the football season, it has made the Jets struggles a bit more bearable.

No chest thumping for me guys. Ultimately, I'm just glad I didn't **** it all up for town... lol.

JIF, thanks for a cool setup. Everyone, I'm glad we decided to play a game in the football season, it has made the Jets struggles a bit more bearable.

You slowed down just in time apeface/. WELL DONE

Yeesh. As much as it pains me to say this, i think you did a good job Jif.

And ftr, I have learned I hate being scum. Its exhausting. I play mafia with the endurance of a sprinter, and being scum is like running a marathon.

Your fake reveal was awesome. Had me pulling my hair out. I almost countered with Deputy Cop - was going to say it was why I had no problem hammering CTM, and that I got RB'ed N4, looked at AVM N5 to make sure AVM wasn't a GF and looked at you N6... but I decided to counter with case work instead. Seriously made me work double-overtime. Hahaha...

Your fake reveal was awesome. Had me pulling my hair out. I almost countered with Deputy Cop - was going to say it was why I had no problem hammering CTM, and that I got RB'ed N4, looked at AVM N5 to make sure AVM wasn't a GF and looked at you N6... but I decided to counter with case work instead. Seriously made me work double-overtime. Hahaha...

I knew it was gonna get me lynched, I didn't have a chance 1 on 1 against you. What I was trying to do was set-up a WIFOM so Vic had a chance to get AVM to lynch you. Oh well.

GG.. thanks jif, was a ton of fun...

kudos to crusher for nailing brett d1, legit

Thanx

That really was a fun game. Those are the games I miss. Just complicated enough but at the same time still mafia at it's finest. The players make the game not the other way around.

WELL DONE BUP-Z

brett- > a defense for ape's why wait to announce scum arguement would've been that you didn't want to eliminate yourself from pool of possible neo's... that beign said, you were toast anyway.. i think avm knew and wanted to see if vic / bg implicated themselves... i was surprised vic didn't vote you/case you right away...

You slowed down just in time apeface/. WELL DONE

Thanks big fella - glad we were on the same team. Sorry I had to come at you early, but sometimes pressing on crumby meta cases like I was doing draws out the vermin... as we saw.

This was a great team win. CTM's gambit by saying AVM was town on like D3 was SUPER ballsy... couldn't believe he did that.

Thanks big fella - glad we were on the same team. Sorry I had to come at you early, but sometimes pressing on crumby meta cases like I was doing draws out the vermin... as we saw.

This was a great team win. CTM's gambit by saying AVM was town on like D3 was SUPER ballsy... couldn't believe he did that.

Pac saw through that btw.

I was convinced Ape was symp when he listed 2 scum out of 3 on D1.

I actually had all 4 of you on D1 - voted you first, Vic second, Pac third... and told JC he was scum when he asked me who I thought was scum. Hess, Crusher and CTM were my shiny objects though...

This was a great team win. CTM's gambit by saying AVM was town on like D3 was SUPER HAIRY ballsy... couldn't believe he did that.

FIXED

before the town gets too giddy blowing themselves we've known who Neo is for days and even shot at him todays phase (which failed).

JiFruitcake just decided to put more kevlar on him than a LAPD swat team. oh well..

yeah, numbnuts, you figured him out by tracking smc 2 nights ago.. that was the first part of the problem, killing him was the next.. you guys were very rolled up

The Mods perspective.

Honestly, I really enjoyed this. Sitting back and watching everyone play is such an interesting perspective. You have the way you'd think you'd play with their role and then you see how they play it out. Its was great fun. Especially in a set up like this where you couldnt just go around playing your normal game.

AVM, BG, SMC - all played their roles perfectly. All 3 stayed under the radar to damn near end game. With the scum having a Tracker and Role Blocker, that was huge because getting attention and drawing the tracker could have made it an up hill battle for the town.

Crushlove - unreal instincts this game. He PM'ed me the whole team.

CTM - played the cop perfectly. Got the Ape cleared early and rode him hard to try and stay off the radar of the scum team. Which he did. It was out of no where that Pac decided to fake reveal he got a guilty on CTM and it just so happened that CTM (his arch nemesis) was the real cop, who got a guilty on JC that night. This is where it got interesting. It got the mafia the cop, but it also got the town the 2 Agents at a time when they all remained alive. Probably what did it in for the Agents.

Slats - poor guy. Picked to kill Pac twice but my coin was not giving out any love. Oh yeah, except for when Vic picked Slats for a 2nd time and killed him. lol.

Agents - Honestly, I thought you guys were going to cruise to victory. Then the reveal back fired with CTM getting a guilty that night. But the Ape gave you hope. The right choice was to kill Pac and give CTM another investigation. It pretty much kept the Agents in the game. But, at the end, the Ape pulled it together and literally almost wrote out my whole set up. Vic played great. under the radar and great signals to the team. Kudos.

That was fun guys.

MVP - AVM

2 extra kills in a game with 12 town isn't significant?

A town with 2 docs, a body guard, a cop, a large number of confirmed innocents... eh, not really.

I think the balance was fine, typically anytime it comes down to 3 its pretty damn close to balanced. I would just hesitate to say we had a DK and a NK.. it was half a DK and a NK, with the DK being dependant on finding Vic first... which we're lucky we did N1.

A town with 2 docs, a body guard, a cop, a large number of confirmed innocents... eh, not really.

I think the balance was fine, typically anytime it comes down to 3 its pretty damn close to balanced. I would just hesitate to say we had a DK and a NK.. it was half a DK and a NK, with the DK being dependant on finding Vic first... which we're lucky we did N1.

yeah, but vic smartly signaled, and you did a great job finding it... i agree with was balanced.. the dk should've been nerfed, it's a shame you went 0 for 2 on last 2 days, I'm sure that stings..

edit: also the amount of protections was also a hinderance, given the tracking ability.. AVM wasn't on your radar really at all when you tracked SMC to him

before the town gets too giddy blowing themselves we've known who Neo is for days and even shot at him todays phase (which failed).

JiFruitcake just decided to put more kevlar on him than a LAPD swat team. oh well..

Whatever.

I did like this post by Brett:

JC-- If Neo is going to go the whole game without a townie throwing a vote on him, this game is going to be a breeze.

hahahaha

Good setup Jif...

the only thing I take exception to is you saying that my claim "got them 2 agents" and "did us in".

everyone was gearing up to lynch me so I decided to go out on my own terms. It just so happened that miserable wretch CTM happened to investigate JC the night before otherwise it would have been perfect.

Seriuosly, it was the luck of the draw. Had the coin flipped another way, you'd have won. You guy modded the game to much and make statements like "no way" I'd give him another protection. Ofcourse I would, what if Slats accidently took out SMC or Hess?

yeah, but vic smartly signaled, and you did a great job finding it... i agree with was balanced.. the dk should've been nerfed, it's a shame you went 0 for 2 on last 2 days, I'm sure that stings..

edit: also the amount of protections was also a hinderance, given the tracking ability.. AVM wasn't on your radar really at all when you tracked SMC to him

Thats what it came down to...SMC, BG and AVM...they werent on their radars at all. If they were, this game would have been different.

I can't see how this possibly isn't Vic. Last week his actions seemed really off, I just didn't want to say anything at the time. I'm kinda torn, because Vic is my boy #1, and #2 I always want everyone to get a chance to defend themselves....but I feel pretty confident. No "your my boy trust me!" from Vic, or "I'll quit if I'm lying" from the Ape are going to sway me this game though...just gotta look at it straight forward.

I will say...when the Ape suddenly stopped referring to me, BG, and VIc as a group of three...and then just started pandering to me and BG as the innocents, it pinged me a bit. It was one of those small things, which didn't really bother me because at the time I was leaning Vic/Brett as the final 2 but it was odd.

However...if the Ape was scum, I think he'd leave BG alive. I can just see him in the QT talking about me voting him just because I wouldn't kill Vic :tongue:

Add in the fact that early in the game I stated I didn't trust BG whatsoever, even though I did. I actually trusted BG third most. Doggin was confirmed to me, I felt super super confident about Pac (fail), and BG was next. It was set-up perfectly for the Ape to leave BG. Vics also seemed rather disenchanted with this game, much like the last time he was converted I think. Of course, he could very easily have a lot going on too, I don't know -- but he hasn't been usual scum mastermind Vic.

The Apes long-winded post right before killing Pac, in my opinion, helps his case as well. If the Ape were scum, to pull that whole ordeal would be a bit over-the-top. Another thing that sticks out to me was JC grouping me and Vic together way earlier. Of course, theres a good chance when he said all that they hadn't found the symp yet, which would make that an irrelevant point.

I can't see the Ape being a convertible symp. If Brett had flipped symp, I'd have to consider this a bit more...but it has to be Vic. It almost seems too easy and if I'm wrong Vic, I'm sorry dude. And I'm sorry town. Mostly because if the Ape got me to kill town-Vic for the win, he will never....ever...ever shut up about it. And this will top the time I hammered the doc before he could claim doc. Like you said yourself though, gotta follow my gut. Been feeling you as off for a while now.

Vote: Vicious

Great post AVM and the bolded had me laughing my a$$ off. Well done man, good win by everyone, with special props to you and the Ape.

Archived