*****Mafia Game Thread: The Matrix*****

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been thinking about the setup while things are quiet.

All the characters we've seen so far, are from the 1st movie, correct? In the first movie there were 3 agents? And then Cypher was a traitor. He killed Apoc, Dozer and Switch.

With 16 players. My guess is that we started with a 3-person scum team (the agents) that was loaded with roles: Pac (recruiter), Jetscode (roleblocker) and Brett/Vic.

And given the fact that Tank was a town killing role, I'm going to guess that Cypher was a recruitable SK role or a traitor role, possibly with the ability to kill upon recruitment. It fits the movie perfectly. NOW... if you believe this could be possible, you have to look at who was signaling about SK early in the game. It was VIC, not me. He was either putting that out there to be recruited, or putting it out there to find the recruit for Pac.

Brett wants you to believe that I named the whole scum team on D1, so that I would get recruited. Nobody would do that, its strategically flawed. Think about how we've seen symps signal in past games... then look at Vic's game content.

I get why Brett's reveal is believable, totally get it... but its believable because he's basing it on what scum knows about the setup. When he initially described his "conversion checker" ability he ignored a very important detail about how unlimited conversions could break the game, I pointed it out. Then he laid out even more details about how the recruiter role (Pac's role) worked in finding Cypher, in order to craft the lie about how his conversion checker role works... basically framing the game setup I just described above. IMO, Brett tipped his hand about knowing about Pac's role details in order to fudge this role reveal.

I KNOW Brett is scum because he is lying about my alignment. I don't know what his ability is, but he is not town. I've said it already, but I'll say it again... all these other details aside, there is a logical flaw in Brett's reveal and its that he didn't try to tell you guys I was scum on D5/N5. If nothing else, think about THAT.

Don't think I haven't considered that... all the more reason to get him opening his mouth.

Let me ask you, if you knew coming out of N4 that you had found scum - would you have waited until D6 to tell us? (EDIT: Especially in a game where we've seen both day and night killing.) Set aside all the other reasons I've given to vote Brett, and ask yourself that.

He held onto that information for a complete day/night cycle? and now conveniently he knows I'm scum just in time for what is an endgame scenario? Come on man.

Let me ask you, if you knew coming out of N4 that you had found scum - would you have waited until D6 to tell us? (EDIT: Especially in a game where we've seen both day and night killing.) Set aside all the other reasons I've given to vote Brett, and ask yourself that.

He held onto that information for a complete day/night cycle? and now conveniently he knows I'm scum just in time for what is an endgame scenario? Come on man.

Oh, I hear you on that, and have said as much in prior posts. Like I said earlier, it's not only that, but particularly when this is a game where any townie should be more than happy to take a bullet, especially if they're roleless or have used up their ability, I really can't see any reasoning behind waiting. Even if he said he had a continuing investigative role I still would have found it sketchy, but he's flatly said he had nothing after he allegedly found you so it makes no sense. Hell, if I actually had the role he claims to have, I would have called your punk a$$ out on the spot and then lied and said I still had an investigative ability just to draw the NK.

All of that said, the complete disappearance by both Vic and Brett has me worried that there's something we're missing here, but frankly I'm guessing the only way we're going to get a lynch in this one is if me, you and AVM all voting the same way since we're the only ones even involved, regardless of whether or not that's actually the right direction, so there's really not much of a choice left. I guess I'll set the table for someone else to finish it off, although I'm really not loving the situation we're in. That said, sitting around and waiting for people to start talking simply isn't happening, so might as well just do it.

Vote: Brett

Vic taking a half an hour and counting to catch up on the 29 posts made since his last.

Right... My thought is that it was someone like Bane with a % chance of success? So it would make it more difficult. Not sure but just thinking out loud.

And what was that last post? Set up talk to supplement the latest twist in Brett's reveal.

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...

All right. Nice to see the ape come in swinging. AVM looks like it'll be up to you.

Vote: Ape

I could sit here and try to present a case and all that jazz but it's gonna boil down to gut AVM. Let us fuse FTMFW!!!!! I'm sure I28 has got a whole case ready to go on this, I'll try to remain as active as I can.

I can't see how this possibly isn't Vic. Last week his actions seemed really off, I just didn't want to say anything at the time. I'm kinda torn, because Vic is my boy #1, and #2 I always want everyone to get a chance to defend themselves....but I feel pretty confident. No "your my boy trust me!" from Vic, or "I'll quit if I'm lying" from the Ape are going to sway me this game though...just gotta look at it straight forward.

I will say...when the Ape suddenly stopped referring to me, BG, and VIc as a group of three...and then just started pandering to me and BG as the innocents, it pinged me a bit. It was one of those small things, which didn't really bother me because at the time I was leaning Vic/Brett as the final 2 but it was odd.

However...if the Ape was scum, I think he'd leave BG alive. I can just see him in the QT talking about me voting him just because I wouldn't kill Vic :P

Add in the fact that early in the game I stated I didn't trust BG whatsoever, even though I did. I actually trusted BG third most. Doggin was confirmed to me, I felt super super confident about Pac (fail), and BG was next. It was set-up perfectly for the Ape to leave BG. Vics also seemed rather disenchanted with this game, much like the last time he was converted I think. Of course, he could very easily have a lot going on too, I don't know -- but he hasn't been usual scum mastermind Vic.

The Apes long-winded post right before killing Pac, in my opinion, helps his case as well. If the Ape were scum, to pull that whole ordeal would be a bit over-the-top. Another thing that sticks out to me was JC grouping me and Vic together way earlier. Of course, theres a good chance when he said all that they hadn't found the symp yet, which would make that an irrelevant point.

I can't see the Ape being a convertible symp. If Brett had flipped symp, I'd have to consider this a bit more...but it has to be Vic. It almost seems too easy and if I'm wrong Vic, I'm sorry dude. And I'm sorry town. Mostly because if the Ape got me to kill town-Vic for the win, he will never....ever...ever shut up about it. And this will top the time I hammered the doc before he could claim doc. Like you said yourself though, gotta follow my gut. Been feeling you as off for a while now.

Vote: Vicious

Archived