I like our chances..

Ghost

I love football but obviously it's a little different when the Jets play.

But our chances might not be as bad as people think it is. IMO, I think we should hope for the Ravens, Texans, and Chargers to win out unless they are playing us. That would leave the AFC East, which I think is still wide open. But if the Pats do win the division, it would leave the Jets, Bengals, Steelers, Bills, and Raiders fighting for the 5th and 6th spot.

I think the Raiders took a huge hit this week with Jason Campbell out for the year. The Bengals won't keep this work up. We're going to have to beat the Bills. I think the 5th and 6th seed would go down to the Steelers and Jets.

For the Jets to get to the playoffs, they pretty much have to sweep the division from this point out. Cant afford to lose to the horrible Dolphags twice. Have to beat the Bills twice to hurt their tie breaker chances to get the WC (face it, the Pats are going to win the division).

That alone gives them 7 wins. Leaving the rest of our meetings with AFCW and NFCN (3 teams each, 6 games) where we'd have to find what it looks like is going to take 4 more wins. Getting the Jets to 11-5.

They can do it. Its going to take some serious turnarounds. But I think they have the team to do it. The Schedule isnt all the intimidating the rest of the way. It starts tomorrow. Must win game.

For the Jets to get to the playoffs, they pretty much have to sweep the division from this point out. Cant afford to lose to the horrible Dolphags twice. Have to beat the Bills twice to hurt their tie breaker chances to get the WC (face it, the Pats are going to win the division).

That alone gives them 7 wins. Leaving the rest of our meetings with AFCW and NFCN (3 teams each, 6 games) where we'd have to find what it looks like is going to take 4 more wins. Getting the Jets to 11-5.

They can do it. Its going to take some serious turnarounds. But I think they have the team to do it. The Schedule isnt all the intimidating the rest of the way. It starts tomorrow. Must win game.

I know there are no more easy predictions in this league, but I truly think the Jets can beat the Dolphins and Chargers giving us a record of 4-3. I also think the Pats have a strong chance to lose to the Steelers in Pittsburgh, which would make Monday Night a possible showcase for 1st place in the AFC East. I hate to look ahead but this is just a thought and you know the place will be rocking if that's the case.

We gotta play one game at a time and the Dolphags are in front of us.

I know there are no more easy predictions in this league, but I truly think the Jets can beat the Dolphins and Chargers giving us a record of 4-3. I also think the Pats have a strong chance to lose to the Steelers in Pittsburgh, which would make Monday Night a possible showcase for 1st place in the AFC East. I hate to look ahead but this is just a thought and you know the place will be rocking if that's the case.

I agree. I've been saying the Jets will be 4-3 going into the bye...but its because I believe in Rex Ryan. I think he'll turn it around. We have the team. But its going to take some serious turnarounds and some people are going to have to step up.

reality check

the jets are behind cleveland and KC for a playoff spot right now

yup

http://espn.go.com/n...p/2/order/false

Reality check: The Jets, Browns and Chiefs are all 2-3. With a win against the Dolphins tomorrow night, the Browns and Chiefs are no longer "ahead" of the Jets.

Reality check: A win against the Dolphins tomorrow night ties us with the 3-3 Texans.

Reality check: The Jets were 4-5 before making the AFC Championship game back in 2009.

Reality check: A true Jets fan wouldn't quit on the team after consecutive trips to the AFC Championship game for the first time in franchise history, or compare us to the Browns and Chiefs; all because of a 2-3 start.

Yup.

Pats own the steelers, I wouldn't count on that

Pats own the steelers, I wouldn't count on that

They've owned the Bills in years past as well, look how that turned out. With Mendenhall returning to form, the Steelers will become a very good football team. Mendenhall performed today, putting up 146 rushing yards and 1 TD. It won't be an easy game for New England.

@ Pittsburgh

vs Giants

@ Jets

@ Eagles

@ Redskins

vs Bills

etc, etc. The Patriots have a very tough schedule coming up, and just because they squeaked out a victory today against Dallas, doesn't mean they'll take the league by storm this season. To give the Patriots the AFC East is crazy. Just say the Jets take care of Miami and SD @ home, and either the Steelers or Giants can take care of NE... Our rematch with NE will be for 1st place of the AFC East.

They've owned the Bills in years past as well, look how that turned out. With Mendenhall returning to form, the Steelers will become a very good football team. Mendenhall performed today, putting up 146 rushing yards and 1 TD. It won't be an easy game for New England.

@ Pittsburgh

vs Giants

@ Jets

@ Eagles

@ Redskins

vs Bills

etc, etc. The Patriots have a very tough schedule coming up, and just because they squeaked out a victory today against Dallas, doesn't mean they'll take the league by storm this season. To give the Patriots the AFC East is crazy. Just say the Jets take care of Miami and SD @ home, and either the Steelers or Giants can take care of NE... Our rematch with NE will be for 1st place of the AFC East.

Exactly who hasn't owned the Bills the past few years? In fact last season it took a miracle for the Pats to beat the Bills in one of their games. I remember it well because the Boston contingent at the Consulate DVR'ed it and then played it in the screening room.

Reality check: The Jets, Browns and Chiefs are all 2-3. With a win against the Dolphins tomorrow night, the Browns and Chiefs are no longer "ahead" of the Jets.

Reality check: A win against the Dolphins tomorrow night ties us with the 3-3 Texans.

Reality check: The Jets were 4-5 before making the AFC Championship game back in 2009.

Reality check: A true Jets fan wouldn't quit on the team after consecutive trips to the AFC Championship game for the first time in franchise history, or compare us to the Browns and Chiefs; all because of a 2-3 start.

Yup.

Reality Check: The Jets don't play football well.

OK, seriously I think there isn't a level headed Jets fan out there that doesn't have at least some trepidation about the Dolphins. What makes you think we're gonna cakewalk San Diego? At this particular point there are not very many teams playing worse football than the Jets. Sure they can turn it around, but playing football the way they have over the last 3 weeks does not guarantee a win over MIA, who's coming off their bye with 2 weeks to prepare for us, much less SD.

OK, seriously I think there isn't a level headed Jets fan out there that doesn't have at least some trepidation about the Dolphins. What makes you think we're gonna cakewalk San Diego? At this particular point there are not very many teams playing worse football than the Jets. Sure they can turn it around, but playing football the way they have over the last 3 weeks does not guarantee a win over MIA, who's coming off their bye with 2 weeks to prepare for us, much less SD.

Matt Moore scares me about as much as Curtis Painter.

Archived