Mike SIms- Walker cut by Rams, shall we take a gander?

Vudu

Rams cut Mike Sims-Walker after adding Brandon Lloyd

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 17, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT

joewestap-e1314551086650.jpg?w=227

AP

The arrival of Brandon Lloyd in St. Louis means the departure of Mike Sims-Walker.

A couple of years ago, Sims-Walker looked like one of the most promising young receivers in football. Now he’s so irrelevant that the Rams’ announcement of his departure consisted of one sentence in the team’s press release on the Lloyd trade.

Sims-Walker was a starter early this season, but he was benched after dropping three passes in Week Four, and he wasn’t even active for Sunday’s game.

And so the St. Louis career of Mike Sims-Walker comes to an end, with 11 catches for 139 yards and no touchdowns.

I'm not saying that the Jets should go after Mike-Sims-Walker, but let's not act like just because the Rams kicked Sims-Walker to the curb, that the kid is a career nothing.

The Jets cut Woodhead, look what happened. The Bills cut Maybin, look what he's done for the Jets defense since arriving. I heard the same things about Maybin, in which I'm hearing in regards to Sims-Walker; from fans who's either never seen him play, or feel he's a career loser because he's no longer with the sh*tty Rams.

He's only 26 years of age and was a 3rd round draft pick back in 2007. Over the past two years, he's put up 106 receptions, 1,431 yards and 14 TD's during 2009 and 2010. An average of 53 receptions, 715 yards and 7 TD's per season since becoming a starter with the Jaguars. This kid can perform. He's a 6'2 WR who would provide a deep threat, as well as a WR who can make plays down the middle of the field.

Since 2009:

Sims-Walker: 117 receptions, 1570 yards and 14 TD's.

Plaxico Burress: 14 receptions, 218 yards, 2 TD's.

Burress only has 3 more receptions than Sims-Walker this season, and he's only played in 4 games compared to Burress playing in 6. He's also 8 years younger than an aging Plaxico. God forbid a Jets fan want's to see our team upgrade with a free agent. I'm not saying to cut Burress, but I'd love a Holmes and Sims-Walker tandem on the outside, while using Plaxico once we get into the red zone. Because between the 20's? Plaxico doesn't have it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kt0TmsE4SA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgIq5szAnJc&feature=related

Rams cut Mike Sims-Walker after adding Brandon Lloyd

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 17, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT

joewestap-e1314551086650.jpg?w=227

AP

The arrival of Brandon Lloyd in St. Louis means the departure of Mike Sims-Walker.

A couple of years ago, Sims-Walker looked like one of the most promising young receivers in football. Now he’s so irrelevant that the Rams’ announcement of his departure consisted of one sentence in the team’s press release on the Lloyd trade.

Sims-Walker was a starter early this season, but he was benched after dropping three passes in Week Four, and he wasn’t even active for Sunday’s game.

And so the St. Louis career of Mike Sims-Walker comes to an end, with 11 catches for 139 yards and no touchdowns.

Why another cast off when Randy Moss (who could stretch defenses) is available ? No matter what happens this season the Jets better pay attention to the WR position this offseason and get Sanchez some good young talent he can grow with and stop this 10 year trend of garbage and old men to play the position.

Archived