Ravens/Jags game thread

stoicsentry

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ravens looked fatigued out there. I think part of it was due to the fact that night games in Florida are pretty rough. I'm sure a lot of the Raven players were cramping up. While that doesn't explain why MJD and Rice were both fumbling machines, it certainly was a factor.

I'm sure Baltimore will bounce back in a big way next week. They get the perfect opponent, too....a home matchup with Arizona.

My God. The longer this season goes on, the more I like the Bengals chanches to steal a playoff spot. Cincy whipped the Jags in Jacksonville 30-20. Baltimore is caught reading "Getting 1st Downs For Dummies" on the sidelines.

This season promised to be exciting.

My God. The longer this season goes on, the more I like the Bengals chanches to steal a playoff spot. Cincy whipped the Jags in Jacksonville 30-20. Baltimore is caught reading "Getting 1st Downs For Dummies" on the sidelines.

This season promised to be exciting.

Between the Palmer trade, dropping your two over-the-hill receivers, and finding a rookie QB who is holding its own, you guys are finally making a lot of good decisions. Not to mention Green looks legit. Good for you.

The Ravens looked fatigued out there. I think part of it was due to the fact that night games in Florida are pretty rough. I'm sure a lot of the Raven players were cramping up. While that doesn't explain why MJD and Rice were both fumbling machines, it certainly was a factor.

I'm sure Baltimore will bounce back in a big way next week. They get the perfect opponent, too....a home matchup with Arizona.

I was at the game last night and it wasn't hot at all. It was actually a beautiful night and rather cool. At kickoff it was about 70 degrees with no humidity and no wind. By the end of the game it was about 65. If anyone was cramping up last night it wasn't due to the weather, its because they're out of shape.

What pisses me off after seeing the Ravens go down like this, with all those mistakes we made when we played them, and we still we in a position to make it a game when we strip sacked Flaco and recovered and we gave it right back...hopefully we won't have performances like that the rest of the season....

What pisses me off after seeing the Ravens go down like this, with all those mistakes we made when we played them, and we still we in a position to make it a game when we strip sacked Flaco and recovered and we gave it right back...hopefully we won't have performances like that the rest of the season....

Rex is a major reason why the Jets have lost the last 2 against the Ravens. He's so full of hyperbole that he makes the O think they're playing against HOFers at every position on the Ravens D.

Rex is intimidated by them and so is his offense.

Rex is a major reason why the Jets have lost the last 2 against the Ravens. He's so full of hyperbole that he makes the O think they're playing against HOFers at every position on the Ravens D.

Rex is intimidated by them and so is his offense.

Would help if we could ever attack their injury-ridden secondary. The second game was the O-line getting ravaged, but still, two straight years the Ravens came into the game with a boatload of injuries in the secondary and we couldn't take advantage.

Would help if we could ever attack their injury-ridden secondary. The second game was the O-line getting ravaged, but still, two straight years the Ravens came into the game with a boatload of injuries in the secondary and we couldn't take advantage.

The Jags were rolling out a couple of back up OLmen...just saying.

The Oline was an issue, but to a certain extent. Rex intimitated his own team and that undermined their chance at success.

BTW, Suggs ripped the offensive gameplan in the media, saying they should have run more.

OMG - what??? The Ravens are falling apart!!!!!!!

This is what Suggs said (according to PFT)

It baffles me that Ray Rice only had seven carries,” Suggs said, getting Rice’s carries wrong by one. “This is a Pro Bowl running back we’re talking about. You’ve got to feed the horse. They fed their horse. We got to feed our horse. He’s a good guy. He wants the ball. I think we should feed him. Ray Rice is a phenomenal player. You’ve got to use your phenomenal players.”

“How many catches did Anquan have?” Suggs asked. “We have guys who can do phenomenal things. We’ve got to get them the ball. It’s that simple.”

“They kept it simple,” Suggs said of the Jaguars. “Jones-Drew had 30 carries.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/25/suggs-rips-ravens-offense-wants-rice-running-more/

This is what Suggs said (according to PFT)

I don't blame him. I think sometimes coaches get caught up in the passing game too much. If you have a Drew Brees type you can throw the ball 44 times a game. If you have Sanchez or Flacco it might not be the best idea. Especially if you have a good defense and you can run the ball.

I don't blame him. I think sometimes coaches get caught up in the passing game too much. If you have a Drew Brees type you can throw the ball 44 times a game. If you have Sanchez or Flacco it might not be the best idea. Especially if you have a good defense and you can run the ball.

Exactly....I believe the jets win against the Ravens if they try to run the ball.....If the Jets stay ground and pound (and healthy) they will make the playoffs.

Exactly....I believe the jets win against the Ravens if they try to run the ball.....If the Jets stay ground and pound (and healthy) they will make the playoffs.

eh. Without Mangold there was no way the offense was going to put any points up. That was just a wrong place, wrong time matchup for the Jets.

They can make the playoffs playing ugly football. The run game needs to keep improving and Sanchez needs to be effective off play action.

Archived