For Jets To Win, Pats Have To Lose 3 In A Row

kelticwizard

Methinks you are over-valuing week 3 post-lockout defenses in comparison to mid-season calibrated defesenses. It is far harder to react to a play than to run it.

yea defenses all around the league were getting smoked the first few weeks of the season. It seemed like every QB was putting up over 300 yards in winning AND losing efforts-that has changed dramatically

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not?

The last 2 times the Pats had lost 2 in a row in the next game they faced a losing team and won. Before that they faced a winning team and lost.

There's nothing magical about the Pats losing 3 in a row.

There's nothing magical but this offense is a train wreck. I could totally see the offense going into a shell if things don't go right early in the game. Pats defense is a joke but so.is this offense.

Nothing that happened in the past affects how this game will be played or decide the outcome. It will be decided on the field, absent past stats or streaks.

Otherwise, the Giants would not have bothered showing up yesterday.

Exactly. I never got this "oh, beating the Pats for a 3rd loss is going to be tough" mentality. The game is tough regardless. The Pats and Jets aren't going to be trying harder.

There's nothing magical but this offense is a train wreck. I could totally see the offense going into a shell if things don't go right early in the game. Pats defense is a joke but so.is this offense.

But that would be the same if the Pats had won the last 2 games rather than losing them, right?

So your point I quote (which is valid) has nothing to do with "seeing the Pats lose 3 in a row."

This game is definitely winnable. The Pats aren't the team they once were. They're still very dangerous, obviously, but they've come down to earth quite a bit.

BTW, good to see some familiar faces here. :)

Welcome!

I hope that I am, but the assertion that the Pats have a "one-dimensional offense that has been figured out" when that very unit dismantled the Jets' defense a mere month ago is a bit bombastic, no?

FIrst, I must apologize, we played them in week 5 not 3. I think that a few things need to be recognized about that game however. 1: Don't forget we only lost by 9 points. Sanchez only threw for 166 yards, which is completely unacceptable against the worst ranked passing defense in the NFL. I would bet there will be more in the air next week, especially to Burress.

2nd: Our defense still has a couple young guys who are coming into their own more each week (Wilkerson, K. Ellis).

3rd, aside from that awful missed block yesterday yielding a sack, Wayne Hunter and the offensive line are playing much better together.

Maybe we see Kyle Wilson get glued to Hernandez and Revis gets tied to Welker. If our guys get pressure, this game could go differently.

Just a couple quick, optimistic thoughts.

This game is definitely winnable. The Pats aren't the team they once were. They're still very dangerous, obviously, but they've come down to earth quite a bit.

BTW, good to see some familiar faces here. :)

Thanks. Got booted at the other place because a mod (32Green) was too thin-skinned to take some criticism.

I'd never been on here before. I like it.

Welcome! Long time since I've seen that username.

Luckily the mods here have very think skin because they are fat.

FIrst, I must apologize, we played them in week 5 not 3. I think that a few things need to be recognized about that game however. 1: Don't forget we only lost by 9 points. Sanchez only threw for 166 yards, which is completely unacceptable against the worst ranked passing defense in the NFL. I would bet there will be more in the air next week, especially to Burress.

2nd: Our defense still has a couple young guys who are coming into their own more each week (Wilkerson, K. Ellis).

3rd, aside from that awful missed block yesterday yielding a sack, Wayne Hunter and the offensive line are playing much better together.

Maybe we see Kyle Wilson get glued to Hernandez and Revis gets tied to Welker. If our guys get pressure, this game could go differently.

Just a couple quick, optimistic thoughts.

Again, I'm not saying it's impossible or even improbable that the Jets shut them down. My statement was about it perhaps being a bit premature to put the nail in the coffin of the Pats' offense when they've played a whopping 3 games since they had their way with the Jets' D.

Thanks. Got booted at the other place because a mod (32Green) was too thin-skinned to take some criticism.

I'd never been on here before. I like it.

In keeping with what is going on in the PSU thread, I'm sure Max will conduct a full investigation of the incident.

Or maybe he'll have Crusher, and Thor do it.

Or maybe not

Welcome

I hope that I am, but the assertion that the Pats have a "one-dimensional offense that has been figured out" when that very unit dismantled the Jets' defense a mere month ago is a bit bombastic, no?

Cute post but I'd hardly classify what the Pats offense did a couple weeks ago as a "dismantling".

In keeping with what is going on in the PSU thread, I'm sure Max will conduct a full investigation of the incident.

Or maybe he'll have Crusher, and Thor do it.

Or maybe not

Welcome

There's a PSU thread here? There's nothing in the manual about actually reading this drivel.

Cute post but I'd hardly classify what the Pats offense did a couple weeks ago as a "dismantling".

Fine. Substitute in "embarassed" instead, which is the only way you could describe a performance in which they gave up a banner effort (136 yards, 5 ypc, 2 TD's) to a scrub like Benjarvus Green-Ellis while allowing Brady to complete 72.7% of his passes for 9.73 Y/A.

Fine. Substitute in "embarassed" instead, which is the only way you could describe a performance in which they gave up a banner effort (136 yards, 5 ypc, 2 TD's) to a scrub like Benjarvus Green-Ellis while allowing Brady to complete 72.7% of his passes for 9.73 Y/A.

Meh, he accumulated most of those yards when we were daring them to run with extra CB's in the game. The second they put their run stuffing package in they shut him down.

I think the loss of Bryan Thomas really hurt us in the game and we were adjusting. He was typically part of the coverage units because he could play coverage and the run.

Meh, he accumulated most of those yards when we were daring them to run with extra CB's in the game. The second they put their run stuffing package in they shut him down.

Hmm... that would suggest that their one-dimensional offense wasn't figured out as recently as 3 games ago by our genius defensive staff, wouldn't it?

On NE's 1st scoring drive, they ran Green-Ellis 4 straight times from the 27 (for 8 yds, 8, 8, 3 yd TD). They also didn't do much to stop him when the Pats were in clock-killing mode after the Holmes TD with carries of 8, 15, 6, 0, 14 (on 3rd down), 5, 3, 6, 3, -1.

Hmm... that would suggest that their one-dimensional offense wasn't figured out as recently as 3 games ago by our genius defensive staff, wouldn't it?

On NE's 1st scoring drive, they ran Green-Ellis 4 straight times from the 27 (for 8 yds, 8, 8, 3 yd TD). They also didn't do much to stop him when the Pats were in clock-killing mode after the Holmes TD with carries of 8, 15, 6, 0, 14 (on 3rd down), 5, 3, 6, 3, -1.

Like I said, they were in coverage a lot. Extra DB's almost the entire game. Its was the same game plan we used in the playoffs. I think not having Thomas in there to play both run and pass hurt. He'd be used in those coverage packages because he does both well.

In regards to not having them figured out...maybe. But I never called them one-dimensional nor did I say they've been figured out. I just dont think they are very good and they've been on a steady decline since week 1. No game changers, no big play threat, nobody that really scares you outside Brady.

Archived