Pacquiao vs Marquez

PatriotReign37

Manny was cut open, he was beaten up, his reaction to the bell was pretty telling compared to the last two fights, this time he didn't raise his hands. He was a beaten man, Roach knew it, they all knew it. The fix saved him. Politics dominates boxing, it's ****ing scandalous.

And as for "understanding" boxing. Amir Khan, Manny's BFF and sparring partner even had Marquez winning, he landed all the clean shots and completely threw Manny off his game. Manny couldn't deal with him at all and Marquez was FAR more comfortable, as for him "setting the pace" BS that I've heard. I've watched a ton of Manny's fights, that was not at the pace he wants to fight at.

...Manny was cut on a head butt. I'm not Manny fan, but to say he was beaten up in that fight is ridiculous. Both guys took their shots for 12 rounds. Outcome could of gone either way until Marquez played it conservative the last 2 rounds. Marquez didn't lose the fight for him, his corner did. Don't expect to get the decisuion in a close fight when your opponent throws more punches.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manny was cut open, he was beaten up, his reaction to the bell was pretty telling compared to the last two fights, this time he didn't raise his hands. He was a beaten man, Roach knew it, they all knew it. The fix saved him. Politics dominates boxing, it's ****ing scandalous.

And as for "understanding" boxing. Amir Khan, Manny's BFF and sparring partner even had Marquez winning, he landed all the clean shots and completely threw Manny off his game. Manny couldn't deal with him at all and Marquez was FAR more comfortable, as for him "setting the pace" BS that I've heard. I've watched a ton of Manny's fights, that was not at the pace he wants to fight at.

The one card scored 116-112 does seem kind of odd at first glance. Particularly the 12th. Until I see a replay with a fight like this I always try to give a judge the benefit of the doubt. Sitting ringside you're just watching a different fight. And most of the time when a fight is this close the replay clears up a lot.

Arum's a dick but I honestly don't know if he'd stoop to fixing a fight.

You only had to hear Arum's comments, talking about the potential PPV buys right after the fight. His priorities lie clearly in one area, and it's not in the justice department.

It's a ******* disgrace. I could watch it again and it won't change, when Amir Khan and the rest of the Manny fapping British studio are calling it a robbery, then you know something is up.

Marquez won the fight, he was battering Manny for most of the fight. Pacquiao couldn't touch him, Marquez pretty much boxed his perfect fight until the last few rounds and even then I thought he took some of them.

You only had to hear Arum's comments, talking about the potential PPV buys right after the fight. His priorities lie clearly in one area, and it's not in the justice department.

It's a ******* disgrace. I could watch it again and it won't change, when Amir Khan and the rest of the Manny fapping British studio are calling it a robbery, then you know something is up.

Marquez won the fight, he was battering Manny for most of the fight. Pacquiao couldn't touch him, Marquez pretty much boxed his perfect fight until the last few rounds and even then I thought he took some of them.

The majority of the major columnists are tweeting they all had it scored a draw.

Pacman won the fight, the judges were right, I am happy Pacman had a fricken wakeup call. He was too busy making a circus out of his camp and acting like a major celebrity to take this fight seriously. I had said that Pacman would win, but that I was concerned about his preparation for the fight. He better get his act together before he gets into a ring with Mayweather. He can't just show up for that one.

Gotta love Roach, apparently he told Ring that he thinks Marquez absolutely deserves a 4th fight. All class Freddie.

Marquez is mulling retirement. I hope that's not the case. It would be a real shame to end a career like his on this sour of a note. I hope Beristain can talk him out of it, but he's led JMM poorly in the past, (taking the John fight instead of the immediate rematch with Manny after the first fight). It's just too many bizarre bad breaks for one guy's career, he got robbed in the John fight, all the top featherweights ducked him for so long, this, the stupid fight with Floyd, the guy is probably the greatest Mexican fighter since Chavez and yet he still can't get a fair shot. Would really like to see him get one last opportunity. I personally gained a whole new respect for him for being able to move up to that weight and still fight like that, I was totally wrong and did not see him being able to pull that off with his body. Obviously Floyd is the fight that everyone wants, but JMM earned a 4th shot last night.

Watching the replay I think it's pretty clear that Pacman won the fight a lot more handily than everyone's original reactions. Manny did more work, he threw and landed more punches. Marquez only has Barestain to blame, no trainer has any business telling his fighter that he's winning that clearly in that close of a fight. Marquez had so many chances to take the 10th and 12th rounds and just stayed back. Whether or not that's because of his trainer or because he's 38, it doesn't matter. He wouldn't let his hands go. Manny didn't even look good in the 10th, but he landed 50 punches and Marquez landed 37. Doing better than everyone expected doesn't constitute a win. It was a close fight, but Marquez really only has himself to blame for the loss. The win was there for the taking. I had it 8-4 Manny, I can see how some would score it a draw, but to be the man you need to beat the man and Marquez definitely did not do that.

That said, Kellerman's been saying that Arum's very skeptical about putting Manny in the ring with Mayweather after that, and I really can't blame him.

Like I said earlier, I wish that were true.

Floyd's already retired twice to avoid fighting Manny. I won't believe they are fighting until that are in the ring together, gloves on and I hear the bell ring.

For the right prize it will happen. 100 M?

Everyone will be clamoring for the match.Good vs Evil. Pac comes off as the good guy and Mayweather as the thug.

What's Arum saving him for?

Also, is Cotto - Margarito going to go off at the Garden?

My opinion? Because after watching that fight, it's pretty obvious to the naked eye that Floyd will beat Manny and losses are bad for business. A 4th Marquez/Manny fight makes more money with Manny still "undefeated", and I don't think there's a lot of danger in a 4th Marquez fight. Manny probably wins. Watching that replay, I think the biggest technical factor was age, and Marquez certainly isn't getting younger. Then he'll go after Mayweather. This way he gets two megafights instead of just one and a swan song. I don't think it's any coincidence that De La Hoya came out this week and did some prebashing on Arum in regards to this. He definitely saw it coming as soon as that fight ended last week. At this point, it's pretty clear that Golden Boy, Floyd, and Roach all want the fight in May. Top Rank does not, and Manny is Manny, indifferent to it all.

Who knows about Cotto/Margarito. It was all handled so poorly on both ends and the NYSAC and Tom Rank look like they're playing chicken with each other. Lot of bullsh*t politics, but it's also very clear that Arum really dragged his feet on it as well. Supposedly they're working on Denver and Phoenix as backup plans this week. I think the fight still goes down at MSG, way too much money involved at this point.

My opinion? Because after watching that fight, it's pretty obvious to the naked eye that Floyd will beat Manny and losses are bad for business. A 4th Marquez/Manny fight makes more money with Manny still "undefeated", and I don't think there's a lot of danger in a 4th Marquez fight. Manny probably wins. Watching that replay, I think the biggest technical factor was age, and Marquez certainly isn't getting younger. Then he'll go after Mayweather. This way he gets two megafights instead of just one and a swan song. I don't think it's any coincidence that De La Hoya came out this week and did some prebashing on Arum in regards to this. He definitely saw it coming as soon as that fight ended last week. At this point, it's pretty clear that Golden Boy, Floyd, and Roach all want the fight in May. Top Rank does not, and Manny is Manny, indifferent to it all.

Who knows about Cotto/Margarito. It was all handled so poorly on both ends and the NYSAC and Tom Rank look like they're playing chicken with each other. Lot of bullsh*t politics, but it's also very clear that Arum really dragged his feet on it as well. Supposedly they're working on Denver and Phoenix as backup plans this week. I think the fight still goes down at MSG, way too much money involved at this point.

Too much money and too many Puerto Ricans! They already bought tickets and hotel rooms to fly up from PR and now they are supposed to switch to Denver? It seems a little late in the game for that. I hope it happens here.

Too much money and too many Puerto Ricans! They already bought tickets and hotel rooms to fly up from PR and now they are supposed to switch to Denver? It seems a little late in the game for that. I hope it happens here.

Phoenix makes sense, that fight would sell out instantly with the Mexican population there and with how close it is to Vegas and LA. I think Denver's being considered because they've been pushing hard for more events as of recently. UFC just had a pretty big event out there with Jones and Rampage. They have a pretty large Hispanic population as well, so the gate should sell out in time.

Sucks for Cotto if it Denver happens. Margarito trains in high altitudes and Cotto doesn't, the adjustment is far more likely to affect him on fight night. His camp has to be considering going out there ASAP to make sure he's fresh on the 3rd.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

And people wonder why boxing isn't what it once was.

It's all so shameless. Between tonight with Chavez and then with Saul getting fed a guy a full class below him on ShoBox. Give me a break with this sh*t. Then Manny proves once again to be Arum's puppet and who the hell knows what Floyd's deal is. Last I checked he was still bitching about prison food and trying to get on 50's new album. And honestly? Tim Bradley's a good dude. He deserves better than this, certainly not the public disdain he's encountered and the guy genuinely wanted a rematch. Yet Arum just brushes the ****ing dude off; some way to treat the champ and your client.

Honestly, thank the ****ing lord for Andre Ward. Talk about a dude that leaves absolutely no question to anything. If there was actually a God he'd make a catch weight possible for Ward/Martinez, but I think Martinez maxes out at 160 and probably wouldn't be able to get heavier with how much he trains. Maybe Canelo eventually gets big enough for him, but who knows. If we're going on merit and not subjective talent, Ward's #1 in the world right now IMO, his resume over the past 3 years is second to none. Including Manny and Floyd.

On another note I figured you'd enjoy this, I added boxing 2-3 a week to my routine. In love.

Yep, fall's the season for it if you're looking to pick it up. The gyms are cool and the weather's perfect for road work.

It's all so shameless. Between tonight with Chavez and then with Saul getting fed a guy a full class below him on ShoBox. Give me a break with this sh*t. Then Manny proves once again to be Arum's puppet and who the hell knows what Floyd's deal is. Last I checked he was still bitching about prison food and trying to get on 50's new album. And honestly? Tim Bradley's a good dude. He deserves better than this, certainly not the public disdain he's encountered and the guy genuinely wanted a rematch. Yet Arum just brushes the ****ing dude off; some way to treat the champ and your client.

Honestly, thank the ****ing lord for Andre Ward. Talk about a dude that leaves absolutely no question to anything. If there was actually a God he'd make a catch weight possible for Ward/Martinez, but I think Martinez maxes out at 160 and probably wouldn't be able to get heavier with how much he trains. Maybe Canelo eventually gets big enough for him, but who knows. If we're going on merit and not subjective talent, Ward's #1 in the world right now IMO, his resume over the past 3 years is second to none. Including Manny and Floyd.

Yep, fall's the season for it if you're looking to pick it up. The gyms are cool and the weather's perfect for road work.

By the time Canelo is ready Martinez will be too old IMO. I like Canelo a lot though. Wonder if the more likely match is him vs. Jr though.

By the time Canelo is ready Martinez will be too old IMO. I like Canelo a lot though. Wonder if the more likely match is him vs. Jr though.

Nah I meant for Ward. Martinez might be done, word is he really ****ed up his knee when he got knocked down last night and DiBella said it's so swollen that they can't even do an MRI yet. Saul definitely has the frame to move up to Super MW eventually, which I think is inevitable with how young he is, a guy like that is only going to get bigger.

Jr is trash. He doesn't deserve a fight with anyone any legit fighter between 160 and 168. This bullsh*t he keeps pulling with hydrating back up to around 180 is ridiculous and he's clearly not skilled enough to be fighting guys at this level. He looked at least 25 pounds heavier than Sergio last night. The one thing that became clear last night is that he didn't deserve that fight, and he definitely doesn't deserve any of the top guys at any division he can come in at. Truth be told I think they've had him fluctuating down to MW because it's obvious that if he goes up any heavier his power gets nullified and that's really all he has going for him. I'm not the biggest Kellerman fan but he hit the nail right on the head when he said there's a big difference between fighting Andy Lee and the undisputed champ.

Nah I meant for Ward. Martinez might be done, word is he really ****ed up his knee when he got knocked down last night and DiBella said it's so swollen that they can't even do an MRI yet. Saul definitely has the frame to move up to Super MW eventually, which I think is inevitable with how young he is, a guy like that is only going to get bigger.

Jr is trash. He doesn't deserve a fight with anyone any legit fighter between 160 and 168. This bullsh*t he keeps pulling with hydrating back up to around 180 is ridiculous and he's clearly not skilled enough to be fighting guys at this level. He looked at least 25 pounds heavier than Sergio last night. The one thing that became clear last night is that he didn't deserve that fight, and he definitely doesn't deserve any of the top guys at any division he can come in at. Truth be told I think they've had him fluctuating down to MW because it's obvious that if he goes up any heavier his power gets nullified and that's really all he has going for him. I'm not the biggest Kellerman fan but he hit the nail right on the head when he said there's a big difference between fighting Andy Lee and the undisputed champ.

Chavez Jr. Is to boxing what Earnhardt is to NASCAR. Just a name brand. Canelo/Ward would be a fun fight. Didn't know

That about Sergio, that sucks. Worst part

About boxing is you know he's not gonna call this it, he's going to take some fight a year or so from now an it'll be ugly.

Archived