A good post on our pal Schotty....

rollingrock49

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love that this post features his whole 6 years (including this year) and examines how he has been a failure. I've been wondering why no one argues how Pennington and Favre failed in this offense and went on to have great seasons with their new teams. Year in year out the offense has been unprepared and fails early in games. Plus they never seem to figure it out and make proper adjustments. New players have come and gone all over the offense yet it still fails. the only constant in the past 6 years is Schotty. If they resign him after this year that shows how clueless this team may be.

http://jetsrant.com/...-has-no-schott/

Hmmm... some people *ahem* have been making these very points for quite some time on Jets message boards.

I'm not throwing a fit, you guys are raving lunatics who really have no idea what your talking about and I'm enjoying getting your hackles up

Kind of what I thought was the case. You are simply antagonizing. It seems as though, for you, this "debate" has absolutely zero to do with the facts and/or opinions concerning Schottenheimer's ability, but more succinctly the joy with which you get off antagonizing anyone that will give you the time of day.

Let me see if I got your opinion correct here.

You believe:

1-Schottenheimer is a mediocre OC

2-Favre, Pennington, Brees, Clemens, and Sanchez all were not talented QB's at the time with which Schottenheimer was their OC

3-Sanchez (from his college days) is more in tune with Akili Smith, but has OUTPERFORMED under Schottenheimer

4-Sanchez shows promise, although he is not talented

AND I believe:

1-Schottenheimer is not a good OC

2-Favre, Brees, and Sanchez are talented QB's, Pennington was average, Clemens sucked

3-Sanchez is in no way shape or form like Akili Smith, and has Underperformed under Schottenheimer

4-Sanchez is talented, and hence shows promise

Some questions for you:

Why is it that our WR's looked lost at times on offense? Is that not Scotty's responsibility? Or is that a lack of talent?

Why is it that we telegraph our plays unlike other offenses in the league (i.e. empty backfield=pass play, etc,etc,etc)? Is that not Schottenheimers doing? Or simply a lack of talent?

Why is it that every QB under Schottenheimers guidance has had what would be considered a down year based upon their average performance? Do they just turn their talent off when Schotty comes around?

and last but not least...

What exactly in anyone's posts led you to believe that they were behaving like raving lunatics that don't know what they're talking about?

I hope that even in your myopic perspective, you could see how one might be a bit confused.

No, dipsh*t, my posts were in reference to the notion that it was only as a result of the arm injury that Favre had the season he had.

The bad games allegedly caused by injury are comperable to early games where injury was not a factor and, therefore, the "injury is the cause" argument is thoroughly undermined.

He had 6 good games, 1 average game and 3 below average ones and 1 terrible one in the first 11. In the last 5, he had 5 terrible games

Further, His highest rating in the last 5 games was 61.4, only 1 time in the first 11 games did he register a rating lower then that

Lastly, his last 5 games, in which he had 5 of his 6 worst games, were against the 31st, 20th, 22nd, 30th and 14th ranked defenses by DVOA..

It's unbelievable that you are too biased to see a clear pattern of poor performance

Kind of what I thought was the case. You are simply antagonizing. It seems as though, for you, this "debate" has absolutely zero to do with the facts and/or opinions concerning Schottenheimer's ability, but more succinctly the joy with which you get off antagonizing anyone that will give you the time of day.

Let me see if I got your opinion correct here.

You believe:

1-Schottenheimer is a mediocre OC

2-Favre, Pennington, Brees, Clemens, and Sanchez all were not talented QB's at the time with which Schottenheimer was their OC

3-Sanchez (from his college days) is more in tune with Akili Smith, but has OUTPERFORMED under Schottenheimer

4-Sanchez shows promise, although he is not talented

AND I believe:

1-Schottenheimer is not a good OC

2-Favre, Brees, and Sanchez are talented QB's, Pennington was average, Clemens sucked

3-Sanchez is in no way shape or form like Akili Smith, and has Underperformed under Schottenheimer

4-Sanchez is talented, and hence shows promise

Some questions for you:

Why is it that our WR's looked lost at times on offense? Is that not Scotty's responsibility? Or is that a lack of talent?

Why is it that we telegraph our plays unlike other offenses in the league (i.e. empty backfield=pass play, etc,etc,etc)? Is that not Schottenheimers doing? Or simply a lack of talent?

Why is it that every QB under Schottenheimers guidance has had what would be considered a down year based upon their average performance? Do they just turn their talent off when Schotty comes around?

and last but not least...

What exactly in anyone's posts led you to believe that they were behaving like raving lunatics that don't know what they're talking about?

I hope that even in your myopic perspective, you could see how one might be a bit confused.

Are you unable to reconcile the difference between talent and performance. Very few QB's come into the league into instant stardom, talent is raw, and needs to be nurtured and developed. Sanchez has talent. What he doesn't have is experience, so a reasonable person would not expect him to be playing at an elite level by now.

I say you are all lunatics cause you've convinced yourself in the absolute truth of your position based on the thinnest shred of evidence, which has little merit and is heavily influenced by your own fandom and frustration with the lack of an elite offense. You're basically no different then fans of 30 other teams in the league who cluelessly vilify thier offensive coordinator cause the results aren't there. Do you know GB fans used to want McCarthy fired? And called him all the kinds of names that you guys are calling Schotty. When he had Alex Smith, he had the 30th ranked offense in football. Now, he has a QB with unbelievable realized talent, and they love him. I'm just watching from the outside, amused by it all, frankly..

No, dipsh*t, my posts were in reference to the notion that it was only as a result of the arm injury that Favre had the season he had.

The bad games allegedly caused by injury are comperable to early games where injury was not a factor and, therefore, the "injury is the cause" argument is thoroughly undermined.

Name calling no matter how appropriate or accurate is frowned on.

Are you unable to reconcile the difference between talent and performance. Very few QB's come into the league into instant stardom, talent is raw, and needs to be nurtured and developed. Sanchez has talent. What he doesn't have is experience, so a reasonable person would not expect him to be playing at an elite level by now.

My point, isn't that Schotty is good, it's that he hasn't had favorable talent at QB that you could say, hey this guy should be running a great offense. The talent was mediocre at best, as were the results. Meaning Schotty probably did a very average job.

So which point are you sticking with now? Does Sanchez have talent or not? It's hard to tell what you're arguing, it changes with every post.

I completely understand talent vs.performance. The question, up until this last post was, do you?

Sanchez has talent, but he hasn't turned it into performance consistently. That is the job of the coaches to help him do that. Coaches like Schottenheimer.

Try getting your arguments straight. You're all over the place.

It was fun, take care.

You too skippy.. clueless

Hardly. I know you, see what your doing... I'm just setting back and watching, its funny. Really. I'll be damned if I get sucked into arguing about it with you, you don't care about right and wrong, you only want to see people lose their sh*t ... which I completely appreciate. Now do more please.

Hardly. I know you, see what your doing... I'm just setting back and watching, its funny. Really. I'll be damned if I get sucked into arguing about it with you, you don't care about right and wrong, you only want to see people lose their sh*t ... which I completely appreciate. Now do more please.

Damn it...

Hook, line, and sinker.

Well played CTM. Well played.

I assure you, plenty of us have made that very argument, it just so happens that the few Schotty-apologists that still exist make excuses for absolutely everything that's happened in his 6 years here. According to them, absolutely nothing that happens is even slightly his fault.

Although in fairness, Schotty isn't the only constant... it's been him, Moore, Brick and Mangold all here for the past 6 years. So they must be the real problem, right?

Most fans are happy when their offense gets inside the other teams 10. I look upon it a a sure FG. I cannot stand our red zone offense. i don;t even blame Sanchez when it fails.

I will be very dissappointed if Schotty is still a jet in 2012. He is the reason I wasn't flailing my arms and screaming at the TV on sunday. He has sucked the enthusiam of being a jet fan right out of me.

This year meh! I've seen enough in 9 games to know what Schotty's input does to a potentially very talented offense

I probably won't follow the team next year if he's still here. I don't think I can stomach another season with him calling the offense.

Yep I have had enough of this guy as well. I was expecting something after last year and was so dissapointed going into this year knowing that even if the team was good enough to contend for a SB at some point he would make some type of brain dead move to end the playoff run. I mean does anyone think this guy can call three good games in a row vs Playoff type defenses ?

Sunday vs the Pats was a day I was starting to get excited again and this sh*t face just took all the excitement away. So tonight Im like meh the Jets are playing. this comming from someone who has not missed a Jets game in 40 years.

Is there a stat for first and goal inside the 10---not the 20?

that is a nice site. I see where we were 44% last year. We are 10th in TDs scored. We are 14th in points scored. Looks like more FGs than TDs. We also get fewer chances in the red zone (24th), with all of our 3 and outs.....My point is i have no confidence when we get inside the 10. There is always a 2nd and goal running play and we are stuck with Slant man(Schotty) ignoring the fade and L'il Mark getting the pass tipped. Thanks for the site, tho. I love it.

that is a nice site. I see where we were 44% last year. We are 10th in TDs scored. We are 14th in points scored. Looks like more FGs than TDs. We also get fewer chances in the red zone (24th), with all of our 3 and outs.....My point is i have no confidence when we get inside the 10. There is always a 2nd and goal running play and we are stuck with Slant man(Schotty) ignoring the fade and L'il Mark getting the pass tipped. Thanks for the site, tho. I love it.

The point I'm trying to make is that our eyes definitely deceive us, particularly when we have a vested interest in the outcome. Bad seems worse then it really is, and good seems better. (Unless you're a homer like Klacko, then every things better ;) ).. Pretty much any team that doesn't have an elite QB hates their OC, it's been like that for years and will be like

The point I'm trying to make is that our eyes definitely deceive us, particularly when we have a vested interest in the outcome. Bad seems worse then it really is, and good seems better. (Unless you're a homer like Klacko, then every things better ;) ).. Pretty much any team that doesn't have an elite QB hates their OC, it's been like that for years and will be like

I take your point.

Archived