Important Playoff Question??

TNJet

Okay so someone explain this to me...How are we in even if Cinci gets beat? They are now 9-6, a loss making them 9-7, A win by us making us 9-7..why do we hold the tie breaker??? That is ofcourse considering we get Oak and TN loss too.

We have a lot of the strength of schedule tiebreakers. In the case of a head to head with Cincy, I believe the difference would be conference record. With them losing to BAL, we would have +1 conference wins. (We would be 7-5 in conference, they would be 6-6).

Okay so someone explain this to me...How are we in even if Cinci gets beat? They are now 9-6, a loss making them 9-7, A win by us making us 9-7..why do we hold the tie breaker??? That is ofcourse considering we get Oak and TN loss too.

1st tie breaker head to head, does not apply

2nd tie breaker conference record we will be both 7-5

3rd tie breaker common opponent minimum of 4 games we would be tied at 2-3 in those games also

4th tie breaker strength of victory, which we would slightly win no matter how the rest of the games play out.

Edit that was last weeks scenario sorry the above are correct.

We have a lot of the strength of schedule tiebreakers. In the case of a head to head with Cincy, I believe the difference would be conference record. With them losing to BAL, we would have +1 conference wins. (We would be 7-5 in conference, they would be 6-6).

Oh okay makes sense. Does the same apply for Oakland if they win and we do too? But cinci and tennessee loses?

Oh okay makes sense. Does the same apply for Oakland if they win and we do too? But cinci and tennessee loses?

The only way for the Jets to get in is if they are tied with Cinci only. The Jets lose all tiebreakers when there is a third team involved. So the only way the Jets get in is both Cinci and Tenn Lose and either Denver and Oak lose.

If the Jets win and both Cinci and Tenn lose and either Denver or Oak lose, the Jets get in.

Thanks. That is so sad. I mean seriously? This could totally happen. lol And those teams are pathetic. Thats the category we're in? Gross.

I dont think the Jets win this Sunday, but I could totally see all those things happening.

I'll forever remember this year as the season that got Tebowed.

Thanks. That is so sad. I mean seriously? This could totally happen. lol And those teams are pathetic. Thats the category we're in? Gross.

I dont think the Jets win this Sunday, but I could totally see all those things happening.

I'll forever remember this year as the season that got Tebowed.

Agree 100% on losing to Miami. Whether the Jets won or lost last weekend, I have no faith in them beating the fish.

Jets and Raider would both be in because the Raider win the West and Jets get the Wild Card.

Oh cool so the afc west games between oak and denver really doesnt effect the wild card because that team will just win the divisions cool.

Agree 100% on losing to Miami. Whether the Jets won or lost last weekend, I have no faith in them beating the fish.

Unfortunately, I pretty much knew this was coming. Just not a good Football team this year.

As much as everyone wants to bitch and moan about the talent, coaching, Sanchez, etc. I think this offseason and the rule changes under the new CBA really hurt this coaching staff. The Jets didnt go to Cortland this year. No more 2adays. Contact limitations in practice. Hard to be a smash mouth Football team when you cant hit each other in practice.

Sounds like Orton will be ready for Tebow.

yup

no way they mail this one in. at least he won't anyway.

all of the games relating to the jets are divisional games, so there should not be any give ups, and I believe the texans and ravens are fighting for a bye, so no one should be resting starters either

Unfortunately, I pretty much knew this was coming. Just not a good Football team this year.

As much as everyone wants to bitch and moan about the talent, coaching, Sanchez, etc. I think this offseason and the rule changes under the new CBA really hurt this coaching staff. The Jets didnt go to Cortland this year. No more 2adays. Contact limitations in practice. Hard to be a smash mouth Football team when you cant hit each other in practice.

Biggest thing was the o-line, IMO. We finally had the bad luck that we haven't had in years: Turner - IR, Mangold - hurt, Moore - hurt (often playing, but hurt). And to top it off, Hunter being a big downer.

Biggest thing was the o-line, IMO. We finally had the bad luck that we haven't had in years: Turner - IR, Mangold - hurt, Moore - hurt (often playing, but hurt). And to top it off, Hunter being a big downer.

Definitely. Huge step back. From one of the best to one of the worst.

The only way the Jets get in the playoffs is if Cincy, Tenn, and Oak or Den Lose.... thats it. The only team we hold a tie breaker with is Cincy.

I think Tenn will lose to Houston

I think balt will beat Cincy

then we need either den or oak to lose too kc or sd..... does not matter which since the winner will win the division and the loser will be behind us by one game. If they both win we are out

The odds are not terrible but they are not good either and I have my doubts if the Jets can even beat the Dolphins

Doesn't Houston have the 3rd seed locked up already? Do they have anything to play for/do you think they will they rest starters?

They've mailed it in can't get the 2 seed realistically Tennesssee is gonna wipe the floor with Houston's backups, which technically are there 3rd and 4th stringers with all there injurys. I also think Houston is planning on starting either Garcia, or Delhomme come playoff time there just letting them learn the O while they wait for the playoffs to start.

They've mailed it in can't get the 2 seed realistically Tennesssee is gonna wipe the floor with Houston's backups, which technically are there 3rd and 4th stringers with all there injurys. I also think Houston is planning on starting either Garcia, or Delhomme come playoff time there just letting them learn the O while they wait for the playoffs to start.

I guess all we can do is not get our hopes up and maybe we'll have a nice surprise come 7:30 or so on Sunday.

Archived