The 16th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft

Vudu

pass rushing RDE (devito gets to rotate in)

pass rushing OLB

RT

WR

RB

I would switch # 1 and # 2 in priority order there. Actually the RDE would drop below RT actually. Rex loves DeVito and values what he does. They are going to have to get the pass rush from an OLB.

The Jets will have a difficult decision to make here, if both Courtney Upshaw OLB from Alabama, and Alshon Jeffrey freak WR from South Carolina (Dez Bryant comparable) are availabe, do you give Rex the possible edge rusher he needs or do you try and maximize Sanchez with a big play speed, and size freak to work with, which will open things up for everyone else, whether it be Holmes, Kerley, or Keller.

Alshon is a big guy (both tall and overweight) who is coming off of a pretty bad season at South Carolina (the worst of his three at the school), plays nothing like Bryant (Mike Williams - the one who plays for the Seahawks now - would be a better comparison), and is certainly not fast. Not sure if you get much more out of him than we're getting out of Plax right now. Big risk.

If its me and we keep Sanchez I address the ROT, and Safety through Free agency, retain Thomas, Westerman, and Maybin, and draft Jeffrey in the 1st, and Nick Toon in the 2nd, try and and get a 2nd 3rd round pick and draft the fastest RB, I mean fast, available plus the future starting Safety (the best S in the draft has a mid 2nd round grade its a horrible draft for safetys no need to reach for something that is not there). If the Jets are gonna live and die with Mark, then F'it go all in with it.

WR Holmes

WR Jeffrey

WR Kerley

WR Toon

TE Keller

TE Cumberland when we go 2 TE sets

There will be no excuses for him with this group, there should be plenty of seperation, and open WR's

If Mark, and Rex are gonna go down F'it go down in flames its the New York Jets way!

They can only get separation and open by running good routes. Shotty designing stupid routes were all the receivers run hook routes 3 yards before the 1st down marker. Combine that with Sanchez's love to just dump it off the to RB or TE and it won't fix anything. Not saying I wouldn't want either of those WR's, cause I would love them, but I think we need more than a couple of new receivers to fix this offense and Tanny definitely wouldn't draft 2 receivers in the top 2 rounds.

I thought Barron had a first round grade?

Mark Barron who is the top SS in the draft has a second round grade if i'm not mistaken, so I can see us trading up in the second to grab him. With our first pick though, we get either Upshaw, Burfict or Mercilus. I think these are the only players that will be available to us when we pick that fill a position of need.

I'm tired of this oh well let's keep surrounding sanchez with boatloads of talent to make up for his inability to play QB and just checkdown to his RB or TE 80%. Sometimes a good QB can make the players around him better. We've invested a lot of draft picks into our offense, and yet our offense is still bottom of the pack. What makes you think Alshon Jeffrey will somehow fix that?

Give me Upshaw. Kids a beast.

Amen brotha

I'm tired of this oh well let's keep surrounding sanchez with boatloads of talent to make up for his inability to play QB and just checkdown to his RB or TE 80%. Sometimes a good QB can make the players around him better. We've invested a lot of draft picks into our offense, and yet our offense is still bottom of the pack. What makes you think Alshon Jeffrey will somehow fix that?

Give me Upshaw. Kids a beast.

Truth'd.

If its me and we keep Sanchez I address the ROT, and Safety through Free agency, retain Thomas, Westerman, and Maybin, and draft Jeffrey in the 1st, and Nick Toon in the 2nd, try and and get a 2nd 3rd round pick and draft the fastest RB, I mean fast, available plus the future starting Safety (the best S in the draft has a mid 2nd round grade its a horrible draft for safetys no need to reach for something that is not there). If the Jets are gonna live and die with Mark, then F'it go all in with it.

WR Holmes

WR Jeffrey

WR Kerley

WR Toon

TE Keller

TE Cumberland when we go 2 TE sets

There will be no excuses for him with this group, there should be plenty of seperation, and open WR's

If Mark, and Rex are gonna go down F'it go down in flames its the New York Jets way!

As crazy as this post sounds, I 100% agree with this.

This offense lacks speed, they are so ******* slow. Fact is, the D had their problems too, but they are miles ahead of the offense, and if they had an offense that could keep up with them they would be a lot better, even without a personnel change.

Look at the Packers and Patriots, top teams in the league, miserable defenses. Yeah, we don't have Brady and Rodgers, but getting the weapons like they have wouldn't hurt.

As crazy as this post sounds, I 100% agree with this.

This offense lacks speed, they are so ******* slow. Fact is, the D had their problems too, but they are miles ahead of the offense, and if they had an offense that could keep up with them they would be a lot better, even without a personnel change.

Look at the Packers and Patriots, top teams in the league, miserable defenses. Yeah, we don't have Brady and Rodgers, but getting the weapons like they have wouldn't hurt.

Let's not compare our offense to the likes of the Pack and Pats please. Those are two offenses being run by elite QB's with good OC's. Our offense is currently run by a less than average OC with a Jekyll and Hyde QB who over the past few games has been more Jekyll then Hyde (or whichever one is the monster).

Archived