Clinkscales to Interview for Rams GM Job

flgreen

Joey Clinkscales to Interview with Rams

Haters_tiny.jpg by bobdolethesnapplelady on Jan 10, 2012 1:08 PM EST

83281_Jets_Draft_Football.jpg

Julio Cortez - APMore photos »

9 months ago: New York Jets vice president and college scouting executive Joey Clinkscales, right, is seen next to general manager Mike Tannenbaum during a pre-draft news conference at the team's training facility, Thursday, April 21, 2011 in Florham Park, N.J. Scouting stats include 5,552 reports on players, 253 schools traveled and more than 300 players interviewed, according to the Jets. The Draft will be held next week in New York. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez)

Jets Vice President of College Scouting, Joey Clinkscales, has received permission to interview for the Rams General Manager position, per Jenny Vrentas, via Twitter. Clinkscales is the head scout for the Jets, and is extremely influental in how the Jets draft. I'm sure there will be more on this if he receives the job, but for now, good luck to him as he interviews. No date has been set yet for the interview.

Regardless of what I think of Clinkscales' track record here, I sincerely hope, for his sake, that he's a legit candidate and not just a token interview.

Agreed. Although it's kind of tough to judge someone like him from the outside. Obviously the Jets have been very happy with him, as they've kept him around for a very long time. Tough to know how much the Jets draft issues have been due to the scouting or the ultimate decision-making in the draft room, which there's at least 3 or 4 guys in that room with more clout than Clinkscales (Woody, Tanny, Bradway, Rex).

Archived